• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best gaming mouse in 2021?

So what are some of the best gaming mouse out now? What are you guys using now and what you didn't mouse you didn't like before? Is there a clear winner? Does Logitech still make the best ones? I've been out of the PC gaming for awhile and kinda jumping back to it. I have the Deathadder, but it's just ok. It feels little cheap.

twilo99

I have the razer viper ultimate and its the best mouse I've used thus far. Its very precise and light.

I just got an artisian ninja FX pad for it.. it feels amazing.

The Logitech PRO X SUPERLIGHT looks very good as well.

A.Romero

I did some research last year and ended up getting the G502 Hero by Logitech. I wouldn't say it's the best available but it was the best within a reasonable price range (for me) and available in my country (not in the US). I do have some complaints about Logitech and the way they handle some stuff but the mouse has been pretty good. Would recommend.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
kBIbsLI.jpg

Rathalos

Banned
I recently bought the Glorious Model O wireless and I'm very happy with it, I've wanted to go wireless for awhile and I'm glad I did. 30 minutes to charge for 3 days usage and you can use it while it charges. The software is super simple and just works, which is very refreshing coming from a Logitech G403 with it's bloated software.

dARCAFW.jpg

twilo99

I got the logitech g pro wireless and it's great, flawless sensor, lightweight, wireless with no input lag.

Seems like a solid choice. You like the size? I think it might be too small for me.

I had logitech mice for years, they are very well made. My G502 was probably the best in terms of quality.

Seems like a solid choice. You like the size? I think it might be too small for me.

I had logitech mice for years, they are very well made. My G502 was probably the best in terms of quality.

I've been looking at the g502. It looks like the price went way down on it. Though i wonder why that is.

I recently bought the Glorious Model O wireless and I'm very happy with it, I've wanted to go wireless for awhile and I'm glad I did. 30 minutes to charge for 3 days usage and you can use it while it charges. The software is super simple and just works, which is very refreshing coming from a Logitech G403 with it's bloated software.

dARCAFW.jpg

That looks like the Razor Deathadder with holes in terms of shape.

GametimeUK

I can say I love my Logitech G Pro wireless mouse. My mousemat charges the mouse so no need to ever put the cable in it. I haven't really used any other notable gaming mouse.

SoraNoKuni

Yeah, I replaced my corsair m65 pro with it and the size seems perfect, I don't really think it's that small and I have pretty long fingers(slim though).

It really amazed me with how light it was, it's also surprisingly solid built given how light it felt.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
I still rock a Razer Deathadder and a Logiteh G403. I love both, with a slight preference for the Logitech because it feels a bit better in my hand, as I don't love the shape of the Razer on the right side because it spreads my ring finger and pinky a bit oo far away from a neutral position, and that feels a bit weird.

Last edited:

twilo99

dARCAFW.jpg

That's glorious. Very light too. How do you like the switches?

Rathalos

Banned
That's glorious. Very light too. How do you like the switches?

No issues, it uses the Omron D2FC-F-7N which are solid. The mouse is extremely light, I love the honeycomb design and the RGB is fully customisable if that's something that's important to you. I would definitely recommend it at £90. The software is really good too, you can customise the lift off distance, DPI, pooling rate, RGB and see the battery % all from a very simple UI.

Aiming in shooters is definitely smoother than with my Logitech G403, which I also liked.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm still using and liking my logitech G400s. If that breaks then I'll probably give the new MX518 a try.

dcx4610

There's no answer. All gaming mice having accurate sensors. It comes down to brand preference, design, how many buttons you want and most importantly, how you grip your mouse.

Mice are like pillows to me. Everyone is completely different and I go through a ton before I find the right one. I personally like mice with minimal buttons and a curved spot for my thumb. I'd head to a Best Buy. They have a lot of different brands on display that you can try. You really can't go wrong with Logitech, Corsair, Razer, SteelSeries or any of the top brands. Just find the one that feels the best to you.

It might just be my hands, but the Logitech G502 mouse gave me arthritis lol. I'm partial to the Razer brand. I used a deathadder mouse for years with no issues. When I finally needed a new mouse I thought I would try something different and got a Logitech mouse, but regretted my decision. So after ditching the G502 and going back to Razer I haven't had any more issues thankfully.

longdi

Banned
for gaming + productivity, imo razer basilisk v2 wired or wireless if you are feeling rich.

it has a paddle that will double up your button options, sorta like a shift key.

for example you have click as LMB, LMB + paddle you can map to say mute.

Last edited:

Merkades

I recently bought the Razer Naga Pro because I liked the idea of having either 2, 6, or 12 thumb buttons at will. I have not tried the 12 yet as my MMO of choice is still years out, but I like the 2 and 6 variants. I mostly wanted them for playing Diablo type games but I find I use them for Outriders too. It was a lot bigger and heavier than my Logitech g900? (incidentally, it is the mouse pictured right above my post) though not too hard to get used to. If the MMO part ends up not being for me, maybe next time I will just look for a better 6 button variant.

longdi

Banned
I recently bought the Razer Naga Pro because I liked the idea of having either 2, 6, or 12 thumb buttons at will. I have not tried the 12 yet as my MMO of choice is still years out, but I like the 2 and 6 variants. I mostly wanted them for playing Diablo type games but I find I use them for Outriders too. It was a lot bigger and heavier than my Logitech g900? (incidentally, it is the mouse pictured right above my post) though not too hard to get used to. If the MMO part ends up not being for me, maybe next time I will just look for a better 6 button variant.

if weight is holding you down, try out razer basilisk v2. it has a hypershift paddle, that gives you up to around 20 assignable buttons.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I got the logitech g pro wireless and it's great, flawless sensor, lightweight, wireless with no input lag.

This is what I use as well. Really like it.

I actually use two mice lol. The G Pro wireless for gaming and a MX Anywhere for general desktop use. The battery for the MX Anywhere is great.

GMAK2442

I can say it depend: some use a mouse for games only and others for desktop too.

This said, I think a mouse, for a user of games and desktop, need some more buttons at least. I got a lot of buttons but I am special if I can say.

Last edited:
I can say it depend: some use a mouse for games only and others for desktop too.

This said, I think a mouse, for a user of games and desktop, need some more buttons at least. I got a lot of buttons but I am special if I can say.

yeah, a nice, larger ergo where you can rest your hand on is great for 8 hour of work. After, an ultralight with snappy buttons is for gaming.

There are alot of great mice now, the Model O's and D. Viper Mini. Xtrfy M4 and M42. G-Wolves Skool Mini. Roccat Kone Pure Ultra is one of my favourites - 66 grams. Endgame XM1.

I like my mice smaller, 120 mm max to around 116mm, with a nice hump in the back to accomodate your palm. The front no too low. The back i like it a bit on the wider side.

Everyone needs to find what shape and weight, how the buttons feel for them.

Hydelol

Banned
Logitech MX518:

91YmmYMH40L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cheap, holds forever and feels okay. Never will I buy a "gaming" mouse again when the left mouse button always breaks after max 1 year.

Logitech MX518:

91YmmYMH40L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cheap, holds forever and feels okay. Never will I buy a "gaming" mouse again when the left mouse button always breaks after max 1 year.

this is trash tier by todays standards. Every one of these older models like this one or the microsoft one are below the sea level nowadays, no reason to remain fixated. Folks can look at rocket jump ninja-s top, just to see some different brands, maybe not as well known as logitech or razer, but who's products may be better for some

Södy

The Intellimouse is the most comfortable mouse ever made and Microsoft has remade it with the Intellimouse Pro so I recommend that.

21aa8f01-515c-4f25-98ca-6cd1a9996b6d_1.873f9b7c2deb80ff6cc2a5406ffd2f60.jpeg

Got this a few months ago when my G402 broke. Looks cool and after a short adjustment time it is indeed an amazing mouse, especially for the price!

Dr.D00p

Just don't get a Corsair mouse, their build quality has gone to absolute shit in the last few years.

I'm currently using the HyperX Pulsefire Surge with no complaints at all.

dARCAFW.jpg
Was that designed by Elton John or Liberace?

twilo99

What does everyone use for testing?

I've found that the best way to test a mouse is by playing a fast paced FPS like Quake for example. The viper does exceptionally well in quake, and I also play the some warzone/modern warfare, which is much slower, but it still requires good mouse control. The other game that is probably very good is CS:GO, but I haven't played in years.

I keep the lights off, makes it look nice and stealthy.

OPkTqCp.jpg

No issues, it uses the Omron D2FC-F-7N which are solid. The mouse is extremely light, I love the honeycomb design and the RGB is fully customisable if that's something that's important to you. I would definitely recommend it at £90. The software is really good too, you can customise the lift off distance, DPI, pooling rate, RGB and see the battery % all from a very simple UI.

Aiming in shooters is definitely smoother than with my Logitech G403, which I also liked.

It looks really nice. Good to know the software is good as well, the razer software is really bloated.. it does the job but it really doesn't need to be so intrusive.

I've heard mixed reviews on some of the Omron switches, that's why I ask.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Banned
It looks really nice. Good to know the software is good as well, the razer software is really bloated.. it does the job but it really doesn't need to be so intrusive.

I've heard mixed reviews on some of the Omron switches, that's why I ask.

I just got their mousepad too today and it has taken the mouse to the next level, it tracks absolutely perfectly. It was really bad on my old, worn out hard pad, it was almost perfect on a new hard/rough pad but on their pad it's 100%.

twilo99

That looks really fast.. you play on low sens?

I like the artisian pads because of the stopping power it gives since I use higher sens I need that.

Top Bottom