• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What more do MS need to do to win you over?

What can MS do to win you over?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With the recent 180s on DRM and used games, adding in a headset etc. for those of you still not convinced, what would it take?

For me personally, they need to move all third party apps outside of Xbox live gold, and their TV stuff. Let me have a great media experience with my free or paid services without a second payment to MS. Charge me when I want to use multiplayer gaming or some other core service (even game DVR, don't really care about that)

Don't even mind the price. It is steep, but I paid that for PS3

Drop Kinect.

Lower the price to match lackluster hardware.

Invest in first party development and offer a variety of different games and genres.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't think MS want to be selling XB1's to people to use for Netflix etc

They want to make money off it and the best way to do that is get people online.

- At least a year of time on the market so I know the console isn't a bricking box like the 360

- Cheaper price or more numerous and interesting exclusives - which ever is fine.

Anteater

They should launch it earlier in asia, then it's just the matter of games and features.

I don't think I will use kinect much with the limited space I have, so either get rid of that or they will need to price the console cheaper.

Features behind paywall is terrible too, if they could match ps4 in both price and features they might have something special, since I do trust them a little bit more than Sony when it comes to software/os, just not hardware.

dr_rus

Remove Kinect
Make it more powerful than competition
Stop buying exclusives and invest in your own studios instead

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They need more pretty women in Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, ahh.. meh

I'll just get the Amazonia, even though it has one breast, it also acts as a heart, still good.

Does that mean you're not getting a PS4?

Title of the thread is 'WIN' u over. They could win me by giving me free online, and I could use the PS4 as my mistress.

Sadly, no dice for Microsoft on anything free, just greed, as they seek to monopolize the industry as they do with OS systems, and professional apps, by charging a shitty premium.

It's come to a point where we have to pay for being spied on.

Hopefully Gabe can push Ubuntu to new limits.

Honestly? Nothing. The company is beyond saving for me. Between PRISM and the XB1 launch debacle, it's a company that I just can't support.

Bundy

Banned
With the recent 180s on DRM and used games, adding in a headset etc. for those of you still not convinced, what would it take?

For me personally, they need to move all third party apps outside of Xbox live gold, and their TV stuff. Let me have a great media experience with my free or paid services without a second payment to MS. Charge me when I want to use multiplayer gaming or some other core service (even game DVR, don't really care about that)

Don't even mind the price. It is steep, but I paid that for PS3
Microsoft?
Nothing, because I won't buy a gaming console of them anymore.
The Xbox360 will be the last system I've purchased from them.
After the XboxOne fiasco, it's over.
I don't like their company policy (if that's the right word for it), how they see the gaming business, what their "videogame future" look like (in their eyes), their hardware, the Kinect story, the NSA stuff (blablah only SKYPE, etc. I know) etc.
Trust is gone. I don't like their firm/company philosophy.

Mupod

Enough games I want to play badly enough in order to justify buying the console.

So, same as every other system.

Drop Kinect and drop the price. Failing that, drop the price. ($399 at the very max if its going to be my sole system. Still wouldn't compare favorably in a price-for-tech conparisib between systems, but I could forgive it if I saw better games, which I don't right now.)

I'd also be hard pressed to go back to paying for Gold in its current state. PS+ has convinced me I should be looking for more from a yearly subscription service, and I want to see MS make good on feature parity here (ie- free games, and not just ancient games).

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Netflix requires Gold so they wouldn't care since you would've given them $500 + $60 a year.

Sorry I should have been clearer, that was my point. At least if you are paying for gold they are getting money off you and there is always a chance you will buy something else.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Drop Kinect.

Lower the price to match lackluster hardware.

Invest in first party development and offer a variety of different games and genres.
I wouldn't use those exact words but basically this. The power of the device needs to be reflected in the price.
It will get good games and that's what I buy systems for, so they need to prove that they can do this.

Fire Steve Ballmer. Free online. No mandatory Kinect. Lower price.

And even then, Microsoft will still have a terrible image. Also, PRISM.

Yoday

Drop Kinect requirement and offer a version without Kinect for $350 or less. The system simply isn't worth as much as the PS4 to me. The Kinect isn't even part of the equation for me, and it never will be. The system is also considerably less powerful than the PS4, and the amount of features locked behind a pay wall means it also provides a lot less value out of the box, as I never intend on paying for XBL again until it provides actual value. So without an XBL account I can't stream content, I can't record content, I can't watch Netflix, I can't watch Hulu, I can't watch Amazon Prime, and I can't use Skype. The system basically becomes nothing but a weak next gen box with a feature set similar to the PS2, as in you can only play offline games, and watch disc based movies.

Blackage

Kinect/Price are the final frontier.

Price will probably correct itself over time.

Kinect I think is probably a sure thing that won't go anywhere, I just have this idea in my mind that there will be commercials/product placement in the Xbone dashboard/marketplace, and it'll be based on what it sees you wearing/eating/talking when you're not playing the console. :p I know that's completely ridiculous, but dear lord would that be brilliant(if not creepy) marketing.

Quasar

I don't know. I don't know they can do anything to get me to buy a Xbone. Not that I have anything against it, just that the PS4 suits me more and I have no interest in owning multiple consoles again.

I wasn't even that upset about the DRM scheme they had to begin with.

lvlzero

Banned
Ill get one a year or two down the line when im sure they wont do finish a 360 on some of those 180s, and when kinect fails enough for them to drop the requirement and thus, much of the price.

You would also have to move me out of Japan too, I am fairly sure if I tried to buy one here after launch the store owners would hit me with the nearest stick.

Dunkers92

Pretty simple really. Drop the price to around the same as the PS4 and get rid of the kinect. Either get rid of kinect or give me something compelling that would make the kinect requirement justified, which for me they haven't done yet

drop kinect, $399, stop putting things like netflix behind the paywall, come packaged with a microphone and show some b-e-a-utiful games in the coming months before launch that can rival the best of what ps4 will have in the coming months before launch.

even then though, it would be hard to sway me with just that. that would put them almost square with sony, but i'd still be looking at sony for my next console.

Raide

Having You-tube, Netflix etc free on the console would certainly convince me more. I will probably be getting one anyone because I like games and the Kinect stuff really does not bother me.

megalowho

Great games, frequent deals, but mostly, time. Has Microsoft built a great gaming console or a Trojan horse for their many fledgling services? Do they focus their investments towards original, creative IP or Interactive TV deals? Time will tell.

Ywap

- Drop Kinect
- Drop Price
- 60 fps requirement for all games to be released on the system.

So no, they probably won´t win me over :)

Drop Kinect, price and pay wall for video and t.v. services.

I am pleased with the changes to indies. I would have never purchased the system with DRM given the value prop.they were trying to sell. But, it would have been nice to see how/if they would have grown it into something attractive to me.

lvlzero

Banned
Oh, and an actual, proper browser, not Internet Explorer that will no doubt force me to use Bing for absolutely everything.

Enough games I want to play badly enough in order to justify buying the console.

So, same as every other system.
Pretty much.

Gonna wait a while and see how the libraries between the PS4 and One stack up. My 360 was my go-to system this last gen, while my PS3 was mainly my Naughty Dog-The Show machine.

If it seems like the games on each system will be the same, I'll probably go with Microsoft first (and possibly only), but a year or so after launch.

Garibaldi

Make better exclusives. The ones they do atm just don't resonant with me. Price reduction would also be nice, but it isn't the be all end all to me.

Zutroy

Remove the Gold paywall, or if you're gonna keep it (and only for multiplayer) then at least add value like Sony is doing.

Also, price lower than the PS4.

Top Bottom