• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the Mysterious Vanillaware Fantasy Project?

SinDelta

There are many games in development or being very strongly hinted at. Easter eggs like Alan Wake stuff in Control, a map of a section of the Elder Scrolls world in the cockpit seen in Star Field. Even the Division 2 had posters for a Norse play, hinting at Assassins Creed Valhalla.

What I am most looking forward to is whatever it is Vanillaware is doing. They seem to be working on something fantasy themed, a return to their main genre after the Sci-Fi Epic 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim. A remaster of Muramasa The Demon Blade or Grimgrimoire in the vein of Dragons Crown Pro or Odin Sphere Leifthrasir would be nice, but this definitely has my interest.

Edit - @Danjin44

Note - Also on tangent think god I never googled Leifthrasir before finishing Odin Sphere.

Dated from 2019 -

Before 13 Sentinels Released Vanillaware was hiring for a separate project.

Last edited:

SinDelta

What was that one 2D RPG shown at the Direct today? I thought that it looked very Vanillaware.
What is it named? Soul like is a term now, but I would love to see Vanillaware-like become a thing.

Edit - No, the info in the OP has nothing to do with E3. This info is rather dated, and it has been some time since the latest anything. I just wonder when we will be seeing more of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom