• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your motivational speech playlist? or just favourite motivational speeches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

I go through these at least once a month. I definitely recommend everyone listen to them. What are your favourite motivational speeches or if you have a playlist like mine.

Here is my ultimate motivational / get psyched playlist:

Any Given Sunday Speech - This is how I stay competitive.

Rocky Balboa Speech - This is what I use when I'm discouraged.

Facing the Giants - This is what I use when I have a daunting task in front of me.

The Dictator Speech - This is how I stay positive.

Coach Carter - This is how I ensure I shine instead of playing small.

Eric Thomas - This is how I ensure I keep working hard for the things I want in life.

velociraptor

I go through these at least once a month. I definitely recommend everyone listen to them. What are your favourite motivational speeches or if you have a playlist like mine.

Here is my ultimate motivational / get psyched playlist:

Any Given Sunday Speech - This is how I stay competitive.

Rocky Balboa Speech - This is what I use when I'm discouraged.

Facing the Giants - This is what I use when I have a daunting task in front of me.

The Dictator Speech - This is how I stay positive.

Coach Carter - This is how I ensure I shine instead of playing small.

Eric Thomas - This is how I ensure I keep working hard for the things I want in life.

I've been procrastinating from my work. Thanks for this. The Facing the Giants one really helped.

HCO3vSq.jpg

MVP

Banned

MrChom

While I appreciate a well written speech in a movie, or a drama I'm not sure I've ever actually used one to inspire myself outside of that, certainly not enough to need a playlist.

If I need motivating I just grab myself a cup of tea, as cliche as that is for a Brit, and allow that small moment of quiet and stillness to push me forwards. Or if I'm in a group and I need picking up there's nothing like a good bit of gallows humour to really make things far less bad than they might otherwise seem.

Tabris

If I need motivating I just grab myself a cup of tea, as cliche as that is for a Brit, and allow that small moment of quiet and stillness to push me forwards. Or if I'm in a group and I need picking up there's nothing like a good bit of gallows humour to really make things far less bad than they might otherwise seem.

You get psyched via relaxation and meditation? That's odd.

Inspiring speeches are cool, but I've never been "motivated" by one. I might have been motivated by Churchill's many speeches during the war, kinda hard to say without being in that situation.

But when it comes to work, or housework or life goals, music usually gets me by.

It's all relatable. Whether competing in sports, business, life - that first speech applies.

The rest are pretty generic.

I'm just saying that his way of psyching himself up is just as valid as yours. In fact, his is less odd than yours to me because most people I know do his method, not yours.

Tabris

I'm just saying that his way of psyching himself up is just as valid as yours. In fact, his is less odd than yours to me because most people I know do his method, not yours.

That's like taking a downer when you want to get amped up. Or turning down the volume when you can't hear. Or any number of analogies.

MrChom

You get psyched via relaxation and meditation? That's odd.

I find that taking a moment to breathe is far more helpful than building myself up. If I do that kind of stuff it usually leads to things like me expressing ideas badly because I'm rushing, or making stupid mistakes.

Newline

That's like taking a downer when you want to get amped up. Or turning down the volume when you can't hear. Or any number of analogies.
How can you not get that if you're an individual with a calm and organized mind and have been in a situation thats interefered with your mental state, taking steps to calm yourself will focus and energize you.

The only analogy I can think of that makes sense is that some people are like batteries that need charging up while others are like engines that need cooling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom