• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favourite snacks (chocolate/candy/biscuits/cookies/chips, etc)?

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm curious as to what you Gaffers think are your best, favourite snacks (Candy/Chocolate/Biscuits/Cookies/Chips, etc)?

Here are my Top 5 (in no particular order) chocolates.

1. Kinder Beuno
iNuY2wO.jpg

2. Kinder Surprise Egg
cuiYAo7.jpg

3. Chris and Larry's Cookies and Clods
HIZJS9Q.png

4. Ferrero Rocher
XdUv0Pe.jpg

Jethalal

Banned
  1. Orange Flavoured Dark Chocolate: Hate them individually but they surprisingly taste well together.
  2. Pistachio
  3. Salted Cashews
  4. Different Flavoured Fox Nuts: Low fat and just like popcorn
Don't eat sugar anymore, so didn't include many milk chocolates I used to love. These are the ones I still eat from time to time.

Dark Star

I prefer salty snacks over sweet snacks, so junk food like baking a frozen pizza or grilling hot dogs at home, or even something simple like salted mixed nuts or queso and chips

lays-250x250.jpg

Sweets? I don't have much preference but I do like:

Ferrero Rocher (more of a novelty, but they're so addictive)
Cookie dough ice cream
Oreo ice cream
Pretty much any and every chocolate candy (crunch, kit kat, reeses, twix, snickers, etc)
Halloween/sugar candy (sour patch kids, peach rings, etc)

51HrOgyVBeL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:

TindalosPup

Hershey's cookies and cream (I avoid it specifically because I can't help myself)

Keogh's Shamrock and Sour Cream crisps (imported from good ol' Ireland, but they're great and worth the little extra, my favorite potato snack currently)

Celery and carrots

Jerky

Mandarin Oranges

teezzy

Banned
Kiwis are hit or miss. It's hard to find the perfect ones, some are too sour and some too sweet.

You may prefer the yellow ones if you have them locally.

41aay2-0UcL._AC_.jpg

They're chill. Less fuzzy and tart than green kiwi. More sweet and juicy. Sometimes I even eat the skin because I'm lazy.

But no, kiwi are so good for you dude. I try and eat two a day if I can.

1648e67b8d0d9aac0e46fe9431e65805.png

Hx3ng90.png

They are very much one of the hidden nutritional powerhouses of the food world. People sleep on them though for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Jethalal

Banned
You may prefer the yellow ones if you have them locally.

41aay2-0UcL._AC_.jpg

They're chill. Less fuzzy than green kiwi. Sometimes I even eat the skin because I'm lazy.

But no, kiwi are so good for you dude. I try and eat two a day if I can.

1648e67b8d0d9aac0e46fe9431e65805.png

Hx3ng90.png

They are very much one of the hidden nutritional powerhouses of the food world. People sleep on them though for whatever reason.
I love the un-ripe ones mostly, their texture is harder and doesn't feel like mush. I do eat it when it is there at home.

Lupingosei

Banned
1. Willisauer Ringli (a very hard kind of cookie, you have to suck on it to make it more tasty)

willisauringli_l.JPG

2. Maisbrot (a kind of Cornbred with Raisins, usually bake it myself)

maisbrot-big.jpg

3. Zitronencake (Lemon cake, also usually make it myself)

e1321e86-8d5b-4cea-aaab-25e875e70f21.jpg

4. Nussgipfel (a bit like a Croissant but filled with a paste made out of nuts) very nice for a cafe break

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tschumi

Chocolate:
Cote d'Or milk chocolate

Sweets:
Sherbies

Biscuits:
Arnots Arrowroots

Crackers:
Table Water, with a strong cheese and, depending on my mood and time of day, red wine or coke

Chips:
Australian French fries with deep fried barramundi and chicken salt and a coke

Cakes:
A good New York Cheese Cake

Ice cream:
Tie, Hagen Daz Cookies and Cream/Hagen Daz Belgian Chocolate/Ben & Jerry's Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Last edited by a moderator:

borborygmus

macadamia nuts but I haven't had them in years because they're so expensive
Date syrup on macadamia nuts is like crack. I don't have an addictive personality but I've had someone get angry at me for introducing it to her and forever ruining her ability to diet.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for the ensuing diabetes epidemic should anyone make this.

Last edited:

mango drank

Seek out some organic almond butter (the one that's 100% almonds) and have a dunking party. One of my old keto favorites

kHfIQZtZTOGLMR2yPKH7m4Qx4ZFCAxoNiEl5JAOHhOLcvSU_OfITqG6Hxl_-xV9u07o1Rtxww3Yc-0C1Dou_WNgYsxZKZIbY39JKHp4jje7XjZjg1bzA5yzrab9uaNHIB2buHQFWOxFZqJ2J8ZEiXuCVkLcrZIJhL5Mf-5JhP_lNb4CC0xPM4L8

Kinda costly, but worth it imho
Can confirm, this stuff is pure crack. Bought this exact jar a few weeks ago for the first time, and it was gone in two days. Edit: actually I think I bought some "no-stir" variant, but same brand. Gotta buy again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom