• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ONE song are you addicted to right now?

Catphish

It's not high art, but my kid turned me onto it, and it's catchy as hell. I find the chorus popping in my head all the time. Great hook and harmonies...

Nakasan

Not ironic, or a joke answer:

I'm loving the change to falsetto from Dennis, and THEN Charlie's funking out with "this thing called matrimony".

Stuck in my head for 3 days now.

Dark Star

best song i've heard this year

post-metal vibes with a great chorus/vocals
some shoegaze influence as well, but super clean production.
really awesome new band.

Last edited:

ILLtown

I've been a fan of Edan's for years and I usually always really like his production. I love the sample used in this track - it's not the first time it's been sampled, but still.

Sampled song: -

God Enel

Agree with J-Roderton J-Roderton i dig this song too.

I don’t know why but I heard this song once and it clicked on me for whatever reason. I’m not a fan of any of the artists/rappers and i think it’s a nothing special but for whatever reason I can’t stop listening. (Caution German)

I'd have to say this has come closest lately. Video reminds me of something Peter Gabriel would have done in the 80s, but I never saw it before today. Song is a nice blend of indie sensibilities and catchy pop appeal.

Kadayi

Banned
Recently replayed Life is Strange and so I've had the soundtrack in my Spotify going for a while. but albeit there are a lot of great tracks in there, I'm really into 'Something good' by Alt-J

Fucked if I get the lyrics, but it's just a great tune.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Its Martin Garrix but its not his usual dance. I really like the epic structure this song has, and it has a nice background story (Mike Yung being a street artist who got picked up by Garrix)

The top addictive song is this one though, primarily because it conveys so many themes, has great pianoplay, and brings you places. Also because this guy is a piano/keyboard/synthmaster who comes up with amazing melodies.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic

Emotional. Song about the US 77th Division in the battle of the Argonne Forest, and their refusal to surrender when under blockade.

liberteer

Neo Member
Digital Evil by Finnish band Bonehunter. Sooooo good. That bass is devastating. It's not on Youtube, though. Might buy it at Bandcamp or stream on Spotify.

jdforge

Banned
Its Martin Garrix but its not his usual dance. I really like the epic structure this song has, and it has a nice background story (Mike Yung being a street artist who got picked up by Garrix)

The top addictive song is this one though, primarily because it conveys so many themes, has great pianoplay, and brings you places. Also because this guy is a piano/keyboard/synthmaster who comes up with amazing melodies.

Thank you for posting these tracks. That is some uplifting life affirming shit right there. Awesome.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Everly Bros. cover used in the Kenneth Anger film "Scorpio Rising"

the original. dig that heavenly organ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom