• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kinds of DLC courses do you want in Mario Golf: World Tour?

For those who aren't aware, paid downloadable courses, AKA DLC, are confirmed via the game's eShop description. Here's the relevant excerpt:
Test your skills in a gauntlet of course challenges, play with friends locally (using emoticons to cheer them on), or take on players around the world in online real-time tournaments. Discover additional paid downloadable courses and participate in special trial tournaments.
I'm hoping for remakes of old classics like the castle course from Toadstool Tour. What about you guys?

EDIT: The last sentence in what I quoted has been removed from the eShop description. However, it is still there in Amazon's description.

I expect the NES Golf course, Wii Sports and Wii Sports resort (I forget which one of these was NES golf).

Special Trial might be more interesting. Wonder if this will be existing courses with different start point and hold positions.

Shouldn't we wait to see what's in the game first
Both google and searching GAF made it seem to me that most people weren't aware paid DLC was confirmed, so that was the primary purpose of the thread. The GAF -> Internet effect seems to be happening here, going by Google, so it seems my suspicions were correct.

When making the thread I realized that the conversation would naturally turn to speculation anyways so that's why I went with this angle for the thread.

That said, speculation doesn't do any harm here. If somebody wants something as paid DLC and it happens to be in the game for free then that's a "HOORAY!" moment. At least 7 courses have also already been confirmed and I don't think there'll be too many more so there's also that.

Converse

Banned
The more fantasy, the better. I want Nintendo-themed insane courses that are impossible in real life.

I'd expect (and hope for) this direction -- seems more likely that folks would shell out extra dough for these types of courses. I'd like to see a Sonic Lost World type thing where the courses branch out into other franchises, like a Zelda-themed course and so on.

Mory Dunz

If this game is getting DLC, I really hope MK8 does as well.

And SM3DW.
But I doubt 3DW will, because I think SM3DW2 will exist....

I hope there are DLC characters as well. That would have been a huge improvement for MK7, but that game was rushed to hell and back and wasn't even enabled to support DLC.

Interesting. Nintendo removed the last sentence of what I quoted in the OP from the eShop description.

I'm guessing somebody at NoA copied and pasted a description meant for a later date.

L~A

Interesting... it's definitely legit if the description was found on the eShop. It's not just Amazon.com pulling some tales from their Hometown.

Wonder when Nintendo will announce those.

Velcro Fly

Playing the gamecube game I've always wanted more. I'd love if they did some really crazy nintendo themed ones and then maybe one or two more realistic ones that were difficult from a pure golf standpoint. I'd give anything to have this game this weekend while watching golf :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dinosaur Land from SMW.

maxcriden

If this game is getting DLC, I really hope MK8 does as well.

And SM3DW.
But I doubt 3DW will, because I think SM3DW2 will exist....

IIRC Koizumi said no DLC for 3DW. Now that they're officially onto their next project I think any DLC is pretty unlikely. At least the game packs an amazing amount of content as is!

Kouriozan

That's actually nice but I wonder why major IP don't get DLC, well maybe that will change for MK8 or Smash 4.
I want at least one "normal course" and a crazy one.

udivision

That's actually nice but I wonder why major IP don't get DLC, well maybe that will change for MK8 or Smash 4.
I want at least one "normal course" and a crazy one.

For those to games, there are issues with the online-play since everyone wouldn't have the same content. There are solutions to theses problems, but this is Nintendo...

Kouriozan

Crossovers with other Nintendo properties would have been nice.

Imagine that; golfing on the Hyrule Castle Green.
Actually that's a great idea.
Sonic is getting crossover level, why not Nintendo games?
For those to games, there are issues with the online-play since everyone wouldn't have the same content. There are solutions to theses problems, but this is Nintendo...
I guess you're right and that's what preventing them to go full force on DLC.

@that one guy: Yeah, Amazon listing the game's list price as $39.99 is wrong. Feel free to check it out for yourself.
Well, Mario Golf: World Tour has online too, but this is made by Camelot so this doesn't really mean much for EAD stuff as far as MK8 goes. SSB4, on the other hand, is made by Namco Bandai, which does know how to implement DLC in online fighters as shown by the Gundam VS Extreme games. Not having DLC there would be due to Sakurai just not wanting to do it for whatever reason, not due to not knowing how.
RPG Mode like Mario Golf / Tennis for GBC / GBA

...That's all.
Sadly, we're probably only going to get Castle Club. At least it should be significantly better than MTO's single player, which was literally grinding for coins, star characters, and clothing unlocks that you still had to grind coins for.

@that one guy: Yeah, Amazon listing the game's list price as $39.99 is wrong. Feel free to check it out for yourself.

Well, Mario Golf: World Tour has online too, but this is made by Camelot so this doesn't really mean much for EAD stuff as far as MK8 goes. SSB4, on the other hand, is made by Namco Bandai, which does know how to implement DLC in online fighters as shown by the Gundam VS Extreme games. Not having DLC there would be due to Sakurai just not wanting to do it for whatever reason, not due to not knowing how.

Sadly, we're probably only going to get Castle Club. At least it should be significantly better than MTO's single player, which was literally grinding for coins, star characters, and clothing unlocks that you still had to grind coins for.

Damn that doesn't sound all that promising hmm still wondering whether i should preorder this now based on the fact that everything ELSE about this game looks spot on so far or just wait for reviews and if it sucks grab the GBA or GC versions of Mario Golf which i never got to play...

cluderi

Won't happen but I'd go for courses based on other Nintendo series, Animal Crossing courses with Isabelle as my caddy or Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom