• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has made you the most frustrated?

damolii

Neo Member
Actually surprised no one has mentioned FIFA, especially on higher single-player difficulties and ESPECIALLY online. on higher single player difficulties, AI is essentially just cheating to win, and in online (except Seasons,) if you buy the game just a bit too late, everyone's already:
A. Maxed out every credit card they have.
B. Been good and lucky enough to get good players.

most people are so shockingly bad at multiplayer games I'm surprised they can breathe in and also out without straining every neural connection. That's why rainbow is great because you can just shoot em. In other games you have to play with them for a 40 minute league match.

AlexBasch

Actually surprised no one has mentioned FIFA, especially on higher single-player difficulties and ESPECIALLY online. on higher single player difficulties, AI is essentially just cheating to win, and in online (except Seasons,) if you buy the game just a bit too late, everyone's already:
A. Maxed out every credit card they have.
B. Been good and lucky enough to get good players.
I play it as well.

Having to modify fucking sliders in order to have a competent, yet not perfect CPU difficulty is absurd.

And I hate Ultimate Team, so I can't comment on that other thing you said.

Kolibri

Probably when I used to play COD years ago.

The constant feeling that you were seeing things happen a second after everyone else.

Servbot24

Banned
Mega Man X8. Horrible game. I think it was the one time I ever had a physical reaction while playing a game, as I stood up in the middle of the level, tossed the controller on the couch and turned off the console.

Falchion

I'll add another vote for Jak II. It was definitely the hardest game I had played up until that point and there were some downright infuriating sections that were compounded by the lack of checkpoints. I beat it though.....

Raptomex

Had a friend ask me that today and I immediately thought of

z-rcbaron.jpg
You know what else is crazy about this? In the PS2 version, the plane will drain fuel constantly. In all other versions, the fuel stops draining when you land the plane.

Toni

I've owned Bloodborne for a week. Havent gotten past the first ogre in Central Yharnam.

Wait for him to do that attack where he pauses and then marches at you. When he does that, fire your gun to do a riposte.

Or buy enough molotovs to bring his health down.

Not even close to a contest, it was the Infiltrator for the NES. When I was a kid we didn't get many games, and my mom picked this out of the budget section at a store. It was in it for good reason.

Infiltrator has two types of gameplay. A kind of sub-Metal Gear spying and, um, infiltration game from a topdown view which is a lot of fun. You'd wear disguises, show enemy spies your papers, use gas bombs to knock them out and hunt around for secret gear and mission objectives. And a helicopter segment to get between those spying sections. It was the helicopter sections that I wasted way too much of a summer trying to get by.

The problem was that despite carefully reading the manual and seemingly being able to pilot Johnny "Jimbo Baby" McGibbits' Gizmo DHX-3 to the bases, I would literally crash every time I tried to land it. Landing the plane in Top Gun had nothing on this. Any little fiddly correction or speed issue or bit of damage sustained in the flight there would cause a crash. But I had tried it so much I thought I'd have to get it at least once. Nope.

At one point in a department store I found the Worlds of Power novelization of the game. It promised secret tips so I opened it and read that section. The only question was how to land the plane, and the book sarcastically repeated the advice from the instruction manual. I tossed the stupid book down in disgust.

In retrospect and reading faqs 20 years later I realized I probably hadn't been focusing enough on getting a perfect run before the landing, as even if you do everything right if some systems are damaged, and they are easily damaged, you'll crash anyway. The manual tells you that damage can cause a crash but I guess I didn't expect it to be that unforgiving.

I did manage to play all three of the fun infiltration levels, because the game has a password system with simple four letter codes that are hinted at in the manual and easy to guess. One was "Bomb," I remember.

Skronk

Banned
MKX online in the early days comes to mind. I guess I suck, I used to play SF4 online and probably lose a lot but something about MK felt extra horrible and humiliating to lose. I also never felt like I got any better so it was all pointless.

It didn't help that people would teabag as well when all I wanted was to learn.

Top Bottom