• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Favorite Game or Series, Currently?

Tschumi

Currently?

Persona
Pillars of Eternity
Gran Turismo

My favorite of all time is world of warcraft, though I don't play it anymore
I could never bring myself to say that, but it probably is for me too if this was all-time.. Just ruined way too many grades throughout my schooling for me to give it that satisfaction :p

All time fav game is final fantasy 6. Favorite series is metroid.

Currently though fav game is persona 5 royal and franchise I'm not really sure tbh

Persona 4 Golden is, in a fair number of ways, superior.. at least it has a bit more content in terms of school stuff etc.. anyway to my mind p4g is currently the best in the series... So, I'll just say, to my mind you can feel comfortable saying you like persona as a franchise :p

No doubt p5 is more modern and has nice new elements, i love the pants off p5, but yeah p4 is just that wee bit better in a few areas, imo. It's a little - hardly noticeable - slower, too, so you don't level up quite as easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beardsalt

My avatar says it all: Soulsborne series

I‘ve put more hours into these games then even all the Final Fantasys’ combined(Second favorite)

My enthusiasm for these games began with my love for King Field(From Software) back on PS1!

Laptop1991

Going by the amount of hours i spent in these games,
5 to 10 years ago and before, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout,
In the last 3 years or so the newer Assassin Creed's from Origin's onwards, and also the Dishonored series from 2012 until Death of the Outsider.

Tschumi

Now that Metal Gear is dead, Yakua holds the crown. Special shout out to Hot Shots/Everbody's Golf (though I'm thinking it might be dead).
Everybody's Golf was a warm hug on my Vita when I spent some time in hospital a few years back, great stuff~

bender

What time is it?
Everybody's Golf was a warm hug on my Vita when I spent some time in hospital a few years back, great stuff~

It's a great iteration of the series, but I think it peaked on the PSP. The PS4 game, while good, is a really bizarre product.

TheSweeper

The Mass Effect trilogy will always hold a special place in my heart.
The Witcher 3 is another favourite and I loved the recent Assassin's Creed Games.

Tschumi

It's a great iteration of the series, but I think it peaked on the PSP. The PS4 game, while good, is a really bizarre product.
actually i noobishly bought the psp version from the ps store before, months later, finding the vita version on the same store :p so i have tried psp... i did like it very much, i can't lie tho i enjoyed the graphical leap a bit~

bender

What time is it?
actually i noobishly bought the psp version from the ps store before, months later, finding the vita version on the same store :p so i have tried psp... i did like it very much, i can't lie tho i enjoyed the graphical leap a bit~

The daily tournaments are great on the Vita/PS3. I just like the courses and collectables more on the PSP versions. That's one hell of a good accident you stumbled upon. :)

JimiNutz

Banned
If I say Mario do I get to include all of the spin offs like Mario Kart and the Mario sports games? If so, Mario.

If not, probably Halo.

Last edited:

marcincz

Series, series. I assume it should have more than 5 games.

I have many of them, but if I must pick only one, it should be Final Fantasy.
Anytime when I play FF games I feel pleasant warm in my heart.

Spaceman292

Banned
Soulsborne.

The best, most creative and fucking hard to access stories in games history.

No other game series can boast themes of entropy, loss, fatalism, cosmic horror, death and rebirth.... all wrapped up in the most challenging gameplay, and greatest risk reward mechanic there is.

People cite Souls games as the thing that lifted them out of mental illness.

Obtuse, frustrating, addictive, soaring works of fucking genius.
Agreed. Even looking over all those points, there's no other series of games that I know so well. Every inch of those games is burned into my mind.

VulcanRaven

Metal Gear is my all time favorite. Other favorites are The Last of Us and Mafia. Maybe also the Arkham series. I used to like Assassin's Creed but I haven't really played them since AC4.

Last edited:

Trumpeter

Neo Member
The Souls series (including Bloodborne and hopefully Elden Ring). Nothing else comes close for me.

On second thought, I would probably put the upcoming SMT and Persona games on the same level.

Last edited:

Daymos

Well besides Zelda and Final fantasy, which most of you don't want to hear.. I've really been into Xenoblade Chronicles (1) lately, and have a strong budding interest in getting back into Trails of Cold Steel. Might even play trails in the sky.

Mario64 is also a current obsession of mine, I can't wipe the grin off my face while playing it.

Last edited:

drganon

The persona and yakuza series are both recent faves. Not so much a series, but between Tokyo xanadu, ys, and trails of cold steel, falcom has become a favorite dev of mine.

My previous favorite series have all let me down in recent years (Castlevania, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Zelda), thus now it's:

39755306iv.png

Looking forward to the 3rd game on PS5.

Btw., I don't care about the DiRT main series (1-5).

Kssio_Aug

Hard question. But probably Souls series... I liked every single game of them, including Sekiro, and Dark Souls 3 might be the best game I played this generation.

Mr Hyde

I gotta give a shout out to Resident Evil and Final Fantasy too. They've been with me since the mid 90s, and I lived through all of their ups and downs through the generations. Glad that they are still around and still relevant. Mad excited for Village and FF 16. Yoshi-P guaranteed to make a home run.

wd40

right now i've been playing loads of Uncharted and Bioshock, just finished up Uncharted 2 yesterday, and if my postman is feeling nice I might be able to start Bioshock Infinite today! These games are so fucking fun.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Since I have so many favorites, I'll have to go with the one I've sunk the most hours into: Dodonpachi Daioujou. This weeb shit has captured my attention since early 2017 and I haven't stopped playing it for more than a month since then. I tried to guesstimate my total hours based on weeks/months played and I'm somewhere between 2700 and 3000 hours, on the conservative end.

I think everyone should tackle a shmup and try to 1cc it. Folks are gonna have their own personal choice, but whichever game it is, I think it's a worthy endeavor. The slow climb up the mountain is unlike anything that modern games offer the player. It's a challenge from a different time and cultural mindset.

EDIT: I played shmups since childhood, stuff like Gradius, Raiden II, Hellfire, etc but Daioujou truly made me fall in love with the genre.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Now that Metal Gear is dead, Yakua holds the crown. Special shout out to Hot Shots/Everbody's Golf (though I'm thinking it might be dead).

Is everybody's golf the same as hot shots?

I've been an Xbox stan for too long, but Hot shots was solid stuff. Golf games in general are tight.

bender

What time is it?
Is everybody's golf the same as hot shots?

I've been an Xbox stan for too long, but Hot shots was solid stuff. Golf games in general are tight.

Correct. Everybody's Golf was the name in Japan and Hot Shots in the States until the PS4 version which was just called Everybody's Golf in all regions.

Top Bottom