• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game/sequel/remake would make you buy an Xbox Series X or PS5?

RCU005

For me, Xbox Series X:

A remake of Banjo-Kazooie games + new game eventually.
I don't get why Microsoft hasn't done a remake of these games! It's unbelievable! After the success of Crash Bandicoot remakes, Microsoft should've ride on the popularity and release a remake of Banjo-Kazooie. Not only that, but their appearance in Smash Bros, sky-rocketed the popularity of the duo, and Microsoft hasn't done anything about it!

I also would like them to release a new game (Banjo Threeie). Nuts and Bolts was disappointing for many (me included), so they could scrap that, and make a true sequel to Banjo Tooie that is charming and great as the originals. Just retcon Nuts & Bolts out of existence. You could say that the original people no longer works at Rare and they made Yoka-Laylee. However, after watching the trailers for Crash Bandicoot 4, they are doing an incredible job, and it's been done by a different team (Obviously, since Naughty Dog is no longer involved), yet they are really getting everything right. Microsoft could do the same.

On the PS5:
New IPs. One thing I love about Sony, is how they somehow manage to make incredible new IPs each generation. I love to watch their E3 conferences (now I guess Youtube streams), and be surprised about a completely unexpected new game. Remember when Horizon was something completely new? Of course, I am now excited about the sequels of those games, but it's the announcement of new IPs that make me enjoy Sony's console. I really hope we get new games as exciting as Sony's for Xbox this gen, too (eventually).

What are your choices for games that would make you buy a console instantly?

Demon's Souls on PS5. Oh wait... haha

As far as unannounced Remakes, I'd flip out if MGS got a remake, or even the original Assassin's Creed. I think they could both use a next gen reimagining.

In regards to sequels, I'm still pining away for MegaMan Legends 3. Its never going to happen, but I can wish.

I also really want an Assassin's Creed in WW2 in Berlin. Being an undercover assassin taking out SS officers sounds like it writes itself. End of the game is assisting the allies in Berlin, cornering Hitler in the bunker, and taking back his piece of eden.

Last edited:

JLMC469

Banned
I didn’t like Spider-Man (on PS4) but just thinking about swinging through NYC at night, during the Fall, and with all the snow particles around makes me really excited about playing the Miles Morales spinoff.

As of today, I would buy the PS5 1st.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
For Xbox Series X: Ryse 2, Quantum Break 2

For PS5: Spider-man 2, Uncharted 5, The Order 1887, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War

I'm already getting the PS5 day one though

Last edited:

Bankai

What would make me buy a Xbox Series X:
1. Fable sequel (proper single player RPG)
2. Sequels by RARE (Goldeneye, Conker, hell I'll even take Grabbed of the Ghoulies part II)
3. A fantastic nextgen Halo
4. Other exclusive, singleplayer AAA games

What would make me buy a PS5:
They already got me because of their amazing exclusives and PSVR support. Day one purchase.

I fondly remember the days I was a Xbox360 fanboy, I was soooo happy with the console - after owning & loving the original Xbox. They lost me completely with Xbox One, never even got near one. But they can win me back, just gotta deliver them sweet games.

Dr Bass

I would have bought XSX day one if Battletoads had turned out like a modern version of the classics. Brutal, violent and over the top with awesome 2D painted visuals. Maybe like a Vanillaware game but in 4k. I don't care if it was a 20 dollar game. All it takes is one game I really want to play for me to get a system.

PS5, I'll get one for what's already coming out. The system is already practically guaranteed to have great stuff.

R6Rider

Gold Member
PS5 is already getting games/sequels/remakes I want.

Demon's Souls
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

God of War will get a sequel for sure.

soulbait

I would love for a Mass Effect remake. My favorite trilogy. I would love for them to recreate all three together, using a unified system for inventory management, shooting, and more. And then have it lead into a new series for the games.

I would love for MS to do something fun with the Perfect Dark IP. A sci-fi spy action FPS could be a lot of fun if done right. Add back in different objectives based on difficulty level and I am all in, along with a MP game with good bots.

I would love for Biware to remake KOTOR as well, using modern day mechanics. I have tried a couple of times to replay KOTOR, but I just cannot get into it, even though I loved the game when it first came out. This could also lead into developing a new KOTOR game.

MiguelItUp

XSX
Condemned
Phantom Dust
Ninja Gaiden
Perfect Dark

Anything Silent Hill related

PS5
Twisted Metal
God of War
Warhawk
Resistance

Nickolaidas

Banned
I'm already sold on the PS5, but I would like to see a re-reveal of Project Awakening.

As for the Series X, there is isn't anything which will make me buy it since I have a powerful PC now and all XSX 1st party games will also be on PC.

cal-santiago-bb2-teaser-alt1.jpg

I am getting both systems day 1 regardless. If we are speaking purely of games that would be system sellers well the Xbox Series X already has it and its called Fable. Now if we want to talk dream games revivals then it would be Banjo Kazooie Remake, both games remade in a new engine with a 3rd mainline game following up oh and of course a full blown remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day or a reboot in the same vein of humor, serial themes and so on.

For Sony it would be Dark Cloud 3 hands down.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Xbox absolutely nothing but I want Fable to be great again.

Sony every sequel basically but I got my wish of Demon Souls so I'm beyond happy.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Pretending I didn't have a decent PC, but if Microsoft some how struck a deal with SEGA to get Football Manager and/or Total War (even an older title like Shogun or Rome 2 would be cool) on the XSX then I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Camreezie

Xbox Series X : Scalebound , Viva Pinata 3 , Dead Rising Reboot

Playstation 5: Silent Hill , Metal Gear Solid Remake

Playstation have already announced some sequels I am interested in though

MrS

Banned
If From put any game exclusively on Xbox, I'd have to buy it. My hand would be forced.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If one of them give me new entry to .hack games I will buy that console in a heartbeat.

We are long overdue for new .hack
572308.jpg

Top Bottom