• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remaster should be release at this point

hunthunt

Banned
A final expanded Silent Hill 2 with a revamped (and hopefully playable this time) combat..

Now that would make me buy even the worse console of the generation.

D3SCHA1N

Timesplitters
Silenthill
Fallout 3 + New Vegas

If EA is never gonna give me a new Skate game, at least make the old ones available!

This. Remaster or remake skate.3 if they're never gonna make a skate.4. Pretty much everything listed in this thread has new iterations or other games of a similar style, but there have been no good skateboarding games this gen, and honestly session doesn't look as good as the skate games were. Skate is about the only game EA could make that would make me interested in anything they have to offer. I might try that jedi game respawn is making but other than that EA ain't got $#!+...

8bitpill

Gold Member
Demon souls is the correct answer. It should be the #1 game to get done. It should go to all platforms too so more can bask in its greatness

It has been 10 years since it's release and paved the way for the Soulsborne series. I thought late last year it would bee annouced. I think they will still make it happen for the PS4. Since the PS4 has at least quiet a few more years of life in it before they really start focusing on the PS5.

Only reason I see it taking more time is a possible remake in stead of a re master.

Ellery

For me it is more about being able to play certain games on 1 console than it is about the actual remaster-treatment.

Games I would love to play on PS4/5 :

- Silent Hill 1,2,3,4 (but honestly just give me all of them)
- Resident Evil 1,2,3
- Metal Gear Solid Collection
- Demon's Souls

There are many more but those are my highest priority.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
It has been 10 years since it's release and paved the way for the Soulsborne series. I thought late last year it would bee annouced. I think they will still make it happen for the PS4. Since the PS4 has at least quiet a few more years of life in it before they really start focusing on the PS5.

Only reason I see it taking more time is a possible remake in stead of a re master.
I'd be ok with either in all honesty. Just give me the 6th archstone.

D7im

This game
2wWwbDj.jpg

daveonezero

Banned
Don’t think anyone mentioned Rogue Squadron Trilogy.

I think on giantbomb Or other podcast the Factor 5 guy said they had hi res and poly assists for an HD game already done they wanted to release on Wii.

- Max Payne 3

Max Payne 3 on PC is still a fine looking game. But I could see an update.

Max Payne 1 and 2 desperatly need remasters. The versions that are currently available on Steam are almost unplayable in their un-modded state. Both games need to be patched with fan patches to make them function properly.

These games need the Nightdive Studios treatment. The games are fine with their original assets and models. But they could be cleaned up and made more presentable with custom resolutions (proper widescreen resolutions), graphic novel scenes and menus that don't change resolution, proper working audio (an issue with Max Payne 1) , and maybe even some gamepad support?

On one hand, it is always great to have access to the untouched originals. But for people who just want to experience some of Remedy's older works, they will run into all sorts of issues (especially with Max Payne 1), and most will not know how to solve them or be bothered to.

Last edited:

Rodolink

Ace Combat Zero
Armored Core For Answer
Vagrant Story
Vagrant Story \m/

-IGAvanias compilation :messenger_sunglasses:
-Xenogears
-HL1
-Most middle age 3d games deserve a remaster since games from that time had a hard time aging, blurred textures, low resolutions etc

-And the one nobody wants but me Skyward Sword HD (I want to replay it but the shitty Wii resolution make sit impossible to my eyes now, and dont like emulation of wii games)

Ozrimandias

Max Payne 3 on PC is still a fine looking game. But I could see an update.

Max Payne 1 and 2 desperatly need remasters. The versions that are currently available on Steam are almost unplayable in their un-modded state. Both games need to be patched with fan patches to make them function properly.

These games need the Nightdive Studios treatment. The games are fine with their original assets and models. But they could be cleaned up and made more presentable with custom resolutions (proper widescreen resolutions), graphic novel scenes and menus that don't change resolution, proper working audio (an issue with Max Payne 1) , and maybe even some gamepad support?

On one hand, it is always great to have access to the untouched originals. But for people who just want to experience some of Remedy's older works, they will run into all sorts of issues (especially with Max Payne 1), and most will not know how to solve them or be bothered to.

Nostalgia got me and wanted to play some Max Payne and Max Payne 2 some months ago......... man facing reality was bad, really bad.

The worst parts where the control, those controls, movement, gunplay aged pretty terrible.

Quasicat

I would love a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster, but mainly for the controls. I love the way 2 and 3 play as opposed to the first one. Graphically, I think it stands up nicely for the PS3/360 generation.

Fox Mulder

A Metal Gear Solid collection not being on current consoles besides maybe being BC on xb1 is pretty dumb. It's literally free money Konami is leaving on the table.

My PS4 pro died the other day so I've gone to last gen. Dead Space was fucking great.

Nostalgia got me and wanted to play some Max Payne and Max Payne 2 some months ago......... man facing reality was bad, really bad.

The worst parts where the control, those controls, movement, gunplay aged pretty terrible.

I never had any issues with the controls. But then again, I am talking about the PC versions, which use standard WASD/ mouse setup. But game pad support would be nice, though. For me, the problems with the versions on Steam is that they don't play nice with modern OS's and require a few fan made patches to get them to work properly.

Last edited:

3March

Banned
All of Ninja Gaiden in one little neat package.

It would also be awesome if in games, you could switch gameplay and graphics.

Like, say, Ninja Gaiden Black gameplay, with Ninja Gaiden Sigma graphics.

Or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 gameplay, with Ninja Gaiden 2 graphics.

Don't release OG NG3 on the collection though, just Razor's Edge.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Vampire savior HD remaster
Street fighter 3.3 HD remaster
Street fighter zero 2 HD remaster
Capcom VS snk 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 6
Albert odyssey
Lost odyssey
Blue dragon
Silent hill
Resident evil code veronica
Plus many more...

mekes

I'd happily take a PGR game, CVS2, a competent version of the silent hill games, xenogears and perhaps an upgraded version of Driveclub once next gen hits.

DerFuggler

SEGA should remaster Shinobi and Nightshade for PC/current gen while EA releases the Mass Effect Trilogy on Switch (and wherever else, I guess) without the inclusion of lootboxes.

Boss Mog

If they're not gonna give us a new Splinter Cell, at least remaster Blacklist for fuck's sake. It came out a few months before next gen and a lot of people skipped it to save up for next gen.

Ulysses 31

If they're not gonna give us a new Splinter Cell, at least remaster Blacklist for fuck's sake. It came out a few months before next gen and a lot of people skipped it to save up for next gen.
Just play it at 4K 60+ fps on a PC or get the Xbox One X version? :lollipop_grinning:

Last edited:
None.

Absolutely none whatsoever.

Remasters are a poor replacement for new experiences, and should be severely discouraged.

I would much rather see classic concept being brought forward into new games than simply rehashing the exact same experiences we has 20 / 30 years ago.

Last edited:
I would vote for a flat shaded 4k 60fps Star Fox (maybe throw in Star Fox 2), original look, but perfectly fluid game, just like what Sega did with Virtua Racing on the Switch.

highrider

Banned
None.

Absolutely none whatsoever.

Remasters are a poor replacement for new experiences, and should be severely discouraged.

I would much rather see classic concept being brought forward into new games than simply rehashing the exact same experiences we has 20 / 30 years ago.

It must be exhausting having to make entirely new foods for every meal.

Top Bottom