• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Playstation 3 Exclusives should I get?

I have the essentials: TLOU, Uncharted, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet & Clank...

What else is there when it comes to exclusives?

Any favorites of yours?

Bolivar687

Banned
Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Demom's Souls, Gran Turismo, Valkyria Chronicles if you haven't played it on PC.

iFirez

inFamous 1 and 2.

You mention Ratchet & Clank, don't forget there are 4 games in that series for PS3: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, Crack in Time and Into the Nexus.

Resistance 1, 2, 3.

El Shaddai.

Aquanaut's Holiday .....is you are lucky enough to find an English version. (Chinese and Korean versions have English dialogue, Japanese doesn't).

71383_front.jpg
I'm playing it as we speak. Amazing game, if you like games like Journey.

I'm a huge fan of the Tales games, would def reccomend Symphonia Chronicles and Graces f (Xillia and Xillia 2 are good too)

sublimit

Banned
Do you also have a PS4?

In any case Demon's Souls,Yakuza 3-5,Folklore,Gran Turismo 5,3D Dot Game Heroes,Shadow of the Colossus/Ico remasters are absolutely essentials.

WaterAstro

Uh well when it comes to PS3 exclusives that aren't on PS4 or has a hint of coming to PS4 (Demon Souls),

Killzone 2 is great. Motorstorms are pretty fun. Really not much because they've been remastering a lot of games.

For PSN games, Critter Crunch is fantastic.

Narasaki

Aquanaut's Holiday .....is you are lucky enough to find an English version. (Chinese and Korean versions have English dialogue, Japanese doesn't).

I'm playing it as we speak. Amazing game, if you like games like Journey.

I wish I could play this game one day. English ver. is super rare and expensive :(

Other games:

- Tokyo Jungle
- Siren Blood Curse
- Catherine (not exclusive but mandatory)
- Wipeout HD
- Katamari Forever
- Dragons Crown
- Armored Core 4 Answer

- Demon's Souls is mandatory but the online is dead right now (servers shutdown in two months and right now they barely function. Better play offline)

Fbh

Yakuza 3-5:
Much like the current games in the franchise these are all a lot of fun with solid gameplay and engaging stories. If you are starting with 3 Keep in mind that the opening hours are a bit of a low point for the franchise, but once the story actually starts moving it's great.

Killzone 2-3:
Not sure if the online modes are still active but the single player is fun and I think worth it for the low price you pay for these games now

Infamous 2:
Honestly, skip the first one. It wasn't that good back then and has aged poorly. Make sure to watch a story summary online though.
But the Sequel is great. They made massive improvements to combat, movement and visuals and it's still one of the most fun open world "superhero" games out there

3D dot Heroes:
Yes, it's a Zelda 1 clone. But it's not some cheap ripoff.
Both the gameplay and level design are great and it has a really cool and unique visual style.

Tokyo Jungle:
Easily my favourite local Coop game of last gen. It's a survival game where you play as various animals and the objective is to live for as long as possible, which means that You'll have to hunt for food, escape predators, reproduce to keep your bloodline going and escape an ever growing toxic mist...all set in a post apocalyptic tokyo.
It also keeps increasing the dangers in an enjoyably over the top way. So in the early stages you might be fighting packs of wolves but by the end you'll be fighting lions, sneaking past gorillas and escaping from Raptors.
It also constantly keeps rewarding you by unlocking new animals so it's constantly making you want to play "just one more run"

Malio

Demon's Souls
Ni No Kuni
God of War 3
Uncharted
The Last of Us

Tokyo Jungle was pretty funny too.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Last Guy came to mind. I actually never played it, but it always looked good.

Linger in Shadows is worth a YouTube watch. It stood out a few years ago, but i didn't see the value in it after purchasing it. It's mainly for nostalgia purposes only.

FireCloud

Folklore (Folksoul - jp)
Heavenly Sword (really...might want to play it early on)
Ni no kuni
Killzone 2
Demon's Souls
Warhawk (it is still active)

sublimit

Banned
Modnation Racers is one of the best kart racing games as well.

Thank you.Now i feel stupid that i forgot to mention that. One of my favourite kart racers ever.Spent tons of hours on local MP with my friends and we had tons of fun.Also the amount and quality of free content (tracks,character and car skins) that was made by users was insane!

If only United Front Games was still around to make a proper sequel for PS4... :(

camaropilot

There were a lot of great exclusives on PS3. I know some of these are already listed but below is a list of exclusive games that I personally really enjoyed and are not remastered on the PS4 currently:

Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Resistance Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Twisted Metal
Starhawk
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty
Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus
Metal Gear Solid 4
Sly Cooper 4
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Everyday Shooter
Pixeljunk Eden
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Infamous 1
Infamous 2
Infamous: Festival of Blood
3D Dot Game Heroes
Tokyo Jungle
Demon's Souls
Ni No Kuni
Little Big Planet 2
Puppeteer

Some honorable mentions:

Folklore
Heavenly Sword
Motorstorm 1
Socom 4

Of course there are many more great 3rd party games, tons of PS2 remasters, and a lot of great PS3 exclusives that got ported to PS4. The PS3 truly has an amazing library, just wish games installed faster...

PaulBizkit

Ok, these are some of the best PS3 exclusives. I'll highlight what I can recommend you, OP

Demon's Souls
Drakengard 3
Folklore (video game)
Gran Turismo 6
Haze
Heavenly Sword
The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Infamous
Infamous 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
The Last of Us
Last Rebellion
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Rain
Resistance 3
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Wipeout HD
Yakuza 4

Eirulan

A lot good games were already mentioned.
I recommend the pixeljunk games, all of them! The one I liked the most was Pixeljunk Eden.

radewagon

Ok, these are some of the best PS3 exclusives. I'll highlight what I can recommend you, OP

Demon's Souls
Drakengard 3
Folklore (video game)
Gran Turismo 6
Haze
Heavenly Sword
The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Infamous
Infamous 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
The Last of Us
Last Rebellion
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Rain
Resistance 3
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Wipeout HD
Yakuza 4

Such a long list. Glad you mentioned Folklore. That's such a neat little gem of a game. Motion controls that don't suck and a cool art style reminiscent of Guillermo Del Toro's work.

Im gonna say avoid folklore or atleast put it in the back half of your list, some decent mechanics but overall a very middling game. I listened to gafhype and got it, its okay, nothing great as the hype makes you expect it to be.

Check out puppeteer too

Top Bottom