• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Ideal Breakfast?

BlakeofT

I had a breakfast burrito with cheese, rice, black beans, little fried potato cubes, pico and guac from Moe's at an airport one day. It was the best breakfast I've ever had. I wish I could get it any time I wanted one!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
New one either porridge,

Or I get some eggs usually two whisk them. Add a 1/4 cup of porridge oats. Let them soak. Chives salt pepper make an omelette maybe some grated cheese on top and some sliced tomatoes

Raven117

Gold Member
Overnight rolled oats with milk, chia seets, two eggs extra egg whites....coffee. Eat this every morning.

Now, for funzies and don't care about health. Breakfast tacos of all sorts.

chromhound

best-buttermilk-pancakes.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__2020__07__20200706-bacon-egg-potato-hash-breakfast-burrito-daniel-gritzer-21-295e5268b8884d879c93e0a8bbbbc215.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
Due to my culture and upbringing I can't see myself eating a hot meal for breakfast, it's almost unthinkable.. I like toast with different kinds of spreading which I vary almost every day. Mostly some kind of meat or cheese, sometimes even peanut butter with Nutella on top.. And of course black as fuck coffee.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Black coffee and water. I hate breakfast and I usually eat lunch late.

Breakfast for dinner on the other hand:
  • 2 waffles. Crispy outside, soft inside. Stupid amounts of butter and hot, fake-ass syrup.
  • 2 eggs over easy (gimme dat runny yolk all day) with hotsauce
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 2 sausage links (patties are hit-and-miss I find)
  • 2 pieces wheat toast. Hot and buttered with strawberry jam
  • 2 cups black coffee
  • Large water

That or eggs benedict.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Black coffee and water. I hate breakfast and I usually eat lunch late.

Breakfast for dinner on the other hand:
  • 2 waffles. Crispy outside, soft inside. Stupid amounts of butter and hot, fake-ass syrup.
  • 2 eggs over easy (gimme dat runny yolk all day) with hotsauce
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 2 sausage links (patties are hit-and-miss I find)
  • 2 pieces wheat toast. Hot and buttered with strawberry jam
  • 2 cups black coffee
  • Large water

That or eggs benedict.
That sounds 2 delicious.

Air.
Consumed whilst I get an extra hour in bed.

Then an all day english breakfast at lunchtime. Or a bacon sandwich.

lachesis

6yRR0tc.jpg

My recent favorite is Korean Pork Gukbap. Especially great if you are hung over too... that you go "fuck yeah" after having this stuff, wiping down the sweat.
There's one quite good one in Fort Lee NJ, and I've been a regular for many years now... although I usually pick up on the way home.

I put ton of chives and wild sesame, and hot dadaegi and season it with salted shrimp sauce. It really doesn't get any better than this.

In general, I find gukbap (soup+rice) is one of the best breakfast.... Also love traditional Japanese breakfast (miso soup, rice, natto, pickled veggies and maybe some protein like poached egg, or grilled fish etc).

I'm too lazy too cook so this is what I usually make.

1) crack 2-3 eggs in a mug.
2) chop up some sausages, ham, spam, cucumbers, cheese, or whatever ingredients you want. Then whisk.
3) add salt and pepper. (or skip the salt if you are adding things like spam which is already sodium heavy.)
4) microwave for 90s
5) mix contents
6) microwave again for 30s. (or longer if you want the eggs more cooked.)
7) enjoy omelette in a cup.

also a good cup of coffee.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Have you ever had lobster benedict? I haven't buy I saw it on this show called "below deck Mediterranean" and wonder if it would work.

No, but it sounds like it would be incredibly rich. Throw in some caviar and you'll have the most opulent breakfast in history. Might give it a go one day.

GymWolf

Sicilian tavola calda or the english one with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, small sausages and burnt toastes.

Cold lemon tea as drink.

mekes

Honestly, nothing.

I’ve been there and done it with juices, smoothies, oatmeal with chia, eggs, toast etc. If I have breakfast in the morning, I feel my energy running out by mid afternoon. I seem to have great energy all day if I eat my first meal around 11am.

Black coffee, I'm mostly OMAD.
When I do have breakfast on vacations love me some coconut greek yogourt with nuts and fruits or some chia pudding.
Otherwise a light fresh beer in the morning is just soooo good.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
At home: Big bowl of Milo or Nutri-Grain cereal.
Eating out: Pancakes with cream, ice cream, berries and maple syrup. As a minimum.

reezoo

“Halwa Puri” most common breakfast of cities in Pakistan. Includes Puri, Halwa (mostly of sooji), chana masala & Aloo turkari (potato curry).
ybQ2T54.jpg

3 rashers of Danish back bacon
3 Cumberland sausages
2 hash browns
Portion of baked beans
2 x fresh brown bread lathered in salted butter
Bubble and Squeak
Fried bread (toasted in the pan after the breakfast has been cooked)

Pint of whole milk

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Scrambled eggs
Crispy bacon
Sour dough toast with butter and jam or honey
Whole milk

lem0n

Perfect buttermilk pancakes with homemade butter, maple syrup (real, and the lighter version), a side of crispy bacon, scrambled eggs with ketchup, and a chocolate milk. Don't even care if it's a childish plate, fuck me UP.

casnix

Biscuits & Gravy with scrambled eggs on top

Or buttermilk pancakes / French toast with real maple syrup

darrylgorn

What I make every morning - breakfast burrito of diced ham with egg and cheddar and a tall espresso.

I've been able to bring it down to about 8 minutes to prepare and have utensils/pan cleaned.

Also good for the kids to get those fuckers out of the house without complaining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom