What other hobbies you beside gaming and movies\tv shows?

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Artist, sculpting, collecting little figures of my interests, writing to name a few

Husky

Aug 13, 2017
The Bowery, Exodus
I collect paintings. I like to own original oil paintings, it adds a textural experience to the piece. People are used to hearing not to touch paintings, but I disagree, the physicality enhances the artwork, and with oil paintings especially they make it easier to follow the artist's direction, where they started and ended. I feel a lot more connected to the paintings that way.
After I've finished moving I plan to start painting. Not interested in profiting off it, I don't care to enter the art world. If they make something that's fine, since I don't plan to hold onto every painting, but I have other career plans.

Writing as well, looks like I'm not alone there. Gone well, I receive a lot of offers. Had some small plays put on.
Reading of course goes with that.

Photography's fun, and I've also had some photos displayed in galleries. I don't mean to imply I'm a big artistic success, it was a teacher that got them into the galleries, but this was also something I turned out to be really good at. Good to think about successes to keep me going. Imagine only dwelling on the failures.

I'm a big YOLOer, would die pursuing living off something I love than sticking with a job I hate, or that I'm just satisfied with. Gotta hang on to the positives with that.

Last edited:

Yakuzakazuya

Sep 26, 2018
Spending time with my wife and daughters when free from work and not gaming. Digital sculpting with Blender is a fairly recent hobby of mine. Love it.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Basketball, my son is a very good player. Cooking at home and professionally, coming up with compelling food. Art, music production and composition with some equipment and instruments. Guns. I like them all, I would have a lot if money were no object. Watches and horological history. Graham Norton and human history or lost human history. Animals, particularly cats.

Jaxx_377

Dec 9, 2014
Canton, MA
Fishing, hiking and Ive had season tickets to the patriots for 25 years.

But even though its not a hobby I work 60 to 70 hours a week so thats where most of my time goes

Y2H

Apr 28, 2013
England, UK
I enjoy walking by myself. I usually go through parks or nature trails although I sometimes roam through the concrete jungle. It's relaxing, clears the mind, and is a nice change of pace compared to playing video games or browsing the Internet all the time.

hargwood

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I like to go to a club where people wee on each other and drink Baileys from a shoe.

EverydayBeast

Aug 18, 2017
Not everything is a hobby, everyone walks, everyone does something occasionally you know, to me, gaming is my only worthy of something being called a “hobby”.

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
I play piano, or at least I attempt to. There was this one time I tried to play La Campanella by Franz Liszt but I passed out...

IKSTUGA

Jan 9, 2019
Listening to political commentary, podcasts, working out, playing the piano and playing board games + D&D. I also used to do improv and sing in band, but now I just stick to drunken karaoke.