• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What internet browser/search engine do you use and will you change?

What browser/search engine do you use and will you change? (multi choice)

• Total voters

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I know Google Chrome + Search will win hands down but still gonna ask. I just ditched Chrome for Edge and have been trying to get used to Duckduckgo. I think the results are good and it's easy to have it use google with the "!g" command. Edge browser hasn't got all the features of Chrome and it ain't as polished (heh) but i don't think I'm gonna go back. I tried Firefox on desktop but the android version sucks and syncing is hit or miss.

ksdixon

Firefox/Google Search/Happy.

Mind you, I'm still on FF56 due to needing addon compatability that the Web Extentions re-write of addons cannot acheive from FF57 onwards.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Chrome and google, in the past i tried other browser like opera or firefox but never liked them.

Last edited:

tommycronin

Chrome on my S20+ has gotten very lagging lately, not just me theres a lot others too. What would ye recommend I use instead?

Hakiroto

Safari (with the awesome 1Blocker extension) and, for the most part, Google. I’ve used DuckDuckGo for a while, on and off, but found it lacking for certain things and it was a bit of a pain when working.

When doing web development, though, I use pretty much all of the popular ones for testing and for their various sets of developer tools.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Firefox mostly for me though Chrome for developing Angular apps because the debugging options are superior. Brave for personal browsing at work.

Compsiox

Banned
I heard Firefox fired some important cybersecurity employees but I'm still using it. Not sure if I should be to be honest.

Falcs

Banned
Went from Chrome to Vivaldi. Never going back. Amazing browser. Highly recommended everyone give it a shot. It's so customizable and you can install any chrome extensions on it. It also has a built in adblock (the only one I've found that can actually block dailymail's ads).

Nymphae

Banned
Vivaldi - gestures and customization are second to none, so no I will not change unless it's removed for some reason.

About browsers more generally, I recently read this about some apps being taken down from app stores:

Okgikhe.png

Phone app ecosystems not allowing anything that can in any way be used to access content with hate speech. As one commenter put it, if web browsers did not already exist, Google and Apple would ban them from their app stores.

Ur0rY3w.png

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Mostly used Google chrome but I use a mac and changed to safari a couple of days ago because it's supposed to be better for the battery and use less energy and I think it doesn't track me as much as chrome does.

For searching, I mainly use Google.

Forgot about my phone. I use chrome on that since it's an android.

Last edited:

KielCasto

Firefox on my laptop and phone. Syncing works enough for me.
DuckDuckGo for searching, but I still use Google sometimes for more geographically relevant searches.

Firefox on my laptop and phone. Syncing works enough for me.
DuckDuckGo for searching, but I still use Google sometimes for more geographically relevant searches.
Almost exactly the same except I use Safari on my phone and I don't know what syncing you're talking about but otherwise the same.

teezzy

Banned
Firefox and Google

I should use DuckDuckGo, but I'm already deep into the Google Home/Android ecosystem. No going back now

Browsers : Brave, Yandex and Tor.

Yandex used to be my primary browser, but since Brave introduced the rewards system, I switched over that one.
Yandex is still my favorite though, but earning ~150€ with Brave was a good enough argument in its favor.

Dark Star

Chrome/Google for most everything right now. I was on Firefox/Bing for a while and it does some things better. I think YouTube actually runs better on Firefox compares to Chrome, but I’m a creature of habit and familiarity.

I was also using Vivaldi/Duck for a few weeks but I couldn’t really get used to it. Nice browser though. Same with Brave. I just like the format and customization of Chrome better.

Last edited:
I use Chrome for my main screen, Edge for the left, and Edge Dev Build for the right screen.

Since they all run on Chromium now it makes things easier.

I've been using StartPage for search.
Never heard of it.

duck or bing, command line google if i need reliable data

chrome, opera, edge
What's that?

Chrome/Google for most everything right now. I was on Firefox/Bing for a while and it does some things better. I think YouTube actually runs better on Firefox compares to Chrome, but I’m a creature of habit and familiarity.

I was also using Vivaldi/Duck for a few weeks but I couldn’t really get used to it. Nice browser though. Same with Brave. I just like the format and customization of Chrome better.
I make a lot of animated PNGs (APNGs), and I find my system can handle them better when I play them in Firefox than Chromium browsers. My fan just goes wild if I play an APNG in a Chromium browser.

lock2k

Banned
Chrome and Google but I'm willing to try new stuff.

I have to use chrome for work but I can change my home browsers.

Ar¢tos

I used Firefox until v78 came up and it became total shit.
I'm using Kiwi Browser until Mozilla fixes the shit they have made.
Search engine, I have always used Google.

I used Firefox until v78 came up and it became total shit.
I'm using Kiwi Browser until Mozilla fixes the shit they have made.

Search engine, I have always used Google.
What do you mean? I haven't had any problems with Firefox. What's great about Kiwi? I've never heard of it.

Top Bottom