• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has the best continue-screen?

Anth0ny

continue29jxs.png

NIN90

I'm quite partial to the Resident Evil continue screens from the PS1 era. I think they got noticeably tamer after that point.

Myriadis

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon : Goemons Great Adventure for the N64.

Press A to let them shake their money makers faster!

VegaNine

OP wins with Mortal Kombat 4. I remember the crowds gathering to watch that at the Warwick Mall 'Tilt' in 1997.

Everyone knew to let the timer run out.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
The Ninja Gaiden one is fantastic.

I always loved that Capcom took the time to correctly show the reflections of the lit bulbs in the unlit ones. I'd watch the entire sequence just for that.

oh wow, never even noticed. Hooray for artistry!

robot

The correct answer is always Ninja Gaiden.

A favorite that nobody has probably seen...Eco Fighters. Each of the 4 panels reveals as the counter ticks down. So bizarre. If you don't continue I'm pretty sure you crash into a billboard with that girl on it.

ecof0014.jpg

blurrygil

Press A to let them shake their money makers faster!

I hate to nit-pick, but isn't this thread about CONTINUE screens? If it's specific to that, I'm hard to convince anything other than the NG arcade one.

But for GAME OVER screens, that one certainly ranks high.

Xander51

Final Fight was the first thing in my head and Ninja Gaiden was the second.

I can't really think of any that compare to those to. The continue screen is a lost art these days.

Gattsu25

Banned
I always thought the continue screen in Doom was pretty good.

Die while shooting --> respawn so fast you don't even realize you died.

Top Bottom