• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What makes you happy?

Well hello everyone! This is my first thread here on GAF! :goog_geek:

About a month ago my life was turned upside down. We all have bad days and sometimes need that extra positivity! So let’s spread some good/positive vibes in this thread!

What makes you happy?

I’ll start. Games, nature, ducks and Millis. This things never fail to make me happy!

Walks or running in nature is my happy place, so peaceful! I always feel so calm being I nature. And my absolute favorite place is the summer cabin in Finland. 💚

Playing a classic JRPG, there’s nothing more magical and I always get lost in the wonderful worlds, the characters, the story and the music. Suikoden, FFVII, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, the list just goes on! 🎮

I just love ducks, nothing more needs to be said. 🦆
Aww Duck GIF

And the best thing of them all: my adorable cat Millis, she’s my everything. 💕 She’s so chubby and just the sweetest little thing ever! She’s currently living with my ex, but miss her so much!

Now tell me, what makes you happy?

Last edited:

TrueLegend

I just watched Digital Foundry Direct on Steam Deck. There is a guy who commented that he works in a remote area and is constantly on the move. He would be getting into PC gaming which he has missed since his college days. I am not getting a steam deck. I had many phones. I probably haven't played 20 games on android. My tablet collects dust. But this makes me happy far more than most things. Because I like to see people who appreciate not so big but yet not so mall things in life, like gaming, get a chance to have a go at it. So many people have so many things that they don't appreciate or care about and some despite being passionate about something just cant have that and it's not always just because of lack of money. There is a little girl who comes to support her big sister for dishwashing at our place. She is very passionate about sewing. We are getting her a sewing machine. And that does put a smile on my face. It's always the little things that make a little happy.

I just watched Digital Foundry Direct on Steam Deck. There is a guy who commented that he works in a remote area and is constantly on the move. He would be getting into PC gaming which he has missed since his college days. I am not getting a steam deck. I had many phones. I probably haven't played 20 games on android. My tablet collects dust. But this makes me happy far more than most things. Because I like to see people who appreciate not so big but yet not so mall things in life, like gaming, get a chance to have a go at it. So many people have so many things that they don't appreciate or care about and some despite being passionate about something just cant have that and it's not always just because of lack of money. There is a little girl who comes to support her big sister for dishwashing at our place. She is very passionate about sewing. We are getting her a sewing machine. And that does put a smile on my face. It's always the little things that make a little happy.
It really is about appreciating the small things in life. You can find happiness everywhere. So sweet of you to buy her a sewing machine! Thank you for the wonderful post :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Dark Star

Listening to music, discovering bands/albums on YouTube, going to rock/metal concerts, making beats in FL Studio, playing guitar/drums, video games, going to the movies. spending time outdoors with friends when the weather is nice and warm, like at a beach or mountain, hiking, skateboarding, bike riding, eating good food, etc. just a few of my hobbies besides consuming a copious amount of cannabis lol. I’m pretty boring when it comes to socializing and stuff, I like staying home and relaxing by myself for the most part.

Last edited:

lem0n

• That feeling when you wake up on a Saturday and remember it's the weekend
  • Hot NY style pizza
  • When my girlfriend and my days off line up
  • Days with no commitments
  • Seeing one of the select few people I genuinely love
  • Meeting strangers dogs
  • Being left alone when I need it
  • Hearing/feeling the turbocharger work in my car
  • Cooking Italian food
  • a fresh save on one of my favorite video games