• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remaster should be release at this point

molasar

Banned
78637-wave-race-64-kawasaki-jet-ski-nintendo-64-front-cover.png

MV5BMGQwNmQ3YzMtMzA1OC00MGRiLWEyZDUtYTZhYmZkN2E1NTVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQzMjU1NjE@._V1_.jpg

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
The Last Story, Pandora’s Tower, Chrono games, Alan Wake (with the DLC), Baten Kaitos, Pikmin 3, Valkyrie Profile series, Vagrant Story, FFV, FFVI, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zone of the Enders, SOCOM 1-4...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Demon's Souls would look incredible simply upscaled with minimal touch ups and texture work. the design in that game is fantastic. i think it is highly overlooked simply bc you can only play it on the old system. it would be great to experience that cool game world again, with fresh online, and maybe some added features.

Donkey Kong 64: an updated artstyle, a few QoL fixes (like collecting each colored banana only once and crystal coconuts not kicking you out of the level) and the game would actually be enjoyable to play. Collectathon-y, but enjoyable.

Get Grezzo on it.
That would be great.

Damn, where did the years go.

Saber

Gold Member
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Red Dead Redemption
Shinning Force 3
Tomb Raider(first one for PC)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Eclesia and Harmony of Dissonance

FeldMonster

• Crazy Taxi Trilogy
  • Soul Calibur III
  • 4 AKI Wrestling Games (WCW vs. NWO World Tour through WWF No Mercy)
  • Uniracers
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  • Need For Speed Underground 1 & 2, Hot Pursuit 2, and Most Wanted
  • Army of Two
  • Star Wars Jedi Power Battles

Tenaciousmo

Castlevania: Harmony of despair
Ps3 yakuzas
No more heroes 1&2
Nier
Katamari
Puppeteer

Never had the chance to play those and gave my sister my old ps3.

kostasfil

Neo Member
Mario Galaxy 1+2 hd
Metroid prime trilogy
Eternal Darkness
Panzer Dragoon saga
Burning Rangers
Shadowhearts series
Star wars: rogue leader series
Croc 1+2 (it would need a remake and not only remaster)

I know most of them will never become true. But i stay behind these games and i request a remaster of them, because you never know...

EDMIX

Remake, not remaster:

Nier

Demons Souls

Persona 4

Xenosaga trilogy

Eternal Darkness

Primal

Well to be fair, the thread does say remaster. If anything, you could make a remake thread.

Demon Souls might be more likely as Blue point could put that in a new engine, Persona 4....I mean sure, but if they'd do a remake they might start with Persona 1 and make it like 3 and 4 are.

Paasei

Anything that doesn't have a PC version.
Pretty much this.

So many people saying Fallout 3/NV and Deus Ex: HR. 3 games that are still very playable on PC. No need to remaster those.

The first RDR is the only real answer here for PC gamers.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Ultimate Spider-Man

It could look really good in HD and with better draw distance. Remaster would be great but I wish they would release the PS2 version on PS4 at least.

Off the top of my head.
  • Mario 64
  • Mario RPG
  • Zelda : A Link to the Past
  • Shadowman
  • Extreme G 2
  • Turok Dinosaur Hunter
  • Halo 3
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Goldeneye
  • Quake
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Redneck Rampage
  • Gunforce
  • Cyborg Justice
  • Flashback

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I guess we should also think about which actually have a chance of this happening. For example, I honestly don't believe we will get Demon's souls. I really really really want it but I don't think we're getting it.

Well to be fair, the thread does say remaster. If anything, you could make a remake thread.

Demon Souls might be more likely as Blue point could put that in a new engine, Persona 4....I mean sure, but if they'd do a remake they might start with Persona 1 and make it like 3 and 4 are.

There is still some confussion going on about what is remaster and what is remake. That's why I said I'd rather have remake of those but I 'd buy them remastered just the same.

I add the Drakengard trilogy, as somebody said before.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would LOVE that but in era when people obsessing over about everything needs to be politically correct, original Drakengard will be heavily censored or entirely change the story and characters.

EDMIX

There is still some confussion going on about what is remaster and what is remake. That's why I said I'd rather have remake of those but I 'd buy them remastered just the same.

Agreed, but the fact that you know a remake to be a different thing only shows you might want to make a remake thread then.

I'd have lots of games to list on it lol

I'd LOVE a remake of Drakengard, thats such a underrated PS2 game.

TacosNSalsa

I'm probably one of the few people on the planet , let alone this board, that would want this remade. I'm probably remembering it through rose tinted glasses but think I genuinely enjoyed it . My girlfriend at the time sure did and while she played it she would even sit on my fac...couch...
8JoC0j8.jpg

EDMIX

I'm probably one of the few people on the planet , let alone this board, that would want this remade. I'm probably remembering it through rose tinted glasses but think I genuinely enjoyed it . My girlfriend at the time sure did and while she played it she would even sit on my fac...couch...
8JoC0j8.jpg

Angry_Megalodon Angry_Megalodon ok, its time now, make yo thread A.M lol I'd love to just talk about remakes in regards to what we'd change, keep etc.

I'd want to see this remade too using the current Persona art direction and maybe a remaster of the original as a special edition extra.

Danjin44

I'd LOVE a remake of Drakengard, thats such a underrated PS2 game.
You and me both, but we both know in current time there is no way they let this game come out unless it’s heavily censored or change it entirely and if that’s case I rather not see remaster/remake version.

n0razi

Xenogears and Parasite Eve please

Oh and Nier (OG) desperately needs an update with better textures and QoL improvements

Last edited:

Danjin44

Angry_Megalodon Angry_Megalodon

I'd want to see this remade too using the current Persona art direction and maybe a remaster of the original as a special edition extra.
I think if there is remaster or remake of this game I'm pretty sure Masayuki Doi(SMTIV) will be doing the art rather than Shigenori Soejima (P3-5 and Catherine).

Ozrimandias

As most of you said , i think that

- Demons Souls
- Fallout 3 and New Vegas
- Max Payne 3
- MGS4 (or the entire legacy collection)
- Dead Space Trilogy
- Killzone 2 & 3

Airbus Jr

Banned
Reading all these list makes me feels old...

Because theres game much more ancient then any of those that i want so bad..

Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden Remake/Remaster...

Last edited:

n0razi

Reading all these list makes me feels old...

Because theres game much more ancient then any of those that i want so bad..

I feel like the N64/PS1 era games are the best candidates for a remaster since they had crude 1st gen 3D. Anything older than that is mostly 2D art that loses charm when updated to 3D or is so old that it would lose its identity with a massive remaster (Monkey island comes to mind)

Last edited:

EDMIX

As most of you said , i think that

- Demons Souls
- Fallout 3 and New Vegas
- Max Payne 3
- MGS4 (or the entire legacy collection)
- Dead Space Trilogy
- Killzone 2 & 3

I'm still shocked no Dead Space Trilogy or Mass Effect Trilogy, I mean...EA out of all publishers should be all over that! lol

If its 2013 and the new generation is about to start and you ask me by the end of next gen, what remaster would I 100% call is going to happen or I'd die a painful death...it would be EA remastering Mass Effect series in some collection. Bioware/Pandemic was an expensive buy for them and I'd expect them to seek to recoup before releasing the new gen Mass Effect as we all knew it was happening as in development. To put this in perspective.

New generation starts 2013
Mass Effect 3 released 2012

So it was still fresh in the minds of consumers and the series is massive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom