• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games have you been buying?

BossLackey

Gold Member
I don't know if it just happens to be my specific taste in games or what, but I feel like publishers just put me in their crosshairs for June and fired.

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
DNF Duel
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Capcom Fighting Collection
F1 2022
Neon White

I think there are a few I'm forgetting, and this is just games that have released recently (well, F1 2022 isn't quite out yet). And of course the Steam Summer Sale is rolling.

What have you been buying?

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I bought Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course and Inertial Drift on Switch just a little while ago. Picked up Capcom Fighting Collection when it dropped.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This June:
AI2_324x400_r2.jpg
borderlands-3-pc-game-epic-games-europe-cover_16_.jpg

Jennings

This year:
Elden Ring 9/10
Metroid Dread 6/10
Xenoblade Chronicles DE 7.8/10
Judgement 6.9/10
Triangle Strategy 6/10
Shin Megaman Teneshi V (arrives on saturday, will play after Xenoblade 3)

I plan to get Xenoblade 3 for Switch when it releases at the end of July, so when I finish Xenoblade 1 I will play and finish a copy of part 2 that I own and hopefully be all caught up for 3. I don't have Torna, but hopefully I won't be out of the loop for anything in 3 if I don't have time to play it.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

This year:
Elden Ring 9/10
Metroid Dread 6/10
Xenoblade Chronicles DE 7.8/10
Judgement 6.9/10
Triangle Strategy 6/10
Shin Megaman Teneshi V (arrives on saturday, will play after Xenoblade 3)

I plan to get Xenoblade 3 for Switch when it releases at the end of July, so when I finish Xenoblade 1 I will play and finish a copy of part 2 that I own and hopefully be all caught up for 3. I don't have Torna, but hopefully I won't be out of the loop for anything in 3 if I don't have time to play it.
Torna only add more story to Xenoblade 2. There are certain event that are mention in the main game. You get to play that event in Torna.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
So far playing AI Sonnium NI which I bought last week.
This year purchase : ER, HFW, Death stranding, Ghostwhire, Dying light 2 and more.
Alot of backlog

Plan to get saints row.

Last edited:

Jennings

So far playing AI Sonnium NI which I bought last week.
This year purchase : ER, HFW, Death stranding, Ghostwhire, Dying light 2 and more.
Alot of backlog

Plan to get saints row.
Yea, Saints Row is a good mention. Saints Row 3 and 4 (which came out 9 freaking years ago 😨 )were great, even if for completely different reasons. And although this is a reboot, if the reviews look good I will snap this next one up at full price. But after Agents of Mayhem I'm trying not to get too excited about anything.

Last edited:

Crayon

Actually, nothing lately. I've been playing what I have. The next thing I really needed was starfield but I'm not feeling it as much now. So I'm not buying anything for awhile.

I've got better games sitting around. I've had cyberpunk sitting around for a long time and I played that for like 3 weeks. It was great.

I put on bloodstained which was in my steam wishlist for a long time but showed up the ps sub. It's pretty interesting given the relation to castlevania games.

I found robotech battlecry on my shelf. Never tried that. i want to play nier again. I got to find a good lonely chunk of time to play saints and sinners. I want to play pd saga again. Check out that gt7 update. I have a longing for guilty gear but I have to not do that...

The_hunter

I've bought:
  • Captain toad on switch. Perfect game for portable play.
  • Metroid dread
  • Record of Lodoss war: wonder labyrinth ( physical copy )
  • Switch sports (wasn't a very big hit with my friends, we have more fun with 51 clubhouse games)
I plan on getting DKC tropical freeze, and wario ware. I saw disgaea 6 is coming out, but I will wait for a sale for that.

The next big game for me is Soul hackers 2 and splatoon 3.

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
I just picked up Super Mario 3D All-Stars today. I just had a real craving for Super Mario 64 and since this package is now out-of-print, thought I should grab a copy before prices skyrocket. I still assume these games will be offered digitally at some point, just as I'm also expecting Galaxy 2 to arrive sooner or later.

Earlier, I took advantage of a Nintendo eShop sale to grab the Castlevania and Contra compilations for five dollars each. I do wish I had a good rapid-fire joystick for the Contra games--the NES Advantage and Genesis Arcade Stick were the best.

I'm also probably going to start grabbing another stack of Sega Saturn games from Ebay. I'm telling myself that I should have a complete collection of soccer and baseball titles for the system, as most of them are very good.

Marvel14

Banned
I don't know if it just happens to be my specific taste in games or what, but I feel like publishers just put me in their crosshairs for June and fired.

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
DNF Duel
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
F1 2022
Neon White

I think there are a few I'm forgetting, and this is just games that have released recently (well, F1 2022 isn't quite out yet). And of course the Steam Summer Sale is rolling.

What have you been buying?

Bugs Fable...so far it's the Paper Mario I longed for.

Captain Toad....lovely companion to SM3DW and well worth it on sale and with the expansion.

KOTOR- it plays a bit dated...but it was so praised I feel I must continue with it...

Hades...not yet started.

Links Awakening ....not yet started

Northgard...nys

Two Point Hospital...nys

This War of Mine...Nys

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
I've bought:
  • Captain toad on switch. Perfect game for portable play.
  • Metroid dread
  • Record of Lodoss war: wonder labyrinth ( physical copy )
  • Switch sports (wasn't a very big hit with my friends, we have more fun with 51 clubhouse games)
I plan on getting DKC tropical freeze, and wario ware. I saw disgaea 6 is coming out, but I will wait for a sale for that.

The next big game for me is Soul hackers 2 and splatoon 3.
The sword play on Switch Sports is really good
But it takes some time to master...bowling is a good starter...

TexMex

Two Point Hospital! Been meaning to grab that and keep forgetting, gonna grab that now.

Lately for me, you name it. I’m a horrible impulse buyer. TMNT, FFIX, Prey, Dark Souls 3 digital, Neon White and just now grabbed Into the Breach on my Switch.

coffinbirth

I pick up really random games at pawn shops and stuff, as I almost never buy physical copies new. Rarely do I pay more than $15 a game at these places.

This month I've picked up;
Nioh 1&2 $20
Hot Wheels Unleashed $10
Dying Light 2 $12
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD & Banana Mania $20
Ghostrunner $10
Terminator Resistance $10
The Walking Dead The Final Season $5
Contra Rogue Corps $5
Samurai Showdown $5
Kingdom Hearts III $5
Goosebumps Dead of Night $5

All for Xbox and PS4

And then digitally on sale on Xbox;
Aer- Memories of Old
Apocalipsis
Curved Space
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Steel Rats
Serial Cleaner
Sayonara Wild Hearts
The Long Journey Home

I also plan on locking in that Limited Run Games physical edition of TMNT: Shredders Revenge.

I just read Planetarian and I want to give a very strong positive recommendation to anyone who enjoys visual novels. It's a beautiful story, a literary classic. Takes a while to get going but when it does it's worth it. It's also only a few hours long.

kunonabi

All my stuff is packed except for my Switch so haven't bought much. Grabbed capcom fighting collection on PS4 to support Darkstalkers as I always do and I got blade runner for the Switch. It's kind of ass so I'm waiting on patches to fix it.

DonJorginho

Banned
Since I've been starting my Gamecube/Wii Collection, I've got a lot in these last few weeks aha.

Wii Titles:

Red Steel
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 1
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Bros Wii
Mario Kart
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Play
Medal of Honor Vanguard
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Goldeneye 007
Resident Evil 4 Wii
The Conduit 2
Iron Man
Spiderman Web Of Shadows
Animal Crossing - LGTTC/City Folk
SW - The Force Unleashed
Zelda - Twilight Princess
Metroid Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy (fucking expensive)

GameCube Titles:

Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda - Wind Waker (Special Edition with OoT and Master Quest)
Luigi's Mansion

PS5 Titles:

TLOU Part 1 Pre-Order
MW II Pre-Order
Endling - Extinction Is Forever Pre-Order
Alan Wake Remastered
Ghostbusters Remastered

Plus a shit load of Xbox games too, has been a busy month!

ruzuyu

Neo Member
For Switch: Fire Emblem Three Houses and Three Hopes
For PC: MH Rise Sunbreak, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

I'm taking my time and having a blast with FE right now.

This year I've bought:

Dying Light 2
Infernax
Elden Ring
HFW
Ghostwire
Nobody Saves The World
Castlevania Advance Collection
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Alan Wake Remastered
Psychonauts 2
Wasteland 3
Langrisser I&II
Astalon Tears of the Earth
Next Machina
Unmetal
Salt & Sacrifice
GTAV Remaster

I've finished most of them, plat'd a few of them and that's in-between playing other stuff that was already in my backlog. Currently enjoying a trip down nostalgia lane with the PS Classics, Klonoa will probably be the next thing I buy.

I just bought Digimon Cyber Collection on Switch. It was on sale recently digitally and one I've been eyeing up for a long time.

It's essentially a collection of 2 games that mash up harder JRPG gameplay with a more hard version of Pokemon mechanics like collecting etc.

Really really good stuff.

Lunarorbit

Is like to thank this thread for reminding me to check the ps app to see what's on sale on my wish list.

Just grabbed on sale:

Vambrance cold embrace
Rebel galaxy outlaw
Unto the end
Unmetal
Ara fall
Bloodrayne betrayal fresh bite

HAvent read any reviews of these. Just looked interesting to me at some point so I got them all for around $55.

Any ideas which to start first?

Lady Jane

Banned
I have a Hearthstone addiction so I keep to that while my sister has a LoL addiction. Newer games are generally bad so I don't mind my money going into a GaaS that I do enjoy playing instead. Last new game I bought was Elden Ring and despite it being great, I still don't play it. I only want to play brainless games now. I still play Total War but they're one of the very few series from my childhood that hasn't gone to shit...yet.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
My 2022 game purchases so far:

Senran Kagura Bon Appetite Full Course
Snk vs Capcom: Cardfighter's Clash
Grand Theft Auto V
King of Fighters XV
Gran Turismo 7
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
FF14 sub
Tekken 7 Definitive Edition
FF12 The Zodiac Age
FFX & X-2
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Persona 5 Royal
Star Ocean The Divine Force
...and various DLC

Still planning to pick up FF7 Crisis Core Reunion in December and maybe Modern Warfare 2 once it goes on sale.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've bought a few games this year on Quest 2. Blaston is pretty fun. So is Superhot VR. Will get Iron Man VR if it drops to 20 bucks.

Outside of those I bought Sifu for PS5, Dead or Alive 3 on Xbox, The Orange Box digital from Xbox marketplace because I was jonesing for Portal. TMNT Shredder's Revenge and the Cowabunga Collection on Switch. I got Prince of Persia Sands of Time digitally for PS3 since I couldn't find my disc. I picked up Raji: An Ancient Epic on Xbox. I also got the GTA V next gen update on Xbox but that was free. I recently got Arkanoid and the Atari 50th Anniversary on Switch. Also got Big Brain Academy on Switch earlier this year as well as Dead Rising 3 when it was on sale because of the excellent DLC.

Most of what I've played this year has been on game pass or ps+ deluxe, though.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
These all the games I bought this year so far....
81TK3KyGRbL.jpg
81AS-lQdqfL._AC_SY445_.jpg
YzdBhBd.png
A9u4Bdp.png
915PR-X7KEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81RBL+jv9NL.jpg
3max.jpg

AI-THESOMNIUMFILES-nirvanAInitiative_PS4_MFrontCoverGameBox_548x700.jpg
cyberpunk-2077s-cover-featuring-male-v.large.jpg
ptYmaho.png
image-2021-11-03-150254-1635951774995.png
tbEKXtI.png
81kY6Kx044L._AC_SX425_.jpg
yzen0h5pjw991.jpg

We still more to come....
callisto_ps5.jpg
81jts5VpOhL._AC_SX425_.jpg
CIRiFAK.png

And people say there was no games this year.

Last edited:
These all the games I bought this year so far....
81TK3KyGRbL.jpg
81AS-lQdqfL._AC_SY445_.jpg
YzdBhBd.png
A9u4Bdp.png
915PR-X7KEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81RBL+jv9NL.jpg
3max.jpg

AI-THESOMNIUMFILES-nirvanAInitiative_PS4_MFrontCoverGameBox_548x700.jpg
cyberpunk-2077s-cover-featuring-male-v.large.jpg
ptYmaho.png
image-2021-11-03-150254-1635951774995.png
tbEKXtI.png
81kY6Kx044L._AC_SX425_.jpg
yzen0h5pjw991.jpg

We still more to come....
callisto_ps5.jpg
81jts5VpOhL._AC_SX425_.jpg
CIRiFAK.png

And people say there was no games this year.
There's only 2-3 games there that interest me. Elden Ring. Soul Hackers and Final Fantasy.

I was going to buy Soul Hackers and I still might.

Also Cyberpunk is a 2020 game. Nice try.

njean777

Currently:
Cod:MW2
Future:
Pokemon scarlett
Callisto protocol
Ff7 rebirth
Dead space
Hogwarts legacy
Resident evil 4

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Posted this in the October purchase thread.
17xoJ97.jpg

Some other pick-ups this year and LRG just delivered
ouLVYLQ.jpg
Was just going to say that someone has Switch Fever until I noticed the PSX haphazardly shoved in an entertainment center/shelf. Very, very nice. Personally, I would have that beautiful bastard fully displayed!

FeastYoEyes

Going to drop a bunch of preorders for games I want to support:
Callisto Protocol
Dead Space
Resident Evil 4

The rest of what I am seeing is either hitting gamepass or I can wait for a sale.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We are in a different category.... I don't even know most of the stuff you play. This year was rather poor for releases... I've bought:

Vampire Survivors
Horizon Forbidden West ps5
Elden Ring ps5
Uncharted 4 Remastered ps5
God of War Ragnarok ps5
Calisto protocol - undecided yet.

Old:
Crysis Remastered
AC Origins ps4 (not played yet though)
Spider mand and Miles Morales ps5 (not played yet though)

Finished In sub services:
Far: Changing Tides
Stray

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
so You are a sunday gamer?
Gaming is not your main hobby correct?
You don't feel the need to play new releases?

I was that guy all the way up to the start of last Gen, when I was 100% consoles. New releases, preorders, etc. I used to buy all the old magazines, follow every upcoming release, get excited over E3, etc…

Now that I’m on PC my wishlist is about 300 games, and my backlog is pretty large and growing because of the constant flow of free games and cheap bundles. I think it changed me.
I no longer feel the need to play the latest releases (I’ll make rare exceptions), as after four decades of playing - there’s nothing about them that I haven’t already seen.

I still enjoy gaming a great deal, but I also enjoy other hobbies that I feel I get more out of.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was that guy all the way up to the start of last Gen, when I was 100% consoles. New releases, preorders, etc. I used to buy all the old magazines, follow every upcoming release, get excited over E3, etc…

Now that I’m on PC my wishlist is about 300 games, and my backlog is pretty large and growing because of the constant flow of free games and cheap bundles. I think it changed me.
I no longer feel the need to play the latest releases (I’ll make rare exceptions), as after four decades of playing - there’s nothing about them that I haven’t already seen.

I still enjoy gaming a great deal, but I also enjoy other hobbies that I feel I get more out of.
I see. I also am pc gamer but over the years, i found that I mostly buy and collect steam games rather than play them :p

Top Bottom