• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Resident Evil game do you want remade next?

Which Resident Evil game should be next for the remake treatment

• Resident Evil 0

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 168 53.7%
  • Resident Evil 5

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Resident Evil 6

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Resident Evil Gaiden

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Resident Evil Remake

Votes: 63 20.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 8.0%

• Total voters

oliverp

Neo Member
A remake of RE 5 would be very in my opinion. I mean not least because it would be very cool to see Africa and the environments of that game in 4k.

kunonabi

Nah it really is, i went back and played OG re 3 the other week and the remake is missing SO much. No narrative choices, no random nemesis, no weapons from nemesis, no costumes to unlock except a shit version of her stars kit, no press office, no clocktower, no park, no dead factory, no barry ending. Its a shitty lazy cash grab. The only good thing in it is Jill and the mercs are better characters.
Nah, empathetic, weary but determined RE3 Jill is better than the generic sass bitch the remake turned her into.

dcx4610

Code Veronica with the 2/3 dev team. I never got a chance to play it when it came out originally.

I think we'll see yet another RE1 remake though next which I'm down for if it's a complete reimaging. I miss the tight cooridors/mansion RE style.

Outbreak because gaming online is way better now than it was during 2004. If you have a fibre connection, that is. If not, I recommend you get GET ONE!

🎮 🖥️ ⚡
This all the way. 1 and 2 bundled together. Same fixed camera controls, same controls, etc. Maybe add more levels. But do not turn it into the multiplayer BS that was tacked onto the last few games.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Only CV. I would also love another remake of RE1.

Don't care for any of the other RE's after 4.

Would rather they focus on Dino Crisis.

Jesb

Just make a new game similar to RE2 remake. Please stay away from enemies that constantly chase you that you can’t kill. See RE8 which is basically unplayable for me.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Resident Evil 5. Because it's a fantastic game and one of the best co-op experiences to be had :)
Although RE CV should be next I am pretty certain that they'll go with RE5 after.. well, RE9? No, that doesn't make sense. I think they should keep the numbered entries 3rd person and have another team experimenting with series in some other way (like RE7+8).

Come to think of it, I'm pretty excited in general as to how Capcom will continue the series after RE4. Ethan's story is basically finished (so they have to start something new) and assuming they do not tackle CV or RE1 (again), with RE5+6 they have to move into a territory where possibly massive story revaming is going to happen. Cause I think that Capcom does want to keep off of the extreme action path now in order to keep game production less expensive.

EekTheKat

RE6. Then possibly RE5 - as those are actually the titles that require the most work in a remake due to the amount of things in the designs that didn't work.

RE6 in particular was a gigantic game that had a ton of resources put behind it.

Remaking the remaining good/fondly remembered RE games has a higher risk of messing things up vs straight up fixing what didn't work in the less than popular games.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
RE6. Then possibly RE5 - as those are actually the titles that require the most work in a remake due to the amount of things in the designs that didn't work.

RE6 in particular was a gigantic game that had a ton of resources put behind it.

Remaking the remaining good/fondly remembered RE games has a higher risk of messing things up vs straight up fixing what didn't work in the less than popular games.
As mentioned above, I do not think that Capcom wants to go the way that RE6 went again. The scope just got too big. There is no need for warzones and big action setpieces in RE - and given the nature of things they have to keep making it more bombastic later on. Don’t think that RE can hold this. Rather they should keep making smaller games in a limited setting. Easier to make, less risk overall.

kunonabi

As mentioned above, I do not think that Capcom wants to go the way that RE6 went again. The scope just got too big. There is no need for warzones and big action setpieces in RE - and given the nature of things they have to keep making it more bombastic later on. Don’t think that RE can hold this. Rather they should keep making smaller games in a limited setting. Easier to make, less risk overall.
The end of RE8 is just as ridiculous as anything 6 did.

Definitely Code Veronica. I'm actually playing it again right now and I really appreciate this game a lot, it's got some cool ideas but would really benefit from the remake treatment.

If this were 2002, I'd probably feel inclined to agree. But it's 2023. I seen Capcom screw up too many games already.

RE2 and 3 had a lot of things removed. So while CV may look good visually with modern graphics, I still think they're likely to make it too dark, with the story shortened considerably.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If this were 2002, I'd probably feel inclined to agree. But it's 2023. I seen Capcom screw up too many games already.

RE2 and 3 had a lot of things removed. So while CV may look good visually with modern graphics, I still think they're likely to make it too dark, with the story shortened considerably.
Unlikely. There is not much to shorten in CV. It's length is stretched like no other RE by backtracking. And I'm saying this a someone who digs backtracking usually.

Jada_Li

Banned
Something else I hope to see in the future for RE.

I'm not sure if this would qualify but a couple of RE games I really want to replay again would be remaster versions of the original RE2 and RE3 for PC and consoles. I'm hoping that Capcom can see the original games are still amazing and nostalgic too.

Arachnid

None. No more remakes. Put that team on a third person new entry. The main characters are getting old as shit. Tie up their stories somehow.

SeraphJan

After CV, just stop remaking and continue with sequel

Start remaking other games such as Onimusha

Last edited:

TonyK

Code Veronica.
Get rid of some of the issues, keep it as long. And you got a great classic RE game

Then do RE 0-1 Fully Next gen.

In the mean time. RE9 and something else
shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Well, maybe 5. But seemingly, RE4 is gonna get a movie adaptation at some point. 😃

Interesting, yet not surprising. It's RE4. Popular games often do. 🤔

SafeOrAlone

Banned
The remakes have been a great success. I didn’t even expect them to remake 4, so I’m pretty satisfied for now. I know this is business but I think it’s okay to let the remakes rest for a bit.

If they really need to put a team on something, go ahead and surprise me, but I’m much more interested in RE9 now.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'd like to see a remake of RE4 come straight after the remake of RE4.

I'm not sure if a game has ever been remade within a couple of years, but I'd love to see Capcom (or anyone) build a new version of a game based on the complaints of gamers when it's released.

RE4: you asked for it version.

It is likely to be terrible.

Last edited:
CV, damn it. 😁

Although granted, I think they would be likely to mess it up. If they gave it the RE4 kid's gloves treatment, then no. It would turn out way, way better. But since it's CV, I just cannot see Capcom giving a shit about an old, tank controls, fixed camera angles era entry. Which is sad, you know? But it's not a money maker like RE4 or 5.

🧟‍♂️

poodaddy

I agree with the folks saying the original, but they better add a first person option with that. I don't wanna deal with a bunch of narrow corridors of a big house in third person, but I know a lot of people prefer third person, so please let it be adjustable with a simple button press, or my preference would be to just go first person with the first one frankly. I just think it'd be much scarier.

Overall, I'd prefer Code Veronica remake though. It's the only one left that feels extremely dated in terms of gameplay, and could definitely use a revival.

Chronos24

What I would like to see is a VR version of REMAKE and Code: Veronica. Dude imagine walking through those mansions in VR!!! Having Lisa chasing you, literally standing over that first body in ReMake as the zombie is eating him and for him to raise his head and look at you. Classic. I'd shit seeing that

Drizzlehell

Banned
Legit question, I don't mind that it's so popular, but why do people like Code Veronica so much in the first place?

I only played through it recently and the story is amazingly stupid, even for Resident Evil standards. Especially that Steve guy, he's such a twerp. From gameplay perspective the game also had so many bullshit moments that drove me up the wall. I finished it once and I honestly never want to see it again for the rest of my life, it was so annoying.

The overall vibe of CV reminded me of that stupid Dreamcast game where you were punching crab monsters. Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe it so if Capcom would decide to remake CV to be more in line with recent games, then it would be pretty much unrecognizable from the original.

I'd like to think that if CV was remade, Capcom would remember to keep in the great save room theme. I also like the music in the palace. It's what made the game so atmospheric.

CV was always a more realer RE game than 4 ever was. Most definitely!

Madflavor

I have no doubt they’re jumping right into RE5R, but doing it without the context of RE1 and CV might hurt the story. RE1, CV and RE5 are effectively the Chris vs Wesker trilogy.

Top Bottom