• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What other offensive content should be cut before the GTA remasters are released?

Unk Adams

Banned
The confederate flag is being cut because of what it symbolizes. However, there is also way more offensive content that can have a negative influence in the current year and needs to be cut before the games are released.

Soundtracks: There are many offensive songs on the soundtracks that include racial slurs and glorify gang violence. The rock and roll should also be cut because it can be considered satanic. All of it should go and be replaced with less problematic modern artists like Lil Nas X and Ariana Grande.

Gangs: All gang references should be cut. Gangs are a serious problem today and this stuff might influence impressionable people to join a gang.

Violence: Many people have been victims of violence. The guns and violence in general should be taken out of these games. Especially since many racist groups such as the Confederate Army used guns and violence to get their points across in the past.

Traffic laws: Many people have become disabled due to bad drivers who don't follow traffic laws. The traffic laws need to be enforced in this game.

Rockstar Games: The name itself is offensive. No one listens to rock anymore but back in the day rockstars were known to be toxic male misogynists which is not acceptable for modern audiences.

Cops: They should be replaced with community workers and therapists in these games.

What else needs to be changed before these games are released so that these are acceptable for modern audiences? I am proud of Rockstar because removing the confederate flag on the dumb redneck character's shirt is a good start but they have much work to do.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Drag Queen No GIF by One Day At A Time

reksveks

What's next? History books?

Sometimes it's the opposite.

P. S I know people will miss the point of the link. But if you don't find a book with the pro's of one thing, then they feel they are unable to host a book with the cons of said thing.

Last edited:
Censorship is bullcrap. Fudge it here we go:

Replace all guns with water balloons. Knives? Machetes? Water balloon that shirt.

Prostitutes are now companions who go on real dates. Not those dates they mean when you meet them on the corner.

No more stealing cars. You borrow them and have to return them in a timely manner.

All curse words are cut like in tv versions of movies. Bullspit/bullshirt, fudge/frick, heck is all we will get.

No killing. Baddies and civilians faint.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
It was offensive how the Jenna Jameson voiced Candy Suxxx in Vice City didn't have a full on uncensored sex scene. Now Rockstar has changed it and we will see it all.

Guilty_AI

all crime and replace it with a daily commute and office work, rename it to
Every day commute
Too conforming with oppressive societal norms that prejudice against fragilized groups. It should be daily commute to trans awareness seminars, all work should be entirely voluntary and done in marginalized communities.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Maybe all the killing? But I guess people don't find mass shootings as offensive as innocent flirting and such. To me murder is about the most offensive thing I can think of.

In real life, that is. In video games I don't give a shit about that, or anything anyone finds offensive. It's fiction.

Last edited:
Nothing. Is anyone genuinely offended at any of it? You must have a stress free life if something so silly can legit offend you. I got too much real life problems to complain about stupid irrelevant meaningless shit like that.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
How about mass murder...

This is so rediculous, just because there is a racist character or symbol in art, it does not mean the creators or the people watching are racists.

There is no argument here its just a fact.

I mean are people going to ban WW2 history books and stories because they have a swastikas and information about the nazis beliefs on a racial hierarchy?

Last edited:
The confederate flag is being cut because of what it symbolizes. However, there is also way more offensive content that can have a negative influence in the current year and needs to be cut before the games are released.

Soundtracks: There are many offensive songs on the soundtracks that include racial slurs and glorify gang violence. The rock and roll should also be cut because it can be considered satanic. All of it should go and be replaced with less problematic modern artists like Lil Nas X and Ariana Grande.

Gangs: All gang references should be cut. Gangs are a serious problem today and this stuff might influence impressionable people to join a gang.

Violence: Many people have been victims of violence. The guns and violence in general should be taken out of these games. Especially since many racist groups such as the Confederate Army used guns and violence to get their points across in the past.

Traffic laws: Many people have become disabled due to bad drivers who don't follow traffic laws. The traffic laws need to be enforced in this game.

Rockstar Games: The name itself is offensive. No one listens to rock anymore but back in the day rockstars were known to be toxic male misogynists which is not acceptable for modern audiences.

Cops: They should be replaced with community workers and therapists in these games.

What else needs to be changed before these games are released so that these are acceptable for modern audiences? I am proud of Rockstar because removing the confederate flag on the dumb redneck character's shirt is a good start but they have much work to do.
I’m surprised you forgot about the problematic male gaze encouraged by short skirt-wearing and bikini-laden cis females throughout the games. This is problematic as it encourages negative stereotypes of women as sex toys and reinforces patriarchal societal misogyny. While female NPCs should be able to wear whatever they want, any attempt by male players to gaze at them should be met with an immediate “game over” or at least a checkpoint reset.
Female prostitution must also be removed from the games for the same reasons.
Any female representation they choose to feature in the games must be based on real-world strong female-identifying brave blue-haired Twitter women warriors with realistic plus-sized body types, and they must be completely immune from any harmful actions attempted by the player-controlled protagonist.
Cause this is what modern mainstream audiences want.
And anyone who disagrees is worse than Hitler.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
None of it offends me, because it's just a game. It's not intended to be serious.

Last edited:
Nothing. Is anyone genuinely offended at any of it? You must have a stress free life if something so silly can legit offend you. I got too much real life problems to complain about stupid irrelevant meaningless shit like that.
Sure, whatever you say, you alt-right, Fox News watching, anti-vax Trumper!

II think that car high jacking should be first on the list, this is a very gratuitous act of violence and it also dignify car culture and co2 emissions.

Have these gangsters take the bus (maybe without ticket? Like real bosses)... It's not because you are a violent gangster that you should give kids a bad example in terms of their co2 emissions.

Top Bottom