• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the Age Gap on Neogaf?

What Gen Were You Born

• Boomer 1940 -1964

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gen X 1965 - 1980

Votes: 92 34.3%
  • Millennial 1981-1996

Votes: 170 63.4%
  • Zoomer 1997 - 2005

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

JordanN

Banned
I'm 25.

And I''m going to be honest, I actually do feel really old at this age. Maybe it's because I've been in the workforce, maybe it's because I've seen how other adults behave (which is to say, a lot of them are extremely childish and constantly make stupid decisions), but my body just feels so worn out and tired now.

Best age was when I was 18 ~ 22. I felt so much more active and youthful. But now, it feels like my body has aged 3x as fast since then. I'm not even prepared to know what life in the 30s and 40s will be like. :cry:

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm 12 years old and what is this.

(just kidding I'm a 30 year old Boomer)

4a9o9wob3hi11.jpg

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I got news for everyone. The actual definition of Millennial is someone who's a big fan of this show:

MillenniumShowFeat.jpg

Nelsin

Banned
I just realised that kids under 22 rarely go to gaming forums. Amazing and I here thought most people on Era and gaf are 17 to 25.

Nelsin

Banned
I'm 25.

And I''m going to be honest, I actually do feel really old at this age. Maybe it's because I've been in the workforce, maybe it's because I've seen how other adults behave (which is to say, a lot of them are extremely childish and constantly make stupid decisions), but my body just feels so worn out and tired now.

Best age was when I was 18 ~ 22. I felt so much more active and youthful. But now, it feels like my body has aged 3x as fast since then. I'm not even prepared to know what life in the 30s and 40s will be like. :cry:
If you make your age identify who you are then you gonna be sad for a long long time my friend.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Why you gotta pull me into this?
Because its a clever joke and i am milking it in every way possible?
Lol, I almost fell for it. I gotta remember this trick.
Darn it. :/
I only started using my brain recently, so that might explain my youthful prose.
I bet your wife's username would be Occam's Razor. ;)
I never see when you mention me in posts. lol. 1981
I didn't tag you either. :p

brap

Banned
Just because of the “new standardized” age groups, You don’t have to be your stereotype.

I’m born in a wierd part where GenX said I didn’t belong because I was too young and Millenials hate me because I’m too old. It’s like grade 6 over and over.
Yeah, I just wanted to make a dumb post lmao. I don't really fit in with my group either.

Dthomp

I need the cuspers option, since my birthday is only a few days into 1981, and I hate almost everything that millennials enjoy and do...

Domisto

I used todays definitions for the eras, but yes I remember when I was younger that everyone born between 1977 and 1980 were neither Gen X or Gen Y, and were kind of just left hanging in limbo.
I liked just hanging in limbo.

My limbo childhood had both rotary phones and mobile phones, typewriters and word processors, TV premieres of Marx Brothers movies and the good Star Wars trilogy, Defender and Tekken 3. Cusp is where it's at.

MacReady13

38 years old. Was here in the "heyday" of Gaf, when disagreeing with the hive mind got you an insta-banned, especially as a junior. Left for a long time until the change started, and i've been here for a while and really enjoying the far more relaxed site!

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
This to me is 'gen X'

b232013a21f4d96ac7e58c5c76ee6590

Which is why I dont really see myself as Gen-X born in 79.

To really be part of the 'Slacker Gen-X' culture you had to be, in my opinion, old enough to 'slack' 20-25 years old in 1992-1997.

So, like Ethan Hawke(born in '70) Wynona Ryder (born in 71) etc.. people from the movie, who were in that age range are what I would call true Gen-X.
Me being 15 in 1994 sure was nice, the music and lack of 'social media/cell phones' etc.. but I didnt have much to slack on. Aside from wearing thermals under flannel and failing Algebra II.

We are the limbo gen...a little slacker, a little tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacReady13

Its slowly worned out but the trick is to use it in new ways. Atleast until its fixed since its basically a buggy tag :)

Well it got me a beauty! Someone was telling ME to use cum bucket or something along those lines on the games side of the forum! I thought, why did they choose me to do that!!!

petran79

Banned
Gsus, you type like you are much younger.

Anyway's, guess how old [vis_name][/vis_name] is! ;)

I wish i was born in the 80's, but i am just outside of it, 1990.

Guessed right, 39.5 + 1 day. Enjoy your youth because at your age you are still excused for doing silly stuff

pr0cs

Born the same year as Hazzard4life Hazzard4life , a true gen-X

I remember
  • When the only way to play new and exciting new games was to go to the arcades
  • When anything above 28.8k modem was dreamland
  • When the sound of modems finally no longer hitting busy signal was the sound of victory
  • People who owned home consoles like pong and Vectrex were considered rich people
  • Want a new game, write it yourself
  • The best way to save money was to convert your single sided disks to double sided by cutting a notch in the other side
  • LOAD "*",8,1
  • Catalog
  • Guru meditation
  • When hard drives were less than 100 mb
  • When flat screen panels were insanely expensive
  • When hardware acceleration didn't exist (gpu)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I remember
  • When the sound of modems finally no longer hitting busy signal was the sound of victory
  • People who owned home consoles like pong and Vectrex were considered rich people
  • The best way to save money was to convert your single sided disks to double sided by cutting a notch in the other side
  • LOAD "*",8,1
  • Catalog
  • Guru meditation

You painted a great trip down memory lane.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m the Comte de Saint Germein. I was born in 1691, what is my generation called?

Redneckerz

Well it got me a beauty! Someone was telling ME to use cum bucket or something along those lines on the games side of the forum! I thought, why did they choose me to do that!!!
Its just a forced meme by some of the madass GAFfers here. Don't listen to them, they still cuddle their Tamagotchi's before they go to sleep. ;)

Guessed right, 39.5 + 1 day. Enjoy your youth because at your age you are still excused for doing silly stuff
I didn't guess anything :O

I am doing my part sir!

I remember
  • LOAD "*",8,1
  • Catalog
  • Guru meditation
So recognizable :) I wish i had an Amiga, but one day ill may accquire one, or a CD32 since that thing enables unprotected burned CD's to played with homebrew right out of the box.

I’m the Comte de Saint Germein. I was born in 1691, what is my generation called?
The Jean Thurel Generation. (Quite literally.)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The Jean Thurel Generation. (Quite literally.)
Ha! That hack whippersnapper. I’d rather not be associated with him thank you very much.

Haven’t liked him since the Chevalier de Seingalt and I drank some gin under Thurel’s chestnut tree. He claimed he himself imported it from England, but it tasted like the maid’s washbucket. Horrible aftertaste. So uncouth.

We still got randy though.

Redneckerz

Ha! That hack whippersnapper. I’d rather not be associated with him thank you very much.

Haven’t liked him since the Chevalier de Seingalt and I drank some gin under Thurel’s chestnut tree. He claimed he himself imported it from England, but it tasted like the maid’s washbucket. Horrible aftertaste. So uncouth.

We still got randy though.
What is not to like about an 88 year old refusing to go to the battlefields on a carriage and walking the distance himself?

But you are the GAF Troller Boss so i am not falling for it ;)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think a good rule of thumb is that if you could have had a kid who was a millennial, you're not a millennial.

I was born in 83, so one of the older ones. I witnessed the analog to digital switch when I was a teen, so I can understand Gen-X people a bit better than some later millennials, but I still came late enough in the game that the entirety of my of life has been absolutely constant total societal change. As a person I have been molded by the absolute necessity of constant adaptation to this ever-shifting digitizing and globalizing of society, and in relating to a coworker who is a late millennial at 23 years old, I think that is really the defining characteristic of our generation. Gen-X were already developed persons when it all started to shift and the generation after us who were born post-internet with an iphone in their hands have had a much more stable life experience.

Top Bottom