• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Humdinger

Man, I would have picked Zero personally, given it's the first chronologically and probably the best

I fell off of Yakuza games after enjoying Zero when I realised that each game is almost the exact same side stories over and over but with increasingly more convoluted and impossible-to-follow plots

Same, I would've picked Zero. Zero's characters and story were great.

EYen37G.jpg

Last edited:

CZY

Witcher 3 | playing on “just the story” for now as I don’t much care for the combat, I’m just here for the story, voice acting, choices & vibes.

Sekiro | trying to get gud, I really like this game. I’m to where I can eviscerate everything that’s not a mini-boss, so that’s cute. Long way to go before I can master bosses & mini-bosses, but I’m looking forward to the challenge.

Shifty1897

Replaying Nier Automata on the PS5 so I can finally experience the game at a stable 60 fps.
Still working my way through Chained Echoes on Switch with Metroid Prime Remastered in the Bullpen.
I haven't had a lot of time to play games in the last two weeks, working, parenting, and husbanding have all taken more time than usual recently and there hasn't been much time for games. I got a bonus at work and I decided to get a game with some of the money but haven't decided which one yet. Either Resident Evil 4 Remake or Fire Emblem Engage.

Gandih42

Just got to Mor Ardain in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Really digging the combat system which is super fun to mess around with. Also still positively surprised by the stories and characters. From trailers and previews, Rex in particular seemed super obnoxious, but I'll digress that he (and most of the cast) is quite well written. Could do without some of the tropes, but that's also part of the charm.

Although having had a lot more time with the game, the UI and menus feel quite dated. No menu for tutorials (although having to "buy" and ask around for them is quite a novel idea), no in-game information on the effects of blade specials or blade combos, no stat explanations (that I've found). It's interesting having played the remake of 1 first, it feels like they learned a lot from 2 that they put back into 1. Makes me very excited to see what 3 is like.

Should be getting Octopath Traveler 2 in the mail today (with the nice looking Steelbook). Not sure when I'll get into that, but it goes into the collection. Think I might do Demon's Souls on PS5 first, after Xenoblade and finishing my second Elden Ring run.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I usually like playing in order of release, not opposed to going back to 0 at some point though. I don’t plan to binge these games though.
You are doing the right thing. There are many references in Yakuza 0 to the previous games that you'll miss if you play that one first.

stn

Started my first run of Last Of Us: Part 1 (PS5). The vibe of this game is amazing, I can see why it is so widely regarded. Going to start Part 2 (PS4) as soon as I beat it.

sedg87

Banned
The X Files
Finished. Really enjoyable. Felt like an actual episode of the TV show. 8/10

Think I'll focus on Silent Hill now. Really want to beat all the games in the series. Also got the Clock Tower and Fatal Frames on my to-play list.

sedg87

Banned
Wo Long
Trying to give this game another chance then I run into Lu Bu. A ten minute boss fight where I can get one shot just isn't very fun.

Edit: Finally beat him. Had some really annoying deaths that felt unfair. Had an attempt where I was maybe three hits away from killing him, but I got a 'disconnected from network' error just as he was about to do a critical move. Ugh.

Silent Hill
Into the hospital now. Same place the lead dev at Team Ninja is heading.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Started playing Prey (2017) on PC. Already played a bit of it when it came out on PS4, but ended up dropping it because of the performance and controls.

I'm enjoying it a lot, the mimics got me paranoid 90% of the time, which is great. Game feels like playing a match of Garry's Mod's Prop Hunt, and I love that.
I'm also loving the aesthetics of the Talos I, it has a nice visual design which maybe reminds me a bit too much of Bioshock, but whatever, still cool.

Gandih42

Started playing Prey (2017) on PC. Already played a bit of it when it came out on PS4, but ended up dropping it because of the performance and controls.

I'm enjoying it a lot, the mimics got me paranoid 90% of the time, which is great. Game feels like playing a match of Garry's Mod's Prop Hunt, and I love that.
I'm also loving the aesthetics of the Talos I, it has a nice visual design which maybe reminds me a bit too much of Bioshock, but whatever, still cool.

Prey is so awesome! I played it on the base PS4 a few years back and despite horrendous load times and mid performance I was completely infatuated with it. I wish they'd give it a performance update for PS5 since I'd really like to replay it but I've heard it doesn't run much better as of now. I guess the chances of that are slim with ZeniMax being under Microsoft now... But in any case, amazing game and probably my favorite from Arkane.

If you haven't already noticed you can do some pretty wild stuff with the Gloo Gun, so abuse the shit out of it. The game also has a really fun rogue-like-esque DLC, I'd recommend checking that out if you're looking for more after you are done with the base game. It's completely separate from the main game, so don't worry about missing anything in the main game if you don't already have it.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Prey is so awesome! I played it on the base PS4 a few years back and despite horrendous load times and mid performance I was completely infatuated with it. I wish they'd give it a performance update for PS5 since I'd really like to replay it but I've heard it doesn't run much better as of now. I guess the chances of that are slim with ZeniMax being under Microsoft now... But in any case, amazing game and probably my favorite from Arkane.

If you haven't already noticed you can do some pretty wild stuff with the Gloo Gun, so abuse the shit out of it. The game also has a really fun rogue-like-esque DLC, I'd recommend checking that out if you're looking for more after you are done with the base game. It's completely separate from the main game, so don't worry about missing anything in the main game if you don't already have it.

Would be great, The game BTW runs at 60fps and 1440p looking very good on Series X via FPS Boost, played it about 2 years ago and had a blast.

Playing now Borderlands 3, the version with the 4 DLCs, bought it a year ago but didn't get the chance to play, it looks very sharp and runs great on PS5.

Mr Hyde

Finished Metroid Prime remaster. This game is as close to perfection as a game can be. The only criticism I have is the hunt for Chozo Artifacts, which gets kinda tedious at the end. Everything else is so good. Nintendo is raising the bar with this remaster. Enhanced with beautiful graphics that stays true to the original, this game will live on for at least another 20 years. Gameplay holds up incredibly well, with great level design, top notch boss fights and kick ass music. A true classic and a legendary game. Hats off to Retro and Nintendo for bringing it up to such high standards. Can't wait for Prime 4 (and hopefully remastered Echoes and Corruption).

[Sigma]

Still playing Devil May Cry 5 SE. Been waiting for months on a River City Girls 2 60fps patch so I can play it. Seems like it's never going to happen lol. They really fucked up that game so badly terms of optimization.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Craving for more Metroid so I'm gonna start a new playthrough of Dread. Really enjoyed my first time with so will be interesting to see if it remains so after a second time around.

bender

What time is it?
Wo Long - I'm up to the 3rd area boss with a buddy. Maybe the allure of Souls-like games is wearing thin with me, but I'm really not enjoying my time with it so far. It also feels like a really cheap/rushed effort.
TLOU2 - I'm early on my replay and I'm starting to remember all my niggles about the game, but boy oh boy is the game visually stunning.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Ace Combat 7 and it's not bad.

Nothing amazing, but there is a total lack of combat flight games (I'm not calling Ace Combat a sim) that it's the best I can get. It's good, but it can become repetitive really fast.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Horizon 2

This might be the best looking game. I just wish it wasn’t so god damn boring. PS+ saving me another $40. I think I’m going to start Ratchet & Clank.

Rippa

Just got done with Ghost Song and I was pleasantly surprised by how good of a MetroidVania this game is.

Still on the MetroidVania kick, playing MoonScars.

So-far-so-good!

Last edited:
I tried going on VRChat

I skulked around for a few minutes before being surrounded by a bunch of people calling me a "bitch" and demanding I changed my avatar from the default

Good shit.

Last edited:

kubricks

Fixed my OG OLED Vita and now I am replaying Odin Sphere again.
It's just shocking how much ahead of its time the Vita was, it was truly portable (Compared to the Steam deck and Switch I have) and delivered almost console like experience, so much possibility too bad Sony chose to abandon it.

8HY9qMi.jpg

Last edited:

kubricks

Witcher 3 | playing on “just the story” for now as I don’t much care for the combat, I’m just here for the story, voice acting, choices & vibes.

Sekiro | trying to get gud, I really like this game. I’m to where I can eviscerate everything that’s not a mini-boss, so that’s cute. Long way to go before I can master bosses & mini-bosses, but I’m looking forward to the challenge.

You are playing two of my absolute favorite games!

For Witcher 3, try mix in heavy attacks and use more bombs, it gives more variation to the combat. Don't just spam light attack. The combat sort of gets better if you play on hard difficultly but of course it's up to you.

For Sekiro, the parry window actually increase by quite a lot if you press and hold the block for 1/2 a second instead of tapping it. You will more likely to get the deflect that way which makes the game a good bit easier.

Reactions: CZY

Fredrik

Been playing Cities Skyline after the Cities 2 unveil. Currently playing around with the metro system, feels like I need to watch some guides how to do it without having to break everything I’ve already built. Should I have planned it out right from the start?

Press Your Luck 2010 DS

I thought the presentation would be a lot better, but I'll play through its campaign mode then sell it.

*Looks up video of Wii version

GeekyDad

Persona 3 Portable and I feel like something is going over my head.

I'm only at 6/10. What I'm doing is spending time with social links during the day and then at night increasing my stats. But it feels quite boring and I feel like I'm doing something wrong but I can't think of what else I'm meant to be doing. So it's just the same shit every day... spend time with friend then at night go to karaoke, arcade, cafe, or study. I've been upgrading my gear as much as possible too. I just unlocked the antique store and bought some cards and a custom weapon.

Not sure I can spend another 50 or so hours doing this. I love the characters and story but the gameplay isn't doing anything for me. Even Tartarus is mind numbingly boring. I tried playing on a higher difficulty but was struggling and now it's waay to easy lol.

I'll see how long I can stick with it and maybe I'll just move onto P4G.
The PSP version is nice to have, as, well, it's P3 on the go. But the presentation is way scaled down in comparison to the full version. And honestly, for me, the presentation of the Persona games is a big part of my enjoyment. Still, either way, it's a dungeon crawler, whether some folks want to acknowledge that fact or not. And if you ain't feeling in the mood for that, it's probably best to move on for now.

Mr Hyde

Metroid Dread is so fucking good. Love the fast paced nature, just running, shooting and parrying. The EMMI encounters and when you do manage to parry one you get an awesome feel. And the game runs like a dream and looks so good. One of the best looking 2D games for sure. I hope Mercury Steam continues with Metroid. They are doing a damn fine job so far. Love seeing this franchise getting so much love lately.

Silent Hill
For an old game, I'm finding it pretty tense and a little scary. Not felt like that playing a horror game for a while. Think it's the sound design more than anything else.
This one is next on my list :)

Right now, Im playing Elden Ring.

I took a break about half way through Persona 5. Im not sure I will ever beat it since I somehow managed to find spoilers while on a break; I saw an image when looking up someone's schedule, and then someone else made a cryptic post on /v/ and I put the pieces together. I fucking hate putting the pieces together.

amigastar

Continued my old save in Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire.
Haven't played for very long but i remember that i loved PoE the first one.

Top Bottom