• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Microsoft and Nintendo has done for the consumers and the industry during this pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAVA Mk2

Sony has led the way through this whole ordeal. They truly should be commended. Even when mocked early on by refusing to put their employees in harm's way at gaming events while others attempted to use it as leverage and get ahead, they held steadfast.

As things played out, it is clear Sony was in the right and helped force these conferences to do the right thing for public and employee safety, even if others had to give them up kicking and screaming.

That is great too. These Japanese gaming companies have done great things despite the negative financial implications.
Microsoft's founder is literally spending billions on factories to make COVID-19 vaccines on top of everything else Microsoft itself is doing mentioned earlier. Sony is giving away remasters of 2 old games for 3 weeks. Please explain how Sony is leading anything.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Why everything should be turned into console war?

The whole world is in crisis right now including of course the gaming industry. Why should we be afraid to question the decision of huge companies like MS and Nintendo to mostly ignore this current situation? The same would have applied for Sony as well if they didn't do anything.
In fact if you look back at the thread for PS+ April games i had said there that both Sony and MS should have offered at least one more game in their PS+/XBLG services.

You people should stop defending multi-trillion companies when they have the power to offer at least some gesture of kindness and they choose not to.
Are you seriously that ignorant to what MS has done in response to the pandemic and Bill Gates himself?

VAVA Mk2

What was your previous account Mr "Neo Member"?

I haven't said anything negative about MS here. I just said what Sony has done should be commended. If your insecurity takes that as an affront against Xbox, that's on you.
You claimed Sony has been a leader on COVID-19 activism of the 3 which has clearly been proven false.

Vawn

Banned
Fucking incredible. Going on six posts now and he still can’t say it. Explain to me why Sony deserves praise for this, but you refuse to even acknowledge MS has done the same, to the point of phrasing your replies as if they’ve done nothing.

Great way to make your argument look weak as fuck by questioning my account status too, maybe try adding some actual substance to your argument first.

Incredible. Amazing. Wow. And all that. You can't allow someone to say something good about PlayStation unless they return a compliment to Xbox.

This thread was discussing the free games Sony gave out for people stuck at home. I commented on that and showed appreciation. You and your Xbox fanboy friends might demand an equal compliment for MS if I want to talk positively about PlayStation, but that's not the subject. Get over it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My thoughts are this: it would be nice if they did do something, but I don't care if they don't. They're massive businesses full of moving parts designed to sell us stuff. Full of individuals going through the same shit. Besides, any sale they ran would really be in their own self interest at the end of the day.

Mr Moose

Hey OP....

I don't think he has anything to do with MS any more, but its irrelevant, all 3 companies are doing things and this topic shouldn't exist.

So out of Sony's $100M fund, $10M goes direct to helping medical workers, and the other $90M is vague and split between students and game developers and other media people.

In other words, the majority of the funds are self serving with some kind of business partnership angle to it.
Does it matter? That's a lot of money. We know they're doing 10M for indie devs or some shit, not sure if that's part of this 100M though, I didn't know about the indie thing until afterwards. Either way, point still stands, they are all doing things to help with this shitty ass virus.

Incredible. Amazing. Wow. And all that. You can't allow someone to say something good about PlayStation unless they return a compliment to Xbox.

This thread was discussing the free games Sony gave out for people stuck at home. I commented on that and showed appreciation. You and your Xbox fanboy friends might demand an equal compliment for MS if I want to talk positively about PlayStation, but that's not the subject. Get over it.
Nah the OP is flat out wrong, they're acting like Sony is the only one doing anything (whilst missing Sony's biggest thing with the 100M too lol), its a silly thing to start something about when the evidence does not back it up.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I don't think he has anything to do with MS any more, but its irrelevant, all 3 companies are doing things and this topic shouldn't exist.

Does it matter? That's a lot of money. We know they're doing 10M for indie devs or some shit, not sure if that's part of this 100M though, I didn't know about the indie thing until afterwards. Either way, point still stands, they are all doing things to help with this shitty ass virus.

Nah the OP is flat out wrong, he's acting like Sony is the only one doing anything (whilst missing Sony's biggest thing with the 100M too lol), its a silly thing to start something about when the evidence does not back it up.

Ok, but I'm talking about myself personally. I post that I appreciate Sony giving out free games and certain people fly off the handle because I said something nice about Sony without giving Microsoft an equivalent compliment.

These people remind me of Eric Cartman at other kid's birthdays when his mom buys him a present for every present his friend gets so it's fair.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Ok, but I'm talking about myself personally. I post that I appreciate Sony giving out free games and certain people fly off the handle because I said something nice about Sony without giving Microsoft an equivalent compliment.

These people remind me of Eric Cartman at other kid's birthdays when his mom buys him a present for every present his friend gets so it's fair.
Oh, for sure, they don't need to do anything (any of these companies), anything they give us is like a gesture of good will, and games might help keep our asses at home.
I'm hoping to pick up a switch (not a switch light, f that thing) with Animal Crossing, apparently I just missed an egg event, can't decide if I am thankful for missing it or not.

Eevee86

My thoughts are this: it would be nice if they did do something, but I don't care if they don't. They're massive businesses full of moving parts designed to sell us stuff. Full of individuals going through the same shit. Besides, any sale they ran would really be in their own self interest at the end of the day.
As far as I'm concerned, businesses only need to look out for their employees at this point. If they help out, great, but certainly not required.

Microsoft is offering GamePass which is simply the greatest deal in gaming. They've done their part.

Nintendo has gifted the world the greatest gaming machine of all-time in the Nintendo Switch. What more do you want from them?

This thread is literally titled “What have MS/Nintendo done”? We’re here answering that question with “here’s what MS has done”. We’re not demanding anything, simply pointing out how incredibly biased your being by refusing to acknowledge the genuine answer to the question OP posed, and now furiously back peddling with a “you’re all anti-Sony” slant.

Christ. People in here, brains smoother than the corners on a PS4 slim.

Renozokii

Is it a thread that was discussing the free games Sony gave out? Or did op actively try to put down MS and Nintendo for not giving out free games?

>Unless i have missed some major news it's very surprising to me that both MS and Nintendo still haven't done anything substantial during this crisis. Everyone says how much more financially powerful both MS and Nintendo are when compared to Sony yet they both seem to ignore the current situation.

Did you even read the op?

When someone is this clueless, The fact that MS services is more than just xbox and that they're doing a pretty good job at keeping everything up and running during all this high traffic is actually grand.

Heck maybe they have done even more but without feeling the need to make an announcement about it.

It's like donating a large amount of money to a charity and then letting the world know how your such a good guy.

When someone is this clueless, The fact that MS services is more than just xbox and that they're doing a pretty good job at keeping everything up and running during all this high traffic is actually grand.

Heck maybe they have done even more but without feeling the need to make an announcement about it.

It's like donating a large amount of money to a charity and then letting the world know how your such a good guy.

But dude just imagine OP from his DxRacer dorito infused throne letting it rip on all these evil companies, he surely knows what he is talking about.

Mista

Banned
Threads are getting dumber by the minute! I love it the forum is becoming a cesspool where moronic opinions get 10 pages threads.
sublimit sublimit is a cool dude he just made the thread without doing any research. People answered him already so its alright. It is a dumb thread still

Great Hair

Banned
Hey OP....

Are you really going to trust someone, who´s name got linked with Epstein and other hot topics? for the past 50 years.

and the list goes on and on. There is so much shit around his persona. He even let lose mosquitoes during a TED talk, that supposedly are being used to "deliver viruses and can not reproduce" ... seriously, stop s#cking rich peoples cock! Bill Gates Foundation has money invested in major american coporates liek Coca Cola, Mcdonals etc... and they represent their "ideas of a better future". Genetic modified seeds (Monsanto says hello!) to what every he feels, wants to invest.

just dont trust them blindly, they´re just better than the Clinton Founation but at the end : ALL a bunch of narcissistic CROOKS, and who´s main goal is to enrich themselves. (though saying he took part of the covid19 is beyond stupid, not sure how he would benefit from it directly, but the other links are valid)

daffyduck

This is like having financial problems and your boss at work offers to give you some money for free in order to help you and you instead say that he's an asshole for not giving you all the money you actually need. Great logic.
That's not what he inferred at all.

TBiddy

Because of the Bill Gates thing? "anti-vax propaganda" <> questioning the motives of Bill Gates.

Half of the links are from anti-vax sites. The rest looks, more or less, to come from conspiracy sites. It's wonderful to see the lengths some people will go to try to discredit anything involved with Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom