• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Last component received build incoming
skwUSha.jpg

kindle editions of these

51cLFK2bgpL.jpg
51QhOBCm4nL.jpg
41NzbUX8v9L.jpg

been on my list for a while to buy them. they seem short and i need a few short books to get me back into reading so they seemed perfect. it's been long enough since i watched the movies so i can't remember exactly what happens in them and that'll help me appreciate the book more. The other Your Name book (Another side Earthbound) was recommended but I don't know if it's meant to go along with the official novel?

I'm on chapter 5 of Your Name. it's quite enjoyable so far. Once i'm done that and the second Your Name i'll rewatch the movie.

I'm planning on buying the 8 movie Harry Potter collection on Apple TV. I love watching Harry Potter at christmas time and there is a £10 discount right now. It's also 4K HDR versions which is a good deal. Not that I have a 4K Bluray player but the disc versions cost £60. Apple version is £35. i actually have the non 4K blu ray discs but i can't be arsed pulling my blu ray out of storage and hooking it up. I want the digital version so that's what I'll probably buy next.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm working up slowly to mostly compound exercises eventually.

Squats Deadlifts Bend over rows and Bench Presses. It'll take some time after all these years but yeah.

BroFist

I'm working up slowly to mostly compound exercises eventually.

Squats Deadlifts Bend over rows and Bench Presses. It'll take some time after all these years but yeah.

BroFist
Don't go to mad on deadlifts or romanian deadlifts those typically cause problems further down the line like disk degeneration. Always get someone competent to watch your form like a decent personal trainer, not some bro science tit in the gym.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Don't go to mad on deadlifts or romanian deadlifts those typically cause problems further down the line like disk degeneration. Always get someone competent to watch your form like a decent personal trainer, not some bro science tit in the gym.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

Same. Last post.

I'm no stranger to these excercises and always put form over weight. So no worries. Thanks for your concern man.

On topic

Having a conversation while needing to poop

KSxf7pQ.png

i just bought an RTX 4080 (founders). god i feel sick. £1,200 it cost.

and £210 for a new PSU.

with delivery charges total £1,423!!

no way my current psu would handle it and while it has served me well for 8 years i wouldn't trust powering the card with it. plus seems 850-1000W is recommended and mine is 750W. the PSU i got is 1000W and atx 3.0/pcie5 with the 16 pin cable.

PSU is coming tomorrow. Scan has already dispatched the GPU but the earliest i could get that delivered is saturday.

my current gpu is a 2080 which i have had for just over 4 years now. i'll be putting that up on ebay next week.

i know the 4080 will be a big upgrade and last years but the price is tough to swallow right now. i was waiting to see how the AMD cards reviewed and the XTX looks good but i can't give up DLSS and DLSS 3 with the frame generation sounds awesome so that's my justification lol.

im going to be a nervous wreck until the card is delivered lol.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Imagine not being able to sleep on your back and both sides.

With that said

batteries vibrator GIF

Told you it would be a great present to your SO other =P

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Pre-emptive purchase.

GjczF8T.jpg

ZsUORba.jpg

Are these better than the default PS5 one? Or does it only come down to your TV having all these features ?

Sometimes I noticed like vertical broad lines when playing on Series S. Could the HDMI cause that?

Ehh I guess many factors could cause that effect

Last edited:
Are these better than the default PS5 one? Or does it only come down to your TV having all these features ?

Sometimes I noticed like vertical broad lines when playing on Series S. Could the HDMI cause that?

Ehh I guess many factors could cause that effect
What you're experiencing I have experienced from time to time on the ps4, ps4 pro and ps5. It's either a limitation of the hardware or source material. My current tv only has hdmi 2.0 support. My next TV will be hdmi 2.1 supported which should reduce or eradicate some of the inherent issues of hdmi 2.0.

I've had expensive and cheap HDMI cables. They're all the same just make sure the materials used are of good quality in the build. I just like to err on the side of caution so stick with this brand.

Also make sure whatever you buy has this logo and in a sealed bag.

mumyxjz.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I bought a copy of the board game A War of Whispers after a friend introduced me to it. I love strategy games and this one was really fun to play.
iu

I also ordered the second & third series of Magic Puzzles. The first one arrives tomorrow. Really looking forward to putting them together. I loved the first series.

iu

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I bought a copy of the board game A War of Whispers after a friend introduced me to it. I love strategy games and this one was really fun to play.
iu

I also ordered the second & third series of Magic Puzzles. The first one arrives tomorrow. Really looking forward to putting them together. I loved the first series.

iu

Looks amazing. For real.

Bidding on a gag gift to give my brother on April 1st. A signed Topps rookie card of a Yankees pitching prospect inserted into factory sets who never made the big leagues. Hurt himself fighting in a bar.

so if you saw my previous post you'll see i recently bought a new GPU and PSU. got a 4080. after selling my old GPU and PSU i got about £300 back so total cost was ~£1,120.

today, 8am, i bought a new CPU, motherboard, RAM and SSD 🤮 total was £1,153 (i'll sell my current parts to claw something back). ever since i put in my GPU i've been itching to upgrade the rest of my PC and i've been thinking it over. finally "pulled the trigger".

got a 7700X, Gigabyte B650E Master, 32GB DDR5 6000CL36 RAM, and a 2TB SSD that can do 7.6GB/s read and 6.6GB/s write.

i was going to get the Asus B650E-E Gaming Wi-fi board but it was out of stock everywhere. The Gigabyte is about £90 more but i managed to save £55 on the cpu/ram/ssd by buying through Amazon so only really a £35 difference. The Gigabyte Master was the first board I looked at because that's the same brand I have in my PC now but obviously an Intel one.

i know 3D cpus are being revealed soon and i'll probably upgrade to one of them but i wanted to buy now and get the whole PC build out the way. when i get a new CPU i'll just swap them out real quick.

so 2023 is going to be a year of saving up for me! no more spending! at least after the 3D CPU is out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I just bought concealed carry vest mens at a leather vest because this makes it very convenient to have a motorcycle vest with a gun pocket.
If you're not aware, there's a community thread for gun owners. Join us:

Top Bottom