• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the current GAF membership in comparison to how it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0racle

I tried to keep my head clean and did not dig too deep into what happened the past week or two. I just want to enjoy my time here as I have for years.

but the main message board is downright DEAD. I have never seen anything like it. its to the point that I almost need to start branching out to other sources simply because gaf cant fill the void. Is there a way to see how many people are online at any given point?

Linkin112

Minus 25,000 give or take as that's how much users ResetEra currently has. That's not even including however many people are waiting for account approvals too.

Ecotic

In terms of active users, Neogaf is probably down to 20% of what it used to be. The Off Topic and especially the OT Community forums are nearly dead. You have to understand the 200,000 number includes everyone who ever signed up, and later quit coming or were banned.

Minus 25,000 give or take as that's how much users ResetEra currently has. That's not even including however many people are waiting for account approvals too.

It's not remotely that black and white as lots are having an account both there and here .

Valonquar

Made an account over there, but I dunno, something about it just feels off...like maybe all the snowflakes leaving is a good thing?

IISANDERII

Smaller forums can be great too for different reasons.

I fondly remember my time at Q23 and still lurk occasionally.

Zalusithix

Better not make it clear that you have both because if the wrong admin hears about it you're gonna be banned on there.

Thousands of people have an account on both forums. The vast majority of the community did not spam GAF with account suicide attempts. They just left quietly. Some will continue to use their GAF account, some will let it fall dormant forever, and others will hold on to it in an attempt to hedge their bets on the future. Simply having an account on both though will not get you banned over there. Whatever your issue was, it was obviously more than just having an account here.

Blam

Thousands of people have an account on both forums. The vast majority of the community did not spam GAF with account suicide attempts. They just left quietly. Some will continue to use their GAF account, some will let it fall dormant forever, and others will hold on to it in an attempt to hedge their bets on the future. Simply having an account on both though will not get you banned over there. Whatever your issue was, it was obviously more than just having an account here.

See as much as you try to make it seem like it's not the case it literally was the case. Once I get home ('round an hour. I'll post it somewhere here or on medium or someshit).

Mikey Jr.

The counter on the other site isn't accurate. It's probably closer to 30,000+
It had 22,000 when the counter was at 17K.

Yeah, to see the real count, go to the main page and click on the name of the last person approved.

The check their profile, and in the address bar, it will show the real number. They are at 29k plus.

I post on both forums, but I spend 90% of my time there. My OT community went there, and the original one here is literally a ghost town. There will be like 1 post a day.

Neogaf is generally pretty dead right now. Doesn't take a genius to tell you that. Just look at the front gaming page. Biggest example is the Mario OT. One of the biggest games of the year. Roughly 1000 posts here vs 7000 posts there.

Like, people still post threads about new news a bit later. But it takes a while for them to actually start getting responses.

And like I said, whole communities are just gone.

I don't hate neogaf. I've been here since 2008, probably even longer since membership took a really long time for me. I'd like both forums to thrive. But as it stands right now, the community clearly went somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom