• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What other hobbies you beside gaming and movies\tv shows?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I collect paintings. I like to own original oil paintings, it adds a textural experience to the piece. People are used to hearing not to touch paintings, but I disagree, the physicality enhances the artwork, and with oil paintings especially they make it easier to follow the artist's direction, where they started and ended. I feel a lot more connected to the paintings that way.
After I've finished moving I plan to start painting. Not interested in profiting off it, I don't care to enter the art world. If they make something that's fine, since I don't plan to hold onto every painting, but I have other career plans.

Writing as well, looks like I'm not alone there. Gone well, I receive a lot of offers. Had some small plays put on.
Reading of course goes with that.

Photography's fun, and I've also had some photos displayed in galleries. I don't mean to imply I'm a big artistic success, it was a teacher that got them into the galleries, but this was also something I turned out to be really good at. Good to think about successes to keep me going. Imagine only dwelling on the failures.

I'm a big YOLOer, would die pursuing living off something I love than sticking with a job I hate, or that I'm just satisfied with. Gotta hang on to the positives with that.

Last edited:
Spending time with my wife and daughters when free from work and not gaming. Digital sculpting with Blender is a fairly recent hobby of mine. Love it.

highrider

Banned
Basketball, my son is a very good player. Cooking at home and professionally, coming up with compelling food. Art, music production and composition with some equipment and instruments. Guns. I like them all, I would have a lot if money were no object. Watches and horological history. Graham Norton and human history or lost human history. Animals, particularly cats.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Fishing, hiking and Ive had season tickets to the patriots for 25 years.

But even though its not a hobby I work 60 to 70 hours a week so thats where most of my time goes

Y2H

I enjoy walking by myself. I usually go through parks or nature trails although I sometimes roam through the concrete jungle. It's relaxing, clears the mind, and is a nice change of pace compared to playing video games or browsing the Internet all the time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Not everything is a hobby, everyone walks, everyone does something occasionally you know, to me, gaming is my only worthy of something being called a “hobby”.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I play piano, or at least I attempt to. There was this one time I tried to play La Campanella by Franz Liszt but I passed out...

IKSTUGA

Listening to political commentary, podcasts, working out, playing the piano and playing board games + D&D. I also used to do improv and sing in band, but now I just stick to drunken karaoke.

Top Bottom