• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the one exclusive game that could make you purchase a PS5/XsX respectively on day one?

Vawn

Banned
There's a ton. PS5 and any Nintendo consoles are already day one for me, so we're talking Xbox.

If Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Persona, any From game or many other third-party games turned into Xbox exclusives I'd buy one. None of that is likely to ever happen though.

Microsoft could get a new high-quality JRPG. Or make a sequel to Lost Odyssey and I'd get one day one. I'll likely get one near launch anyway as long as there is at least one game I want to play that isn't on PS5 (Halo, Gears, Forza I have absolutely zero interest in).

Pizdetz

Banned
Bloodborne made me buy a PS4. So for ps5 bloodborne 2.

For Xbox if they somehow secured exclusivity to DMC6.

I'm probably going with ps5 at the start of the gen, and then building a new PC or series x2 mid gen.

Discusguy

Nothing on PS5 that I know about now that LOU2 is basically dead for me.

Always been a Halo fan but Halo 5 killed my enthusiasm. Master Chief should never share screen time with anyone. Plus side they were smart enough not to kill Master Chief. If Halo 6 delivers, I’ll be there Day 1

I plan on buying both day one, but if I had to pick ONE game that I am most excited to play and is possible for launch I gotta go Halo: Infinite for XsX and HZD2 for PS5. I know HZD2 isn't confirmed for any release timetable but I just have this hope it will be a launch title.

NahaNago

Right now a new Onimusha or mega man legends. I think I've gotten most of the games I wanted this gen like ff7 , tony hawk, and digimon world. A shin megami tensei digital devil game would also get me to buy a console day one as well.

Sethbacca

It simply needs to exist. I've held off on a PS4 Pro for a few years now and even just to make my current games better would be an improvement. The fact that other games are also coming is the icing on the cake.

Jakk

I'm probably getting a PS5 day one. If R* said they are now developing exclusively for Series X, I would buy the Series X. I know this won't happen and the next GTA won't even be a launch title, but this is what it would take for me to choose a different console.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
For exclusives, Halo would be that game for me 100%, but it’ll be on XOX anyway, so it’s not. In the 3rd party space, Starfield would make a next gen console a must buy. Batman as well.

Oddspeak

Well, I'm getting a PS5 on day one regardless because I've been on a base PS4 since November 2013 and I want to move on already.

I'm already considering a XSX eventually too, but I'd fast-track that purchase if Scalebound came back, this time with Platinum being allowed to make the game they want to make. But with their search for more independence and funding, it may come back as a multi-platform game anyway.

I'm buying both day one, but if I was hesitant any Sony first party title other than Spiderman, and for Xbox Hellblade 2 would be an instant buy for me.

Shining Force 4

honestly i dont know why theyre not using Valkyria chronicles as a foundation for it. im not saying make it identical to VC, but theres a lot of elements you can pull from it and improve.

i swear if i had any bit of time to program and design a "spiritual successor" to the shining force series thats the game id put out as an indie dev.

Last edited:

justAjohn

New Tenchu or some Ivalice alliance game. I usually wait for the same money value of the games I want to play appear on the console as the price of the console, but these would do it.

GymWolf

Any decent exclusive game from a genre that i like.

I love that day one console purchase magic so they don't have to put a 10/10 game in front of me to make me buy the console.

I bought ps4 with that fucking kz shadowfall ffs :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Prey 2, but I'll be pissed that I can't play with keyboard and mouse.
Also I wouldn't really buy a console on day one, because I'm not risking those day one hardware issues.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I know the original bioshock was Xbox exclusive for a while. It made me get a 360. If the next one was exclusive for either platform it would make me think about a purchase.

Hostile_18

Banned
I think any of my favourite franchises would make me get the rival console (but not Nintendo because of the third party games).

-Bioshock
-Uncharted/Last of Us
- Deadly Premonition
- Alpha Protocol 2
- The Witcher 4
- Silent Hill
- Soul Reaver
-Days Gone
- God of War
- Deus Ex: Remake or HD
-Alan Wake 2

Also licenced properties of my favourite tv shows X-Files, Buffy, Angel, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, 24, MCU etc.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Bloodborne 2 would do it, or a Sekiro 2. I doubt the latter would be exclusive, though.

tbh I think I might skip next-gen, or just get into it after the first several years. They've barely showed off any games for either system and they're supposed to be launching in 6 months.

Vawn

Banned
Bloodborne 2 would do it, or a Sekiro 2. I doubt the latter would be exclusive, though.

tbh I think I might skip next-gen, or just get into it after the first several years. They've barely showed off any games for either system and they're supposed to be launching in 6 months.

June. I think we will see a ton next month.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
June. I think we will see a ton next month.
Sure. I have no doubt we'll see a lot, but it'll be filtered through media outlets and wuhan lockdowns.

I guess let me be more specific: the amount of hands-on time with the real controller playing real launch-window games on a real system is basically nothing (outside of internal employees mostly). So even if Sony and Microsoft drop a huge list of bombshells, all of that hands-on time still needs to be crunched into a very small window.

Xbox sx- halo6,forza,k.i 2020,perfect dark,Conkor, ascent,bright.

Ps5- ff16, ff7r 2, persona 6, guilty gear rev 3, a real gt7, dq12, monster hunter next, ni no kuni 3,

As it looks like right now I’m getting the Xbox first

Last edited:

Barlow

Since I'm swapping from PS4 to XSX as my main console, it'll be HZD 2.

Maybe it'll change when we see new announcements

Top Bottom