What if its all true?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
You're saying she attended oral arguments for the Prevezon case based under the assumption that she was there to represent Katsyv. This is not the case. She was NOT permitted to enter the US under those circumstances according to Bharara. He wrote:

“Since neither Katsyv nor Veselnitskaya are required to appear as witnesses in person at this stage of proceedings, we do not believe that immigration parole is appropriate,”

So since we do not know the nature of the State Dept. visa, we cannot assume her intention was to be a part of this meeting when she was explicitly told she was not allowed to enter the US simply because she was Katsyv's lawyer.
Where did I say any of the bolded?

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Where did I say any of the bolded?
You described the "meetings" with Simpson as follows:

Glen Simpson was having a client lunch which is very common and likely had him interfacing with the law firm that hired him rather than attorney Veselnitskaya, which I've read there would have been a language barrier there.
This seems to indicate that Veselnitskaya had a legitimate reason to be at the meetings because she had represented Katsyv. And that simply is not the case. She had no reason to be in the country let alone anywhere near the oral arguments and subsequent meetings with Simpson.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Glenn Simpson had previously testified under oath to the House Intelligence Committee that he never met with Bruce Ohr or discussed with Bruce Ohr the Steele dossier prior to the October [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] application in 2016 or the 2016 presidential election," Ratcliffe said on Fox News. "That is in direct contradiction to what Bruce Ohr told me under oath last month. I'm not surprised he is taking the Fifth. He probably should. He's in real legal jeopardy. Very clearly someone is not telling the truth. Nellie Ohr, Bruce's Ohr wife, certainly can shed some light."
So Glenn Simpson meeting with the same lawyer that apperantly was helping the Trump campaign collude with Russia wasn't a big deal? Considering that Fusion GPS was hired by the DNC and Hillary to make a dossier wouldn't it be pertinent to find out if HRC was colluding with the Russians and trying to get the same dirt Trump was through Simpson and Fusion?

When Glenn meets with a Russian lawyer its just dinner, but when Papa G is out having drinks its a backdoor into the Trump campaign and starting a giant investigation.

Did I miss something along the way, was Glenn and HRC investigated in regards to their contacts with this lawyer that was appearntly trying to collude with the Trump campaign?

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
You described the "meetings" with Simpson as follows:

This seems to indicate that Veselnitskaya had a legitimate reason to be at the meetings because she had represented Katsyv. And that simply is not the case. She had no reason to be in the country let alone anywhere near the oral arguments and subsequent meetings with Simpson.
I said client lunch not anything about oral arguments or subsequent meetings?????????

You're saying she attended oral arguments for the Prevezon case
Which I never stated.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
I said client lunch not anything about oral arguments or subsequent meetings?????????
Call it whatever you want. She had NO REASON to be there. That's the point. She was explicitly told she was not allowed to be there for the oral arguments, and she was. She was explicitly told she was not allowed to counsel Katsyv, and yet she still was present at the "lunch" & then the "dinner." She also had no apparent reason to be at Trump Tower, but guess what? She showed up there too.

All of this begs the question, why did the State Department let her back into the country to meet with Simpson and Trump?

Which I never stated.
You did. You said she was at the "lunch" because of some sort of perceived language barrier. Implying that she had a valid reason to be at this "lunch". When that simply is not the case.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Call it whatever you want. She had NO REASON to be there. That's the point. She was explicitly told she was not allowed to be there for the oral arguments, and she was. She was explicitly told she was not allowed to counsel Katsyv, and yet she still was present at the "lunch" & then the "dinner." She also had no apparent reason to be at Trump Tower, but guess what? She showed up there too.

All of this begs the question, why did the State Department let her back into the country to meet with Simpson and Trump?

You did. You said she was at the "lunch" because of some sort of perceived language barrier. Implying that she had a valid reason to be at this "lunch". When that simply is not the case.
I never said she had a valid reason to be a lunch. I just said that she was there. Where is your mental breakdown in this?

• LOL
Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
This spin is out of control.

Glen Simpson was hired by a D.C. Law Firm (BakerHostetler) which was hired by attorney Veselnitskaya who was representing Denis Katsyv in a Russian tax fraud and money laundering case. Glen Simpson was having a client lunch which is very common and likely had him interfacing with the law firm that hired him rather than attorney Veselnitskaya, which I've read there would have been a language barrier there. The "dinner" sounds more intimate and insidious than the reality. It was more like a banquet/party where Mark Cymrot , partner at BakerHostetler, invited a lot of friends, colleagues, and clients to attend. Both deny having even talked to each other at an event where numerous people had attended.

Also Veselnitskaya's adoption excuse is pure bullshit. Russia's external adoption policy has always been to only allow their disabled and sick children to be adopted out of Russia. After the Magnitsky Act froze assets of the Oligarch's, Russia responded by not allowing adoption anymore citing an incident that happened in one of the states where one family committed maltreatment on an adopted child. The United States has no part in enabling the adoption process occur again. The only victims here are the disabled and sick children. The US was willing to take in their most vulnerable to give them a better quality of life.
You can call the adoption issue a cover for the sanctions on Russian oligarchs, but that does not negate that she has indeed worked on this issue for many years, most importantly, in tandem with Glen Simpson. The information that she brought with her to the meeting was provided to her by Simpson on a previous matter they worked together on. So she went to lobby the Trump campaign on a matter she was working together with Fusion on, armed with info she received from Fusion, while Fusion is simultaneously compiling opposition research against the very same campaign.

Honest question: do you really not see a problem with this?

She also lied and said her meeting with Simpson never took place. That colors her credibility when she then denies they spoke, despite having worked together in the past and at the time.

You're reaching a lot farther here than we are.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

The Justice Department inspector general has determined the three Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant extensions against onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page were illegally obtained, attorney Joe diGenova said on Thursday.
Apparently right now they are just looking to see if the original app was obatianed illegally. The extensions were illegally obtained allegedly.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Tell ya what if Hillary and Obama end up in jail I'll call it my bad.
I doubt Obama or HRC end up in jail, too high up the food chain. But Comey/Clapper/Brennan/McCabe/Storzk any one or all of em probably will.

Now if Obama's FBI was doing this crap under his nose, whats worse he was involved in it, or he wasn't and didn't know what the fuck his FBI was doing?

Either way Obama is coming out looking pretty damn bad even if he isn't in handcuffs.

Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I doubt Obama or HRC end up in jail, too high up the food chain. But Comey/Clapper/Brennan/McCabe/Storzk any one or all of em probably will.

Now if Obama's FBI was doing this crap under his nose, whats worse he was involved in it, or he wasn't and didn't know what the fuck his FBI was doing?

Either way Obama is coming out looking pretty damn bad even if he isn't in handcuffs.
Its highly likely that none of those people will go to jail either.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
@Nobody_Important

When the Mueller report for Russian collusion closed without inditements for Trump, his family, his campaign team, nor any American for the Russian election meddling, didn't you say that you were glad that the Mueller probe still found other criminal acts?

Did I know that collusion was an impossibility? Not even close. There was enough smoke around Trump and his various associates to warrant an investigation.

Did I expect Mueller to catch Trump red handed? No. I am not quite that optimistic.

Did I expect the investigation to root out some of the illegal shit he or his various acquaintances have done over time? Absolutely. And thats exactly what he did. So that brings me back to be satisfied with what he accomplished.

We are just gonna have to wait for the full release.
So I'm guessing your stance remains the same as Barr investigates the corrupt origins of the Russia-Trump collusion hoax and roots out the "illegal shit" going on, like the three illegally-obtained FISA warrants to begin the investigations in the first place?

As long as it roots out corruption, you'd be in favor of the ongoing investigations to get to the bottom of this?

Reactions: cryptoadam

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
So I'm guessing your stance remains the same as Barr investigates the corrupt origins of the Russia-Trump collusion hoax and roots out the "illegal shit" going on, like the three illegally-obtained FISA warrants to begin the investigations in the first place?

As long as it roots out corruption, you'd be in favor of the ongoing investigations to get to the bottom of this?
Of course if they find corruption then it should be addressed. I just don't think they are going to find any. And even if they do find something I think its gonna be in a similar vein as what happened to Trump. There will be evidence and maybe a handful of indictments, but nobody major (Obama, Hillary, Comey, etc etc) will be indicted or go to jail. In fact I will be utterly astonished if anything remotely criminal is traced back to Obama, Hillary or Comey at all as a result of Barr's fishing trip.

This entire investigation is just red meat for Trumps base to chew on and keep them busy in my opinion. I don't think much will come of it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Of course if they find corruption then it should be addressed. I just don't think they are going to find any. And even if they do find something I think its gonna be in a similar vein as what happened to Trump. There will be evidence and maybe a handful of indictments, but nobody major (Obama, Hillary, Comey, etc etc) will be indicted or go to jail. In fact I will be utterly astonished if anything remotely criminal is traced back to Obama, Hillary or Comey at all as a result of Barr's fishing trip.
McCabe and Comey have already thrown Obama under the bus by claiming that the FBI was instructed to behave the way that it did. They've already found corruption, so I don't know what you mean by "I don't think they are going to find any". At this point, the game is who will throw who under the bus to take a lesser punishment.

This entire investigation is just red meat for Trumps base to chew on and keep them busy in my opinion. I don't think much will come of it.
Wouldn't this be implying that the 2-year Mueller investigation was red meat for the Democrat base? :pie_thinking:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I can't speak to the veracity of any of this, but it's a very interesting article.

In a surprise move Wednesday, Giuseppe Conte, the prime minister of Italy, fired the top management of three Italian intelligence agencies.

The move is being seen as the Conte government's response to the previous government's coordinated surveillance activity with U.S. intelligence officials during the 2016 U.S. election

Also from article

More at link. Again, I have no idea how much is conjecture, how much is true, how much is false.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
When the deep state is actually a global conspiracy.

'Member the hoopla and guttersniping over Trump talking about fake news and swamps?

Hold on to your butts!

Burnttips

Mar 27, 2019
Richard Ledgett should have been one of the first the Dems should have called to testify but oddly enough they haven’t.