• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the Age Gap on Neogaf?

What Gen Were You Born

• Boomer 1940 -1964

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gen X 1965 - 1980

Votes: 92 34.3%
  • Millennial 1981-1996

Votes: 170 63.4%
  • Zoomer 1997 - 2005

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

Ichabod

Banned
I was today years old when I learned somehow I'm considered a millennial.
Welp, I guess I'll be heading to the grocery in the morning to stock up on avacadoes and garlic bread.

Rayderism

I'm 50, born in 1968. Will be 51 in a little over two months. Been a gamer since I was 6 when my dad bought me a Pong system.

So I'm an early Gen-X'er.....alrighty then.

Ten_Fold

26 here. Old enough to understand what it was like without internet an understand what it’s like to be on social media

Of all the gaps, discussing age gaps is slightly more interesting than discussion wage gaps, but way less interesting than discussing thigh gaps.

pr0cs

The thing with Pong though is that in the mid 70s, there were like dozens of generic Pong consoles.
Well here in Canada they were relatively scarse, though even for me born in '72 I only played one once.
The Vectrex, odyssey, colecovision, intellivision were a lot more popular in my groups of friends but my family never owned one, no matter how much begging I did.

Airola

Gsus, you type like you are much younger.

Anyway's, guess how old [vis_name][/vis_name] is! ;)

I wish i was born in the 80's, but i am just outside of it, 1990.

This is like missing a call from someone, then calling back and the caller saying "oh sorry, yeah I accidentally called you"

Always stings a bit the rotten core of ego.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
This is like missing a call from someone, then calling back and the caller saying "oh sorry, yeah I accidentally called you"

Always stings a bit the rotten core of ego.
[vis_name][/vis_name] is innocent. Honestly! Ask people!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
39 years old

I’ve seen 4 decades roll over already. Madness.

I don’t ‘feel’ 40 in that I’ve never had a health problem, feel mildly less flexible and alcohol is something that makes me fat now apparently (god damnit).

Other than that, this being old business is not too shabby

Melubas

32 here, turning 33 this year. Growing older is actually amazing, I can do whatever the hell I want and no one cares.

lock2k

Banned
I was born in 1983, so I'm 35 (36 in May).

I do not consider myself to be a millennial. Not for the bastardization of the word/term, but because I was among my brother and his friends all the time and I saw grunge being born, started to play guitar when I was 8 (when Nirvana became huge), I was heavily into Beavis and Butt-Head, grunge and largely into whatever my older friends and brother were into. I transitioned to the digital world with them. I'm Gen X at heart, my wife is a true millennial and my daughter is an alpha (born in 14).

Strangely enough, I get along with several Gen Z folks.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Born 86

God, I hate “Millennial”. I am not one of those zombies.

Btw. What comes after Gen”Z”

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
32 here, turning 33 this year. Growing older is actually amazing, I can do whatever the hell I want and no one cares.
tenor.gif

JordanN

Banned
I wont lie. The only thing I look forward to growing older is finally owning my own house.

There is no greater feeling than being able to set your own rules.

Just a damn shame I would have to move really far for it to happen, since all the houses in my area have skyrocketed in price.

Last edited:

Melubas

I wont lie. The only thing I look forward to growing older is finally owning my own house.

There is no greater feeling than being able to set your own rules.

Just a damn shame I would have to move really far for it to happen, since all the houses in my area have skyrocketed in price.

Yeah it kind of sucks that the housing market nowadays is pretty much centered around that you're never going to be able to pay off your mortgage on a normal salary. I still rent my apartment since I'm scared of being indebted for that much to a bank, even though I could get a loan to buy a place.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Almost 42 here.

I Never label people based on when they were born or any other metric (race, ethnicity, birthpace, gender?).

Just take every individual for the asshole they truly are.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Equinox of 1989, so....late Millenial?

I prefer the Y Generation name really.

Despite being born in '89 I feel like I have pure 80s nostaglia in Music.

Only got a Smartphone in 2016 as I had no clue on how Contracts worked! (Had a rich friend on one since 2005).

I probably act more like a Generation X than a Millenial to be honest.

Redneckerz Redneckerz : Damn man are you stalking me! XD (I know I mentioned my age somewhere)

Oops...damn transcript!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
turning 38 this year. guess i am a millenial, i used Friendster and Myspace pretty hardcore when i was in my late teens early 20s dating and going out to shows and stuff.

that said, i never had a cell phone w internet until well after college. i think my growing up has been different from kids that were born in the 90s and had phones in school and were on the internet with their friends and enemies. i didn't have to deal w any of that, thank god.

life is getting better and better. if i could go back in time 20 years and tell myself the future will be all the movies music pr0n you can get for free instantly on the internet plus yoga pants my teenage self would well approve.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
that said, i never had a cell phone w internet until well after college. i think my growing up has been different from kids that were born in the 90s and had phones in school and were on the internet with their friends and enemies. i didn't have to deal w any of that, thank god.

Yep. I turned 40 a couple months ago and didn’t have a smart phone until 2 years after finishing my Ph D. iPhone 4s in 2011 was my first. I just had a hard time justifying the cost of the phone and data plan when so much if my time was near a computer and WiFi.

Top Bottom