• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remaster should be release at this point

KàIRóS

Still waiting on Xenogears and Xenosaga Trilogy HD.

WN0OXi3.jpg
TLS2PlU.png
0iwnYsP.jpg
w3MpcUL.jpg

Someone at Square Enix and Bamco should throw the idea and make it happen already, more people need to experience the amazing storytelling in those games.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'd love to see the 3D GTA Trilogy released, remastered. GTA III, GTA VC and GTA SA.
Im almost inclined to believe that these would need to be straight up remade. The controls are just so awful and haven't aged at all. Whats weird is that all 3 GTA games are playable on PS4, but only San Andreas (360 BC version) is playable on X1.

Last edited:

Holgren

I want to say Mother series but I'm afraid today's graphic + VA would make it too cheesy.

Last edited:

NahaNago

the god of war collection from ps3 should have been remastered as well as infamous. Megaman legends and megaman battle network collections would have been nice since we got all of those others this gen.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora’s Mask
-Mario 64 with an extensive control revamp

Starsky & Hutch (ps2)
Pain (ps3)
Split / Second (X360)
And yeah, Max Payne 3 is a top 20 game of last gen. Definitely worth a remaster.

lem0n

Im almost inclined to believe that these would need to be straight up remade. The controls are just so awful and haven't aged at all. Whats weird is that all 3 GTA games are playable on PS4, but on San Andreas (360 BC version) is playable on X1.

I just recently finished a playthrough of GTA VC, and I don't remember the camera being as bad as it was. Perhaps I'm just spoiled now with adequate controls in pretty much every game, but it was a struggle. Especially in tight quarters.. SA still stands up though. They improved a lot of control issues I have with VC on SA for sure.

As far as only SA being on Xbox it must be because III and VC are straight PS2 ports. There are mobile ports they could use to put on XB1 (like they did with SA) but I'm not sure how difficult that is.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just recently finished a playthrough of GTA VC, and I don't remember the camera being as bad as it was. Perhaps I'm just spoiled now with adequate controls in pretty much every game, but it was a struggle. Especially in tight quarters.. SA still stands up though. They improved a lot of control issues I have with VC on SA for sure.

As far as only SA being on Xbox it must be because III and VC are straight PS2 ports. There are mobile ports they could use to put on XB1 (like they did with SA) but I'm not sure how difficult that is.
It ain't difficult and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point.
Technically, III and VC are emulated versions of the PS2.

Dthomp

I'm gonna sound like the old man yelling at the cloud, but I'm sick of remasters at this point. This whole gen has been littered with them. I want studios to focus on new ideas not spending years remaking something from 1 or 2 gens ago.

iconmaster

Banned
I'm gonna sound like the old man yelling at the cloud, but I'm sick of remasters at this point. This whole gen has been littered with them. I want studios to focus on new ideas not spending years remaking something from 1 or 2 gens ago.

I get it, but i look at it this way: it’s a for-profit game preservation model. Games that would otherwise eventually be lost as the hardware required to play them disappears can go on being played in some form.

Of course the ideal would be for publishers to support true games preservation through ongoing emulation efforts but that’s unlikely without the profit incentive.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Im almost inclined to believe that these would need to be straight up remade. The controls are just so awful and haven't aged at all. Whats weird is that all 3 GTA games are playable on PS4, but only San Andreas (360 BC version) is playable on X1.

Rockstar cashing in again on Playstation, 3 & VC where only released on the OG xbox so we would need to await a free remaster for those don' know how many people would be accepting when they could give them to xbox for backwards for free, 4K improvement would be nice. Still have them both on OG xbox the step up at the time was insane, came in a duel silver case thing.

Paltheos

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is the greatest game Atlus has produced and its availability is... limited. .... I was thinking a remaster would be nice but I am a little concerned: 1) The fogginess of the PS2 design actually contributes to the game's appeal; 2) Modern Atlus throws waifus into everything, so I'm a little concerned they could muck around with the story or worse the art design (which is not without precedent for them unfortunately). I'd really like to see SMT: Nocturne remastered but by an Atlus with some moderation.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is the greatest game Atlus has produced and its availability is... limited. .... I was thinking a remaster would be nice but I am a little concerned: 1) The fogginess of the PS2 design actually contributes to the game's appeal; 2) Modern Atlus throws waifus into everything, so I'm a little concerned they could muck around with the story or worse the art design (which is not without precedent for them unfortunately). I'd really like to see SMT: Nocturne remastered but by an Atlus with some moderation.
Yap, remaster! This absolutely DOES NOT need to be remake.

Edit: also Nocturne already has greatest Waifu.....
1345642b8c819dcd4477d69d8a58d3a6.jpg

Last edited:

Paltheos

Yap, remaster! This absolutely DOES NOT need to be remake.

Edit: also Nocturne already has greatest Waifu.....
1345642b8c819dcd4477d69d8a58d3a6.jpg

Yeah, but that's why this is a pipe dream. Modern Atlus doesn't just port anything. Radiant Historia and Strange Journey both saw those changes when they came to the 3DS. Catherine and Personas 4 and 5 all added more waifus in their new iterations.

That Chiaki design is still wild, man. Her story resonated the least with me, but the setup is convincing and the final results are hardcore.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, but that's why this is a pipe dream. Modern Atlus doesn't just port anything. Radiant Historia and Strange Journey both saw those changes when they came to the 3DS. Catherine and Personas 4 and 5 all added more waifus in their new iterations.

That Chiaki design is still wild, man. Her story resonated the least with me, but the setup is convincing and the final results are hardcore.
To be fair the Nocturne we got also upgrade version of original Nocturne only got released in Japan. Every Atlus games have upgrade version.

Paltheos

To be fair the Nocturne we got also upgrade version of original Nocturne only got released in Japan. Every Atlus games have upgrade version.

Absolutely, but it was the best kind of update. New dungeon, new demons, new story tidbits, and it all fits seamlessly into the game's aesthetic. The only objection I have is how strong some of the additions here - Despite the other bug and balance fixes I think Maniax shatters the game balance. The candelabra demons are too strong. In particular Daisoujou but the others too to a lesser degree. His Nocturne iteration is one of the most busted fighters in SMT history because he breaks all the rules of the game world.

... That said, yeah, all good content. It's just what Atlus does change hasn't always been stellar but I could be wrong here - They could just leave all the art and direction alone. It's probably a taller order than making the changes done for relatively smaller games like Radiant HIstoria and Strange Journey. They tend to leave the style of their bigger, 3D games the same.

I'm honestly surprised that Sony hasn't remastered more PS3 games, like all of the collections, every Motorstorm game, etc.

But I really want to see games like Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and DK64. I'm sure Miyamoto wouldn't want Nintendo to touch DK64 again but it's not for good reason IMO. Other than that, definitely Skies of Arcadia (and a sequel!).

trikster40

A Morrowind or Skyrim remaster would be awesome. Or even a Daggerfall if they want to reach back in their vault and bring that story to modern audiences.

I’d also love a Heavenly Sword remaster.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Rebirth/Destiny R/Destiny 2

tales_of_rebirth_image9.jpg

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Dirge of Cerberus:

24uzbnloto721.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Xenosaga Trilogy

xenosaga-episode-iii-kos-mos.png

Radiata Stories:

radiata-stories-20050519060700965.jpg

dAtaSTaTic

Neo Member
Radient Silvergun
Skies of Arcadia
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Powerstone
Blue Stinger
Super Mario Galaxy / Sunshine
F-Zero
and obviously Demon Souls.

Hostile_18

Banned
Not too much left I want now apart from these gems;

Deus Ex (PC)
Alpha Protocol
Deadly Premonition
Alan Wake
Demon Souls
Resident Evil 3

Silent Hill collection (and don't miss the first game lol)

Zannegan

Donkey Kong 64: an updated artstyle, a few QoL fixes (like collecting each colored banana only once and crystal coconuts not kicking you out of the level) and the game would actually be enjoyable to play. Collectathon-y, but enjoyable.

Get Grezzo on it.

Top Bottom