• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What PS4 and Xbox One games with horrible performance do you look forward to trying on PS5 and Series X?

If I understand correctly, both new consoles are mostly going to run games from the previous generations at perfect locked framerates. It does sound like they'll be limited to 30 FPS if the game was set to not go over 30. But otherwise most games should support up to 60 FPS, even without an update, as long as there was a mode that featured an unlocked framerate.

Rather than just listing Bloodborne again, though, what games can you think of that were just about unplayable before? Just Cause 3 was a good example, but that's already been previewed in a video. That game may only run at 30 FPS, but at least now it will be a solid 30 FPS. Before it felt fairly unplayable every time explosions would be going off. So what games are you looking forward to trying that haven't been previewed yet?

NXGamer NXGamer if you're interested in making another backwards compatible video, this thread might be of interest to you as a "most improved games" concept. If not, thanks for the coverage so far.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Until Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima and RDR2. Played them all on the base PS4 which I still have and the frame rate dips especially with Until Dawn (low 20's) really ruined the experience for me although I still loved the game. So I'm looking forward to playing all of them on PS5 at a locked 60FPS.

Last edited:

retsof624

Just Cause 3, Control, Jedi Fallen Order and borderlands 3 (load times were atrocious on consoles)

I was enjoying all of these games but I couldn’t look past the performance issues I experienced. So it’ll be good to finally finish these games on the Series X.

Dane

If I had a Series I would try out AC Rogue and Liberation X360 versions because apparently Ubisoft didn't patch to frame lock at 30 FPS like they did with AC3 and 4. Also GTA IV had not good performance even on One X.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
If I had a Series I would try out AC Rogue and Liberation X360 versions because apparently Ubisoft didn't patch to frame lock at 30 FPS like they did with AC3 and 4. Also GTA IV had not good performance even on One X.
You've inspired me to make this
BcNxmn7.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I'm hoping Vampyr gets a boost. Haven't seen it being tested or mentioned. It has some distracting performance issues, lots of annoying frame dips. It's a criminally underrated game, so I hope it can shine on the new consoles.

Aion002

Maybe Mass Effect Andromeda and Agents of Mayhem.

I bought both on the ps4, Andromeda at launch and Mayhem complete edition in a sale for 3 usd, I played 3 or 4 hours each and couldn't stand some technical issues (tearing and frame drops), both seems bad so I decided to not buy them on pc, on ps5 I might give them another chance.... Sometimes bad games can be relatively fun.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Depends, I doubt I'll return to the likes of Assassin's Creed Unity or Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Even if they are locked 60fps
They still gonna look like muddy shit at 900p

Kingdom Hearts 3 at full 4K60 via backwards compat would probably give that long sought “you’re playing a Pixar move” experience.

Larxia

Bloodborne...will take any kind of improvement I can get.
Bloodborne is a lost cause unless something is actually patched for it. The performance issues are more related to bad frametimes rather than frame drops, so brute forcing it won't really do anything.

TheSweeper

I'm hoping Vampyr gets a boost. Haven't seen it being tested or mentioned. It has some distracting performance issues, lots of annoying frame dips. It's a criminally underrated game, so I hope it can shine on the new consoles.

On one of the podcasts I listen to a dude tested this game and said it still doesn't run that well. He suspects that the game engine has some issues that brute force can't fix.

Can't remember which podcast it was. Maybe Xbox two?

Killer8

Looking forward to playing God of War in locked 60fps. I couldn't stand either mode on PS4 Pro - 30fps locked feels too low for GOW, and I hated the variable ~45fps of performance mode.

Other than that, i'd like to see how the extra power affects the dynamic resolution in the Nioh games. I'm eager to play Nioh 2 but i'm getting tired of waiting for the PC version (if it arrives at all).

bender

What time is it?
Until Dawn. I've been meaning to do another playthrough and glad I skipped dong so in October.

SkylineRKR

Control is on top of my list because I quit playing at some point. Not b/c of perf (which frankly is rather bad), but because I wanted to wait for the next-gen version.

Sorne

I WAS looking forward to playing Dark Souls 3 on the Series X, but apparently From has locked the frame rate to 30 fps in the Xbox version..

Thanks, From.

Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima both have terrible performance on base so I stopped playing both.

Attack on Titan on X1X was 60fps but drops to 30-40 which can be super disorientating so again I abandoned it although it's definitely further down the backlog.

Jedi Fallen Order had a really annoying stutter that maybe won't be fixed as it wasn't the frame rate but I'll try it.

Maybe Evil Within 2 as again the frame rate jumped around.

vkbest

Until Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima and RDR2. Played them all on the base PS4 which I still have and the frame rate dips especially with Until Dawn (low 20's) really ruined the experience for me although I still loved the game. So I'm looking forward to playing all of them on PS5 at a locked 60FPS.
RDR2 is 30fps, Rockstar will not patch

Kokoloko85

The last Guardian
Jedi Fallen Order
RDR2

but I really want DeathStrannding and TLOU2 60fps (even though they ran well on PS4 )

Kupfer

I'm waiting to play Metro Exodus on Series X . The load times are atrocious on The One X.
I know it's locked 30FPS and not "horrible" and the PS5 probably won't make it any better, but I'd love to play Metro Exodus in 4k60 or even 1080p60.
Also Ghost of Tsushima. I'm still in my first playthrough and thought about pausing it until my Ps5 arrives.
IF RDR2 should get a patch for better visuals and framerate, I'd play that game again as well.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Quantum Break for me, that ran like shit on my One X, heaps of freezes although that could be from quick resume but it was still bad.

Mojoraisin

RDR2 is 30fps, Rockstar will not patch
Is that confirmed? Wouldn’t be surprised if true, but was really hoping they’d allow 4K with unlocked frames via a patch. The PS4 pro treatment in IQ left a lot to be desired. Will get majorly pissed at them if they try to sell us the same game over and over. It’s going to be harder to get away with it this time than from ps3/xbox360 to xbone/ps4.

Also looking forward to playing Days Gone. I got it but never got around to playing it and will now wait for PS5.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fallout 4, if the 60FPS of this game is a real thing. Also Just Cause 3, 4 and Control.

vkbest

Fallout 4, if the 60FPS of this game is a real thing. Also Just Cause 3, 4 and Control.

Fallout 4 is 30fps, was tested already, XSX is getting a patch for 60fps, but don’t expect that patch in PS5 when Bethesda is being absorbed to MS

The most games from PSN collection is practically identical to PS4 Pro version, only Days Gone and games with unlocked framerate is getting improved framerate (FF XV, God of War and Until Dawn). I seriously surprised people believe shitty marketing. For Sony a game such as Persona 5 where drop to 29 FPS 1 time on 100 hours and now is 30fps locked is a enhanced game

Is that confirmed? Wouldn’t be surprised if true, but was really hoping they’d allow 4K with unlocked frames via a patch. The PS4 pro treatment in IQ left a lot to be desired. Will get majorly pissed at them if they try to sell us the same game over and over.

Also looking forward to playing Days Gone. I got it but never got around to playing it and will now wait for PS5.

XSX version is 30fps. Why release a patch, when Rockstar can release a remaster and million of people will buy it? GTA is getting other remaster for PS5.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fallout 4 is 30fps, was tested already. The most games from PSN collection is practically identical to PS4 Pro version, only Days Gone and games with unlocked framerate is getting improved framerate (FF XV, God of War and Until Dawn). I seriously surprised people believe shitty marketing. For Sony a game such as Persona 5 where drop to 29 FPS 1 time on 100 hours and now is 30fps locked is a enhanced game

XSX version is 30fps. Why release a patch, when Rockstar can release a remaster and million of people will buy it? GTA is getting other remaster for PS5.

Mojoraisin

Right, true it’s 30. 60 might be a stretch for 4K even on new consoles, but “should” work. I guess that’s the remaster then. Not giving rockstar my money again unless they add quite a lot of content to the story/separate story which seems unlikely with “new” Rockstar.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What PS4 and Xbox One games with horrible performance do you look forward to trying on PS5 and Series X... with horrible performance?

Bloodborne.

Top Bottom