• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Microsoft announced an Xbox One Portable?

If that was possible for that price point? Eh, maybe not. MS doesn't have many things that interest me. Plus aren't all their games going to be on PC anyway? I would probably just get a laptop.

sinxtanx

to enjoy this thread I would have to leave my understanding of thermodynamics at the door

if you could fit Xbox One power into a Vita sized case on the fucking cheap AND have battery life in excess of two minutes, Nintendo would have fit it into the Switch case

check again in a couple of years when some guy will inevitably complain that the Switch 2 isn't more powerful than the Scorpio

Luigiv

Flipping through the pages and there is already a portable Xbox One.

Made by Ben Heck so yeah it exists and made by him but off course not microsoft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnoUDE3aY0o

While that is a cool mod, calling it "portable" is a total misnomer. Even ignoring it's ridiculous size, it has no battery and literally must be plugged into the mains at all times, so by definition it's not a portable (more accurately it would be an all-in-one). Same goes for Ben Heck's One S laptop.

N7.Angel

Why would they ? they don't have the studios to make their primarily platform viable so a second one ? Only Nintendo can do it.

EGM1966

Assuming such a Unicorn was possible (I don't that combo is though) it would sell to s niche hardcore and most likely be declared a failure vs Nintendo portable devices.

Matt

But it doesn't have to be smaller than a switch. And the switch could've been cheaper if it wasn't for the silly expensive rumble joycons. You can say the device can have an extra $70-80 room for more power/advanced chip.
The JoyCons cost a bit more than any included controller, not $70-$80.

But it doesn't have to be smaller than a switch. And the switch could've been cheaper if it wasn't for the silly expensive rumble joycons. You can say the device can have an extra $70-80 room for more power/advanced chip.

Did you read the OP?

Sounds about right

you're an imbecile. you don't know what kind of effort goes into making any game, because you don't know a single thing about game design, or game development. for the record, I'm no expert, but your post still comes off as one of the dumbest I've read in a long time. Why? because I'm at least informed enough to understand that making a game like Shovel Knight is more complex and involved than its retro artstyle suggests. I'm informed enough to know to expect different things from an AAA team of 300 and an indie team of 20.
go watch a basic ass five minute video on like game design or some shit ffs, or, like, if you want to keep bringing the intelligent discourse like you have been... there's always GameFAQs

newbong95

Microsoft profiled the games on xbox one and then scaled the hardware to run at 4k on scorpio .... why cant they do the opposite to run each xbox one game at 720p and at a power level of a handheld ... or maybe a tablet .. ipad pro level?

TechJunk

There was a similar thread talking about a PS4 portable...
Consensus was that it just wasn't feasible to do at a price point consumers would buy.
Think Surface tablet levels, your mainstream console gamer will not buy at $900... But it would be cool.
Probably next gen, I'm sure portability will be a bullet point.

Top Bottom