• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is it with cats and boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Cat-squeezes-into-box-fits.gif

plnEeZF5hEmL_r546XCOWw2.gif

102.gif

107.gif

104.gif

tumblr_m77y480LKl1qlbduko1_500.gif

BowieZ

Banned
My cat Nova prefers plastic bags. She'll stand in front of an open one while I tickle the back and it's a race: can she nab me before I can pull away?

My cat loves boxes (and any small, enclosed space), but is scared to death of the sound of a plastic bag being opened. Runs right out of the room.

And what is it with cats always liking to sit on any new flat object in the house?

jts

...hate me...
Yup, came to say that my cat is more of a bag dude himself. Just put a plastic bag on the floor and he will call it home.

But for the moment he will settle for under the desk.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Heh I just adopted a 10 month old kitty today. Got her 3 beds. One I bought, one is the carry bag and one is a box I cut a hole in. Guess which one she picked!

You didn't love boxes when you were a child? I remember distinctly enjoying a big vacuum box. It was my personal castle and a great hiding spot (in my mind).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Those fuckers love boxes, bags, suitcases, and pretty much anything they can put themselves into and explore like confused monkeys in space.

Also, if you're reading something, say a magazine, and it's flat on a table in front of you, they like to sidle up alongside and then put their asses all over what you're reading.

Davey Cakes

My friend's cat likes enclosed spaces. You could merely create a V-shaped opening between two things and he'll choose to lie down in that space. Take it to the next level and create caves out of furniture and whatnot. He was also partial to a duffle bag.

like my legs?
Possibly! Hah. But that might not cut it. More like, between two boxes or bins or something.

Alucrid

Banned
My friend's cat likes enclosed spaces. You could merely create a V-shaped opening between two things and he'll choose to lie down in that space. Take it to the next level and create caves out of furniture and whatnot. I don't know what's with cats and enclosed (even just partially so) spaces.

like my legs?

BowieZ

Banned
Also, if you're reading something, say a magazine, and it's flat on a table in front of you, they like to sidle up alongside and then put their asses all over what you're reading.
So much this. "Gah can you not sit 5 centimetres to the right??!" lol

FStop7

Banned
I bought a bed for my cat.

Took it out of the box and put it on the floor.

She ignored the bed and slept in the box.

Fucking cat.

I miss my cat :(

Stark

Banned
Yeah, dunno. My cat prefers bag's though... He also likes to sit in the closet on the towels. Oh well, it's cute.

Kammie

I've learned not to spend any more money on toys and things for my cats. Expensive toys, balls, mice, etc, always end up ignored. I just give them toilet paper rolls, and they have a box they can chew on. Annoying as hell when it's 4 AM and I'm woken up by the sounds of them ripping that thing up! I'll go take it away, and one of them is inside and the other is fighting trying to get in as well.

KHarvey16

I've learned not to spend any more money on toys and things for my cats. Expensive toys, balls, mice, etc, always end up ignored. I just give them toilet paper rolls, and they have a box they can chew on. Annoying as hell when it's 4 AM and I'm woken up by the sounds of them ripping that thing up! I'll go take it away, and one of them is inside and the other is fighting trying to get in as well.

Try the plastic ring that holds the the lid on the milk. One of us always just throws those on the floor for them to play with. One day, if we're lucky, we'll find them all.

ntropy

the box doesn't even necessarily have to be open. if u leave a shipping box around, a cat will want to sit on it. fucking weird.

DoomGyver

My cat used to like boxes, bags, sinks, and q-tips. In the morning while I brushed my teeth she'd always be there to say g' morning and would always be there when I came home from school or work. Loved q-tips too, I'd throw one on the floor and she'd go nuts over that thing, after a few minutes she would lose it under the couch. Then she'd look at me like "aw man it got away!"

She died last year, I miss that dang cat.

SmZA

In the wild, kittens are raised in small hollows for protection and warmth. Boxes give them that feeling of comfort. Awww.

bobcat_kittens____by_white_voodoo-d589v7e.jpg

Davey Cakes

Try the plastic ring that holds the the lid on the milk. One of us always just throws those on the floor for them to play with. One day, if we're lucky, we'll find them all.
Bottle caps, too. Cats are so weird. They'll hardly play with the expensive and interesting toys, but give them some everyday piece of trash and they'll play with it for hours.

Cats rarely play (unless it's maybe catnip filled) with what you buy them or sit in shit you buy them. My cats were always batting around hair ties and bread ties instead of their designated cat toys.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'd like to unleash a swarm of cats in a warehouse full of boxes. Would this be a solid idea to bring to Kickstarter?

my old cat would knock stuff off the stairs, usually Christmas ornaments, and they would shatter. She hated stuff being on counter tops. If there was a pen she'd bat it with her paw until it fell off and she'd just stare at it for a few seconds and find something else.

LadyRiven

I imagine they feel like I did when the neighbors had a refridgerator box for us to play in. Damn right that thing was a SPACE SHIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom