• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Nintendo Collaberation Do You Want Next?

cireza

Fire Emblem Warriors.
Was going to post this.

And Sega x Nintendo game.

Mario & Sonic Racing, Sumo Digital.

Someone posted Splatoon x Jet Set Radio. Would be awesome, even if I have no clue on how you can make a game based on those.

Metroid needs to happen too.

Sin & Punishment remake by whats left of Treasure & Platinum
Super Mario RPG Builders by SE/Dragon Quest Team
Project X Zone 2v2 2D fighter with Nintendo Characters by ASW & 8ing
Eternal Darkness fron Kojima Production & Del Toro (dat irony)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I want Nintendo to get Platinum to make a Takamaru game that uses the art style and more adventure oriented structure of Okami.

Then you probably should play Skyward Sword, because they worked on that. And there's a good chance they're doing work on the new Zelda as well.

Project X Zone was developed in the same branch Takahashi is based (Monolith Tokyo), which worked on Skyward Sword. A Link Between Worlds, etc., were contributed to by the Kyoto branch, but that's still under Takahashi's purview as studio head, as far as I'm aware.
He wasn't involved with any of those things. Or Baiten Kaitos and Disaster. Soma Bringer is the only title he's worked on that wasn't a Xeno game.

ChaosXVI

For a realistic choice:

F-Zero: developed by Sumo Digital. This just seems like a no brainer to me. The Sonic Racing games were both pretty damn good, the latter really doing it's own thing compared to the first which was just a straight up Mario Kart clone. They're a solid developer, and with Nintendo's help I'm sure they could create an F-Zero game worthy of the name. I mainly put this as "realistic" because I recall a team member confirming contact from Nintendo about "an interesting proposition". That was back in 2012 so who knows.

Insanity Choice:

Metroid Prime X - A collaboration between Retro Studios and From Software. Do the Math.

Nintendo x Atlus...a Bowser RPG Dungeon Crawler.

You play as Bowser and have a party consisting of 108 classic Mario enemies, including the Koopalings, and go through randomized dungeons. You can take your entire party with you into each Dungeon, Bowser + all 108 as you collect them over the game, but there's a major twist---Bowser is basically the most powerful party member, and the one who determines a Game Over, with the other party members very limited with one or two moves and paltry HP. Basically each Dungeon requires you to smartly conserve your best party members for the major fights and carefully pick and choose when to use each member. Kind of SMT inspired I'm thinking, but with a visual flair bringing to mind Persona Q.
This sounds great.

Thraktor

This is all out of context. Monolith Soft art staff assisted in some animation and visual assets. They didn't program or design any actual game elements.

He wasn't involved with any of those things. Or Baiten Kaitos and Disaster. Soma Bringer is the only title he's worked on that wasn't a Xeno game.

The poster didn't say they wanted a Zelda game that was designed by Takahashi, they said they wanted a Zelda game that was "worked on" by Monolith, which Skyward Sword was. Saying "Takahashi Monolith" doesn't exactly qualify it much, he's head of the studio, so all Monolith is Takahashi Monolith.

Anyway, I'm dragging things fairly far off topic here. I just think that if you want a Zelda game designed by Takahashi and developed by Monolith, you should say "I want a Zelda game designed by Takahashi and developed by Monolith".

Top Bottom