• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is on your gaming 'bucket list'?

I will play through all of Morrowind one day. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, it won't be this year or next year, but someday I'm going to do it, god as my witness.

Also, go to a Giant Bomb PAX panel.

woopWOOP

Get a working MSX(2) or PC-Engine and play some games on it.

Replay Skies of Arcadia Legends and get the needed rank to fight the hidden Vigoro boss.

Visiting an arcade with some really old school arcades, for sure.

Trying to find a copy of this 370-in-1 NES cartridge that my old neighbours had. Its legal status probably makes this one near impossible to ever find again though :p

KiraXD

Finding one of these before i die.

I mean... im currently building the largest Joe Madureira collection ever (its quite possibly currently the largest there is!)... and this is the one thing i fear wont be able to find.

only 10 exist of each PS3 and 360.

0NVzp7O.jpg

v5AkUTu.jpg

They fucked up The 360 version unfortunately... id still take it if i cant find the PS3.
(notice they printed Darksiders upsidedown under the "360" name on the dvd tray)
5GeCi3W.jpg

ZqNMYJw.jpg

It looks fine if sitting upright though... just a minor annoyance.
SCxzuVI.jpg

So on that note... Anyone here on gaf have one of these or know one of the 20 people who have one... i need to buy it...

Ikon

I will play through all of Morrowind one day. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, it won't be this year or next year, but someday I'm going to do it, god as my witness.

Also, go to a Giant Bomb PAX panel.
You really should, it's just soo good. I played through that game enough times to know where every single notable magic item was by heart.

Honestly I've been contemplating cutting down my collection. There's no way I'll ever finish my current backlog. I have all three systems but I'm at a point in my life where I'll likely never play all three regularly. Am I crazy for considering going the PC & Wii U route? And for the sake of staying in the spirit of the thread, I am going to finish evert numbered final fantasy. I have yet to finish 1, 2, and 3. Probably won't ever touch 11 and 14 though.

I'm in a shit position. Most of them are really long. I should probably prioritize these over random garbage I keep buying. Not going to list stuff I already started on. Also not counting stuff I don't have the console for like Bayonetta 2 and the Shenmue games. I already own the majority of these.

Xenoblade
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Chrono Cross
Okami
Valkryia Chronicles
Catherine
Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
Planescape Torment
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Fire Emblem Thracia 776
Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War
Radiant Historia
Danganronpa 1/2
Various SMT games (DDS, Raidou, SMT II)
Drakengard 1-3
Dragon Quest 7/8

So fuck me right?

Dr. Buni

I will put enough time and practice in a game in order to get actually good at it. I am mediocre at pretty much every competitive game I have played (because I am always playing ten of them instead of focusing on one).

idalarian

I swear I'll play all the Zelda games after LttP (played as a kid). But JRPGs and other story heavy games and VNs take priorities I guess...

Xenoblade Chronicles
Ni No Kuni
Tales of Xilla
Tales of Xilla 2
Tales of Grace f
Tales of Heart R
Persona Q
Magma Carta 2
The Witcher 3
The Last Story
Arc Rise Fantasia
Pandora's Tower
Final Fantasy Type 0
Final Fantasy XIV
The Last Remnant

Games I am going to be playing once they come out.
Final Fantasy XV
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Zestiria
Dragon Quest 11
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Kingdom Hearts III
World of Final Fantasy
Mass Effect Andromeda
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem x Shin Megumi Tensai Crossover

I've been playing a couple of those games. My backlog is massive and is mostly jrpgs, and wrpgs. But lot the games I have take a lot of time to play.

Final Fantasy tactics: war of the lions.

I don't like turn based RPGs. But that game gets so much love I feel like ghere must be something wrong with me if I dont play it.

I was at an FF concert tonight and thinking about the big FF games I haven't spent much time on (IV, VI, VIII and IX) and one I've never played (FFXII).

The Half Lifes and Super Mario Bros. 2, 3 and World are also there. Oh and Sunshine and I never finished Galaxy 2.

The Souls games and need to finish off Bloodborne.

KiraXD

Meet and talk to Hideo Kojima. Also, find out what brand his glasses are :p

i checked this one off already! i bumped into him walking around the showroom floor at SDCC a couple years ago.... just him walking around with his translator and no one else around... i was pretty much lost it... lol.

Tapejara

I want to finish:

Metal Gear Solid - I love the series but I can't get into the first game at all.
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - love the first game, but couldn't stand the second one. It's been like three years at this point.
Bloodborne - Love it, but I don't have the patience for a Souls game at the moment. Took me a while to beat Demon's Souls as well, so maybe once I get into the rhythm thing'll change.

I want to play:

Silent Hill 2 - I know I'll love it. But I don't have a way to play PS2 games, nor do I want to deal with tracking down a PC copy. My only option seems to be the HD Collection and well...yeah I'm not that desperate yet.
Resident Evil 4 - Everyone loves it. I've never played it. One day!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Complete all of RPGCodex's best RPG's

I've actually beaten most of them, but shit's still going to take a long time

KevinCow

Banned
My primary goal is to make and release a complete game. I don't care how well it sells (though it would be nice to make back whatever I put into it), I just want a completed game with my name on it to be out there for people to buy, so I can point to it and say, "I made this."

Devildoll

Initially, the only gaming system i had last gen was a pentium 4 PC.

so i couldn't even start Bioshock, since my graphics card didn't have a shader model that was up to date.

therefore i have a shittone of games from like 2005-2008 that i have not payed.

I just spent most o my time playing counter-strike instead.

So, the bioshock series, Dead space, etc etc, i have a huuuuuuuge backlog to go trough.

Last time i tried to play bioshock i just spent an entire day setting up good AA settings, binding slowmotion to hotkeys etc, i never got around to playing the actual game.

Completing all of 700 games on my Steam library (aka never).

Probably Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2. I was turned off by the negativity towards it.
Never played any Wii and Wii U games so yea. I want to play The Last Story, Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Bayoneta 2, etc.
And a bunch of other games such as Xenogears (Only played the first half of disc 1), Final Fantasy Tactics (Got stuck in the middle of the game decades ago), God Hand (Stopped half way for some reason), MCC (don't own Xbox One), etc.
Also attend E3, and meet famous gaming people (Miyamoto, Uematsu, Itagaki, Sakaguchi, etc).

ta155

I need to play a lot of old Nintendo games, basically everything great pre-N64. Will probably start with Super Mario World.

Play and/or finish the following (there'll be more, but this lot springs to mind):

Suikoden
Suikoden II
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Persona 3
Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Okami
God of War
God of War II
God of War III
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (sidenote: need a lot of enthusiasm for these three)
Catherine
PixelJunk Eden
Eternal Sonata
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Vanquish
Ni no Kuni
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Gears of War 3
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts N Bolts
Metro 2033
Metro: Last Light
Sleeping Dogs
Halo Wars
Metal Gear Rising
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fallout 3
Bulletstorm
Battlefield: Bad Company
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Far Cry 2 (sidenote: sigh)
Far Cry 3
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea (Both parts)
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Deus Ex
Dishonored
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Chrono Trigger
Half-Life
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
XCOM: Enemy Within
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Any GameBoy Pokemon game pre-2003
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Shenmue
Shenmue II
Xenoblade Chronicles

elhav

Xenoblade Chronicles.

I keep hearing how it's one of the best JRPGs ever etc, but for some reason I have yet to try it.

Will definitely play someday.

B.K.

Beat Final Fantasy III. I don't know how many times I've started the Famicom version and remake, but I never can beat it. I always give up after five or six hours.

Murugo

Most RPGs. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, Chrono Trigger, Ni no Kuni, Earthbound and Mother 3, and the rest of Okami after spending 50 hours and getting nowhere near close to the end.

FistOfSyn

Banned
For some reason I stopped right before the final boss of chrono trigger.. idk why

So my goal is to actually replay the whole game to refresh my memories about the story AND beat the final boss this time. Gonna be easy to do considering how good chrono trigger is.

tearsofash

Eventually I will finish Grandia and FFV no matter how times my PSone/PS3/etc memory cards or system crashes happen.

mulac

My previous bucket list consisted of only one item - Platinum ANY From Software Game.
Last month I got the Platinum for Bloodborne.

So thats done.

Bucket List Version 2 = Platinum any of the Final Fantasy Games.

I find it helpful to keep the bucket list to no more than one item for gaming otherwise disappointment reigns.

Dremark

Banned
Off the top of my head I always wanted to beat Ninja Gaiden. The furthest I have gotten was the second form of the final boss but it's probably been at least a decade since I last made a serious attempt at it.

Castlevania 1 and 3 were others, I did go back a few years ago and finished 1. 3 is harder though, probably even harder than Ninja Gaiden is. Someday I'll finish it.

A lot of people posting about Final Fantasy.

That's on my list too. I only played the 13 trilogy and 10. I know that 7 is good, but how about the rest, like 8 and 9? Where to start?

dickroach

every Mega Man game ( I think I've beaten 2 and/or 3?)
Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3
Little Big Adventure 1+2 ( I think I've beat Twinsen's Odyssey ?)
every LucasArts SCUMM game I haven't played
every Metal Gear game
every Resident Evil game
every Oddworld game
collect all 15,000,000,000 Pokemon on one cartridge
every Squaresoft SNES/PS1 game I've never played
every Mario/Wario game I've never played

Pif

Banned
I "dream" of seing knock offs of modern videogames running on a grid of retro consoles in parallalel processing.

Like, shenmue running on a Grid of SNES consoles. If such a thing is even possible.

While I could put stuff like Grim Fandango and Link's Awakening, I'm not going to list any games, cause most likely I'll get to them all eventually barring any unforeseen accidents. Like, for instance:
Snatcher.

Which I played a year or two ago finally, still holds up, great game, especially if you like the cyberpunk setting as I do.

Actual stuff on the bucketlist would be:

Getting my hands of the Steel Battalion controller for the Xbox and playing it. As a mech fan, it looks like the best thing ever.

My primary goal is to make and release a complete game. I don't care how well it sells (though it would be nice to make back whatever I put into it), I just want a completed game with my name on it to be out there for people to buy, so I can point to it and say, "I made this."

Though for the game I would probably just do some freeware RPGmaker thing, maybe along the lines of a surreal mashup of Earthbound & Lynch or something, I dunno. Not for the credit or anything, I just feel like I want make one at least.

Also to have a home arcade cabinet, but I think that's pretty unlikely.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I will eventually play and beat the old Phantasy Stars.

Also all the old Final Fantasys before VI.

Play all the MGS games and find out the difference between all the games and which order to play them in!

Also to play and beat P4 Golden. But that's gonna be my Christmas break title to play through at this point.

Gren

Long ago, I bought this:
One day when I get off my lazy ass, I'll actually rip the ISO & try it (can't read Japanese & don't know how to play Pachinko) if for nothing else to see the supposed SD/Pocket Fighter versions of Blanka, Sagat, Gief, etc that are in it. If by some miracle I'm also blessed with limitless free time, I'd even like to get sprite rips out of them.

MikeyB

Beat Genesis version of Golden Axe with only one life. Finish Road Rash. Buy a proper racing wheel. Play a Metal Gear Game or a Souls game.

As God is my witness, someday I WILL beat Steel Battalion.

I'm so miserably bad at it, but I love it so much. The farthest I ever got was the intro of gen 2 mechs.

Top Bottom