• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best game you didn't finish?

scydrex

Right now i remember Demon Soul. In the last boss i said go to hell. Will play Demon Soul Remake and finish it of course. Also haven´t finish Fallout 4. The loading, pop in, LOD mostly is very bad in Fallout 4.

Kdad

You mean the Remake or the original?

As for me the first that comes to mind and one i'm the most "ashamed" is Xenoblade Chronicles X.I got sidetracked by other games and "paused" it at around 15 hours or so in to it.
Now i need to restart it when i decide to replay it.
And another one i'm ashamed of leaving it half-finished is Valkyria Chronicles 4. Incredible game and i think i stopped around halfway through due to getting sidetracked (again) by other games. Another one i need to restart.
And finally Valkyrie Profile (on PSP).Great game but its systems felt very confusing and cryptic so i ended up getting stuck in the final dungeon.If i ever replay it i'm going to use a guide this time.
OG version.

I just gave my unopened PS Classic to my 24 year old daughter...she started playing FF VII last night :) ... hope she finishes it!

Arturo_Morgan

Neo Member
Silent Hill 2.

I love it, but the game crashed and corrupted the memory card save just before ending the game. I was so frustrated that I didn't try again.

15 years have passed since that, at some point I will try again.

Pantz

Gold Member
Grand Theft Auto 5. Played it a little on 360, a little on PS4 Pro, a little on PC, a little on Xbox One X, never got all that far. Ready to buy it for a 5th time and play that next-gen version.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Sekiro. Had no problem finishing all Souls-games and Bloodborne, but with this game my frustration just went through the roof. Sold it and never liked back. Probably not for me.

regawdless

Banned
Sekiro. Had no problem finishing all Souls-games and Bloodborne, but with this game my frustration just went through the roof. Sold it and never liked back. Probably not for me.

How far did you get? I played up to the monkey temple and stopped. Love the Souls games and Bloodborne, Sekiro wasn't for me though.
Running around with modded cool swords and a stupid skull as a head was cool though. (PC with mods)

iQuasarLV

Witcher 3. Never touched Skeligah (sp?) past the story line, or got to purchasing Blood and Wine. After 600 hours and 9 months I just had my fill I guess.

Bloodborne.
I liked the start of the game, but later on when the red moon happens it just got tedious, and I hated every minute of playing it.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
How far did you get? I played up to the monkey temple and stopped. Love the Souls games and Bloodborne, Sekiro wasn't for me though.
Running around with modded cool swords and a stupid skull as a head was cool though. (PC with mods)
The ape. That was it for me. I should have dropped the game earlier, since I really didn't enjoy it long before that.

ThirdC

Horizon Zero Dawn:
After 30+ hours I stopped playing. It was no more fun for me.

Jedi Fallen Order:
Dropped it after 10 hours. I think this type of games just isn’t for me

The elder scrolls: Oblivion
Stopped after 80+ hours. Because this is the way I do it with every Bethesda game 😁

Catphish

The internet isn't big enough for my list :(

But the one currently on my mind is Control. It's a quality game, and one I feel guilty about not completing, but the respawning enemies and relentlessly creepy environments are just too much. I made it as far as Mold-1 and had to take a break. That was a couple of months ago. I doubt I'm going back to it now.

royox

Witcher and Witcher 2. The story looks interesting but the gameplay is the shittiest shit i ever put on my fingers.

Xenogears. Accidentally overwrote a save so I had to restart like half of the game. Got close to the end the second time, but by that point I think I was a bit burnt out and never finished it.
DMC3. Just too fucking hard at NA launch, which had a harder difficulty than it does now in the Special Edition.
FFXII up until last year when I finally replayed and finished it.

Oh right, DQXI is a recent one. Loved every minute of it but I got caught up in something else. Definitely going back to it someday.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy IX & Hotline Miami 2.

I got stuck on the World Map on disc 3,couldbt figure out where to go and kept dying before I could reach another town. This was when I was a kid on PSX so I'm gonna replay it on PC with mods once I finish the infuriating FFVIII.

Hotline Miami 2, I just simply got stuck in one of the later, brutal levels & after about 100 restarts, just lost motivation. I need to restart it from scratch one day as I adore both games & feel like I owe it to myself to finish the sequel.

Meowzers

Arkham Knight for me. Think there was this rooftop fight near the end and I couldn't defeat them all. I did rage quit indeed.

Controller kissed the wall.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Sekiro I guess, even though my following text perhaps would suggest it's a unbalanced game.. Anyway, I think I got 2/3 through (after being patient beyond the usual..) before I found it a to be a waste of my time. The Souls' games I finished like a breeze, but Sekiro was like a..brick wall.. I understand that there's a handful of special people in the world thinking that this is the perfect difficulty level, but for most people this game doesn't make any sense progression-wise. I don't get it, why did the developer make a game like this, Dark Souls' games was basically perfect, and for the most part accessible for most people through a little bit of optional grinding, but Sekiro felt more like a punishment rather than a challenge.

The Witness...

... because I'm fucking stupid.

Don't have to be stupid to not finish this game, that's for sure. The puzzles are so depressing and unfunny that I cannot believe I tortured myself to finish the game..

Last edited:
The internet isn't big enough for my list :(

But the one currently on my mind is Control. It's a quality game, and one I feel guilty about not completing, but the respawning enemies and relentlessly creepy environments are just too much. I made it as far as Mold-1 and had to take a break. That was a couple of months ago. I doubt I'm going back to it now.

I finished it yesterday. Still have no idea what the fuck was going on. It's a very good game, though. I initially quit the game early as it's a slow starter. Glad I went back and gave it another shot.

Jokerevo

Banned
Ditto, I love everything FromSoftware except Sekiro. Love the concept and story but without being able to make builds like the Souls series, it got really old quickl!
Same here. No fashion, limited weapons, no build variety...i get what FROM where trying to do but it was all too bland.

Fuz

Banned
Sekiro.

Killed everything else except last boss. I just logged out in front of that little door and never logged back in. Just didn't want to learn 4 phases.

DOSS216

Death Stranding. I really tried to finish it I was so invested in the world and characters but the gameplay and cutscene bombardment really put me of.

Aurelius

Demons Souls. My launch PS3 broke and I couldn’t recover the save file. I had even imported a copy from Hong Kong.

looking forward to a second chance on PS5.

Most games I don't finish. The question might as well be which games have you finished. I lose interest after about 30 hours, regardless of the game. The shiny new game always tempts me away.

To answer the question, I guess the Witcher 3, BOTW and RDR2.

zaanan

Banned
cvrWDAb.jpg

Descent 1 and 3 were my jam, never could finish this one though.

penguininthesun

Neo Member
Bloodborne. I think I got up to the spider boss, and then bought the DLC when it went on sale. It was way too hard for me...I got sidetracked and lost interest in the game. Now I can’t remember what I was supposed to be doing in the game.

fatty

Two that come to mind are from the Gamecube era. Wind Waker and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Wind Waker - My backlog is horrible but for the most part I have played through most of the console Zeldas. I still haven't played Skyward Sword and I'm currently working through BotW (just got done beating the fourth Ancient) but I've finished the others except Wind Waker. I will revisit it again on the Wii U but hoping they put it out on Switch as that is what I have currently hooked up.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - I've been holding off on the Metroid Prime Trilogy remake for the Switch. Fingers are still crossed.

Edit:
Majora's Mask.

I missed this one as well. Need to play it.

Last edited:

itsArtie

GTA San Andreas, RDR2, Witcher 3 and 100+ of other open world games. I get so hooked in the beginning and don't wanna rush the story so I spend 20 hours on side quests and then I get interested in another game. and now I'm either too lazy to go back to these and finish them or I forgot some parts of the story and would need to replay them.

tassletine

Dark Souls 1. Played it through 4 times and love the first 2/3 but the last part of the game is dull and badly designed.
It's still one of my favourite games of all time.

Alebrije

The Witcher 3 ...I have been playing it since 2018.....maybe is because play all side missions and all DLCs.
...hope someday end it....

Last edited:

dorkimoe

No mans sky. Didnt play until after that big update a year back. Games so good. But I barely scratched the surface.

Top Bottom