• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What relaxes you the most?

Dark Star

similarly, smoking some good weed while enjoying high quality food/drink (preferably in the comfort of my home, by myself)

binge-watching my favorite film series or tv show sure does the trick for me.
give me friday, saturday and sunday undisturbed, and bluray editions of LOTR 1-3... i'm a relaxed man lol

listening to music on a good sound system, speakers, subwoofer is so amazing, and right up there.
i produce/compose music as well, and that is not so relaxing (actually very frustrating at times, but being able to listen to my final mix/master track or collection of finished tracks is something else ... euphoric.)

people/parties tend to stress me out (too worried about being hospitable and catering to their needs)
videogames tend to stress me out (mostly because i play horror and difficult action games haha)

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Weed, basketball, good half court game, push-ups and sit-ups, creative expression, mostly art but also the dumb songs I make on garage band. And being in nature, the woods.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
The string of rope i have in my shed.

Dark humour aside, a good movie. A right comment. A great book.

JimiNutz

Banned
Getting really high on some good Indica, putting on some music, eating a hearty meal and then cuddling up into a little ball with my dogs and taking an epic Sunday afternoon nap.

Patrick S.

Banned
Fridays. Back from work, shoes off, dinner, family goes to bed, turn off lights, put on headphones, turn on PC, 3 a.m. here I come!

I dont get enough chances to do it but a nice sauna with a jump into a lake is always refreshing.

I'm usually the last one to bed in our house, each night i will check on the girls in their room, check on my wife and then have a beer. Thats my nightly routine and on times i have to travel for work i have trouble sleeping and i tend to wonder if they are all ok etc Knowing they are all ok relaxes me the most

Graven

Listening to some jazz fusion/nu jazz/jazz hop when no one is around, specially on a chilly day.

One of the rare moments i feel truly at peace.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Psychedelic or experimental rock. The War on Drugs and Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter do it best.
My favorite movies work well too, as does plenty of other music, but psychedelic rock has a way of totally slowing down time for me.

Last edited:

mekes

I find some things that give an adrenaline rush really relaxing. Roller coasters, skydiving, playing squash. At home playing the piano definitely relaxes me, music through headphones, a long bath.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing beats my lovely kittens. Having a kitten on your lap purring loudly is the perfect way to forget about every problem I ever had.

LMJ

I'll be honest no matter how upset or angry I get there is one thing that always soothes me and that is this song

Dire Docks from Mario 64 soooooo relaxing lol

wondermega

I really super hate the mornings... EVERY day, but standing in the shower with the basically-scalding hot water flowing down my back helps to take the edge off and help me get moving.

Ichabod

Banned
Listening to my favorite podcasts with a nice cup of coffee and a bagel w/ cream cheese while playing a game I can just zone out and grind to.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I don’t know if I’ve ever truly been relaxed. Or it’s been so long I can’t pinpoint one situation where I’d describe myself as most relaxed. Maybe at one point certain situations would have, but I don’t know anymore.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Sleep, a good movie or book, playing a videogame I enjoy, a walk outdoors while listening to music, hanging out with my best friend, and praying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom