• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite PC game manual?

Back in the days PC games came in big boxes and sometime had manual worthy of a small book.

My favorite was Aces Of The Pacific manual by Dynamix. It got the aircraft, the flying tactics, the history of the war and more.

Here it is:

aces_1_pacific_a_front.jpg

interesting question.. for me it's the civilzation 3 complete edition manual, because it's all i could look at for 2 weeks while my mum returned a disc that came scratched. in my mind all civ games after civ 3 are, despite being good, of a different series.

small_law

Hands down Starfleet Command Volume Two. There was a resource manual the size of a novel that went into excruciating detail about each race in the game and the philosophies and technologies of their fleets. It was a mini Star Trek encyclopedia packed in with game. Whoever wrote that thing must have really truly cared about Star trek.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Flying Corps also had a cool manual with flight tactics. My favorite PC manual would have to be the Mechwarrior 2 manual.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Warcraft 2 is mine, I read that thing so many times.

The Civ 2 manual also had a long piece written by Brian Reynolds that went over in incredible detail their design decisions and goals for the game. It's real gold for anyone interested in game design.

Top Bottom