• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What midtier games would you like to see get a remaster or sequel?

Syriel

28.jpg

Someone really needs to remaster S.T.U.N. Runner. 4k, 60fps, VR as an option.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the Switch. Hell, a Tactics/Advance on Switch would be amazing.

And a dedicated Sonic Chao Garden game in the same vein as Sonic Adventure 2 on the Switch.

Erevador

Furious-Ming-jade-empire-605843_800_600.jpg

It always deserved better.

A sequel with modern tech would be breathtaking. Could never happen though.

Memories of Bioware past...

jluedtke

So many...but I'll limit it to these:

A Viewtiful Joe HD Collection would be great.
God Hand
Killer7
Powerstone
Shenmue

and...

Chulip.
250px-Coverchulip.jpg

aCNwa44.jpg

Sequel please.

4XnbBrT.png

Sequel please. This game worked wonderfully on the console.

bfRBEUv.png

Re-release, with visual overhaul and modifiers. IQ on the consoles was horrible.

Jakoo

I would like to see how well Baten Kaitos held up in the current context of today, especially if they packed in both 1 and Origins. I feel like an HD version of that game would age very well.

Nete

EDIT: Welp, somehow my brain farted and I read this mid-tier thing as if it was budget related. Ignore what I said :p

Shotpun

It actually needs both, remaster and a sequel. Although you can already achieve something similar to the former using X-wing Alliance, XWAUpgrade's ship pack and the TF conversion mod.

While I wholeheartedly agree, Tie Fighter is and was preeeeeetty far from mid-tier. Hell, it's still high up there today in its genre.

ASaiyan

Banned
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron.

It had a pretty unique art direction that could benefit from a bit of remastering, like Okami.
Anything weird like Killer7, El Shaddai, Ninja Blade, Otogai, Jumping Flash, Earthworm Jim, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Clock Tower etc
El Shaddai. That game's art would just look insane at higher resolutions.
+1. El Shaddai 2 please.

Incredibly beautiful game with a great world held back by its utter obscurity and a few gameplay hiccups.

I'd kill a man for a faithful remaster of Amped 2, maybe adding a mountain or three.

Though, truth be told, it's still perfectly playable on Xbox 360 thanks to its BC with the OG, just no Live functionality.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want sequel to American McGee's Alice.

I really enjoyed Alice Madness returns even though the gameplay became dull really fast but it really had great art direction.
screenshot-04.jpg

I want Mario Strikers Charged to get a Smash-like polishing. The base gameplay is perfect as-is. Even it's use of waggle for tackles is great.

All it needs is an HD update and some more time in the oven to flesh out of it's UI, presentation, and #content.

I want sequel to American McGee's Alice.

I really enjoyed Alice Madness returns even though the gameplay became dull really fast but it really had great art direction.

Apparently McGee is looking into another Alice game, but nothing's confirmed so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142782

I'd love another one. The ending of Madness Returns was a real nice gut-punch and I'd be interested to see how he follows it up.

Sesha

Eternal Darkness (remaster and sequel)
God Hand (remaster and sequel)
Age of Mythology (sequel)

Franchises:

Shadow Hearts (remasters of 1-2 + FtNW, and sequel)
Suikoden
Breath of Fire
Medievil
Legend of Legaia
Tenchu (remasters of 3, FS and 4, sequel)
The Last Blade (sequel)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (remaster)
Capcom vs. SNK (remaster of 2 and sequel)
Marvel Super Heroes (sequel)
Maximo (remasters and sequel)
Viewtiful Joe (remasters and sequel)

ryseing

Blur.

Kart racing with real cars is such a good idea, and since it was a Bizarre Creations game it of course controlled wonderfully.

Dammit Activision. Sent the poor thing to die.

notacat

Dungeon Keeper
Magic Carpet 2
Final Fantasy VIII

The escape of all things ape? What! I bought the first Dualshock for that game, it was really fun!

Never played these but it's always seemed like there was so much potential in the premise that the games apparently never managed to achieve. I'd love to see someone take another shot at this or at least similar game.

DAH2 fulfils what it sets out to do, the only thing its missing is some effects such as fire in buildings etc that the first game had. The games massive and hilarious.

RIP PANDEMIC

Cpt Lmao

I Ctrl-F'd the first page and didn't see it mentioned. Thank you.

I remmeber the final mission with you and your ragtag group of soldiers storming the base. Now imagine it with 50 or even 100 soldiers.

It was probably the best action squad shooter ever made, and it had wonderful multiplayer. The mechanics of A: follow; X, defend and Y, attack were so simple and yet so effective, it's also stunning how they managed to get such a great number of competent AI on a large battlefield in the Gamecube generation.

The developers are with Square Enix now. Considering they're trying to push western titles, you think such a sequel would make great sense.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Shadow_of_Rome_cover.jpg

I'd like to see it at least as a PS2 classic.

A sequel would be awesome too. Dead Rising was great and all, but too different to serve as a proper follow up to this overlooked gem. I need that super violent gladiator goodness.

2-MeatSculpter.gif

The Last Story.
Warhawk.

Vanquish... one of the best action games I've ever played.

OP is asking about "mid-tier" games... not "god-tier" ;-)

Furious-Ming-jade-empire-605843_800_600.jpg

It always deserved better.

A sequel with modern tech would be breathtaking. Could never happen though.

Memories of Bioware past...

This.

Also:

Ring of Reddu!!... Best srpg on the PS2 and tied best srpg of all time with Valkyria Chronicles.

Venture

DAH2 fulfils what it sets out to do, the only thing its missing is some effects such as fire in buildings etc that the first game had. The games massive and hilarious.

RIP PANDEMIC
Hmm, looks like it got better reviews than I remembered. I might have to check it out one of these days. I do love Pandemic games.

Top Bottom