• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Ideal Breakfast?

TTOOLL

Three to four scrambled eggs with 25g of oats and 5g of chia seeds in it. Mix it all together and don’t let the eggs cook too much, texture is great this way. Some coffee and a fruit as “dessert”.

sFrKXtv.gif

INC

Coffee and silence

I dont eat as soon as I wake up, and once I've brushed my teeth, everything tastes like shit, so I'll wait

I’ve been intermittent fasting for the past few weeks and have lost almost 40 pounds.

Before my new lifestyle change, a big bowl of four biscuits, cut in half, and enough gravy to make it so you can’t see them anymore.
How many hours do you fast a day? I'd love to lose this much weight.

Quasicat

How many hours do you fast a day? I'd love to lose this much weight.
I’m at a 22 hour fast 6 days a week with a day where I eat from noon to 6pm. At first it wasn’t working well because I was breaking my fast with carbs. Once I started breaking it with jerky and a cheese stick, it really went quick. My ultimate goal is to eventually do OMAD (one meal a day), but I’m not there yet.

sackings

Insert Ron Swanson memes here about the superiority of breakfast food...

Most days its toast and PB. If I have time its scrambled eggs + cheese and bacon. If eating out prob a big ole omelette with some crispy hashbrowns. But TBH I love almost all breakfast food, so damn good

Raven117

Just coffee and something light for me. If I know its going to be a long physical day, a breakfast taco or eggs rancheros.

Rat Rage

Three to four scrambled eggs with 25g of oats and 5g of chia seeds in it. Mix it all together and don’t let the eggs cook too much, texture is great this way. Some coffee and a fruit as “dessert”.

Sounds wild. I might try this. Hope it doesn't taste like ass.

sunnysideup

Banned
I dont eat breakfast anymore, just coffee. i eat an early lunch instead around 10.

breakfast is nothing but fast carbs and sugar. i rather save those kcal for lunch and dinner when food is tastier.

i like real meal meal rather than cereals and such.

Last edited:

Tams

I usually have a healthy cereal like museli, oatmeal (as porridge), Weetabix, or Branflakes with some frozen berries and whole milk, and a coffee.

I'm partial to a croissant, pain au chocolat, hotcross bun, crumpet, English muffin, or raisin bread though.

And occasionally I'll indulge in a full breakfast (a monstrosity of all the UK varients together if I can - streaky bacon forbidden), with orange juice and a big mug of builder's tea (Yorkshire).

Cheesecake/tart (especially with mixed berries) is my favourite food, but that's not a breakfast item. Culturally or health-wise. But you do you.

Ideal: My wife's Eggs Benny (ham not bacon or salmon) with a latte or cappuccino.

Daily: Usually half a granola cereal bowl or yoghurt and fruit. Coffee or red bull chaser (can only drink one of these a day, get jittery otherwise).

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I almost never eat breakfast. Never grew up with it, so I never bothered. My first meal is lunch unless there's some free breakfast or bagels at a morning meeting which I'll grab because everyone is too. Only reason I said "almost never" is because since WFH the past few years I might eat a bowl of cereal because it's in my kitchen.

But when I do eat a big breakfast (let's say at a big meeting it's provided), I often feel bloated and shit. I'd rather just wait till lunch, but I do love eating eggs and sausage (Denny's kind of shit). Looking at some of the pics, I dont get how someone can eat a giant plate of food just after waking up and not feel gross going to work right after.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't eat breakfast during breakfast but will buy a plate of it during lunch or dinner.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Lately, a Sumo Mandarin and cup of coffee. But if I wanna go all out I’ll have a big cheese omelette with some bacon.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
4 Weetabix, a small handful of rasins, no fat milk.

Eggs with sauteed onions and peppers and two dry toasts, no sugar ketchup.

Top Bottom