• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is up with Battle.Net aka 16 min wait for Hearthstone login?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
screenshot_2015-01-02a1ulj.png

Maintenance? Server problems? Are they being DDOS'd? Should we all be worried ala XBL/PSN?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just tried to play this game for the first time on my Nexus 9. Same fucking issue. Blizzard fills their games with garbage micro transactions these days, at least use that money for more servers.

Feichaw

It's the first time I'm seeing something like this. I never had a problem to find a game, whenever I wanted.

Vanillalite

I just wanna know if it's down because something broke or if something else is a foot.

Normally I'd say just B.Net breaking, but with all of the shit lately I'm left wondering.

BlizzardCS just saying they know of the issue, but no deets.

GoodlifeX

The Battle.net message I got said they are experiencing server issues and investigating. Lizard Squad trying to take me away from my electronics again?

Same problem with Diablo 3. First time I've seen login queues since it launched. Probably some issue with their Bnet login servers.

Just tried to play this game for the first time on my Nexus 9. Same fucking issue. Blizzard fills their games with garbage micro transactions these days, at least use that money for more servers.

This is all it takes for you to start flipping your shit?

What? lol

It's literally the second time in over a year of playing where I've had unexpected issues like this. The game is great though.

GoodlifeX

Same problem with Diablo 3. First time I've seen login queues since it launched. Probably some issue with their Bnet login servers.

This is all it takes for you to start flipping your shit?

Dude, this is the first time playing on his Nexus 9. This isn't a fucking joke. Screw Blizzard!

Vanillalite

Dude, this is the first time playing on his Nexus 9. This isn't a fucking joke. Screw Blizzard!

While the post was flippant downloading a game and having your first experience be unable to login is never gonna leave a good first impression.

Queue isn't just for Hearthstone. Battle.net also has a ~26 minute queue to get in to any game. I don't think anythings going on in wow raid/patch wise, dunno what could be causing it.

GoodlifeX

The fact that they are "investigating" it makes me lean on an the attack scenario being more likely. It's not Tuesday maintenance and there were not any patches I'm aware of atm.

Vanillalite

The fact that they are "investigating" it makes me lean on an the attack scenario being more likely. It's not Tuesday maintenance and there were not any patches I'm aware of atm.

Well back in the early days B.Net shit the bed all the time. Still that was then, and this is now.

Usually its good unless it's patch day or new game launch.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got 22 minutes on my end :(

Last time this happened on my end was when they got DDoS'd

Syf

Banned
Yeah that sounds like it's an attack then. I'll be sure not to log out lol, no lag in Heroes.. yet.

Wozman23

My battle.net account was locked yesterday due to suspicious activity. I only got an account for Diablo Ultimate Evil on PS4 and set it up with my generic, least secure password that's probably floating around in the internet ether from one hack or another.

Didn't see any mention of any other widespread issues.

MisterM

Been playing WoW a lot the last couple of days without issue. Although the last time I logged in was 3 hours ago, smells like a DDoS to me

There is a note on all of their games log in that they are experiencing 'issues'. It's almost certainly a DDOS because I've never ever EVER had a log in queue just from trying to use the B.net launcher.

Top Bottom