• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the main issue with regards to multiplayer? Single player gamers wanted...

Honestly, it’s just not what it used to be. I miss the simplicity of CoD 4. There weren’t 50 different kill streaks or perks. The guns all made sense and it was just all out fun. The shit just got overwhelming and boring once you played someone who was so good that you couldn’t enjoy the experience. String together 3 or 4 kill streaks and the game was over.

Then I got really heavy into battlefield and it’s sorta heading the same direction so I found myself back to enjoying single-player games. Plus my friends and I all got older and have families now so it really limits the time you have to play video games.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm not competetive like that. Mario Kart 8 online is fun and about as far as I go. I do like co-op stuff though. Destiny was real fun but I didn't play too much. PSO was a blast. It's shooters that I don't care for.

Dthomp

Simple answer? It's not fun.

Single player gamers want deep or entertaining stories and experiences. PVP is just shooting things, there is no story, there is no character, it's just the same thing over and over again. Only PVP games I play are Destiny/Destiny 2, and that was after a year of playing Destiny without playing PVP. I still would much rather sit down with a great long RPG, Story driven game, but too many devs are focused on forcing multiplayer in.

It might be hard to believe, but people like different things, I prefer to play games alone/single player, same as the guy who only wants to play COD/Fornite only.

Top Bottom