• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Sam Hyde exposes about the world of comedy

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Everything from the lefts influence on Late night, to Dave Chappelle, to MDE and Sam Hyde.

Its a brilliant video and I urge you to take 10min to watch it.

BlueAlpaca

Heh, for the past two days I've been trying to remember this cool youtube channel with a weird name. Next thing you know I go into a GAF thread and a video of theirs is in the opening post! After that I watch more and find out the bastards at google have demonetized them and that they're struggling. Fuck Google. :(

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, for the past two days I've been trying to remember this cool youtube channel with a weird name. Next thing you know I go into a GAF thread and a video of theirs is in the opening post! After that I watch more and find out the bastards at google have demonetized them and that they're struggling. Fuck Google. :(

I enjoy Sam's outrageous comedy but its become a task in its self to find his stuff.
His social media accounts are routinely shut down, video taken down, etc..

I think hes running a $5 month subscription service now.

Insane how they can run you off platforms.

I will be honest, I was skeptical to watch it, mainly due to me being sick of the Sam Hyde is the shooter meme, BUT that was actually really interesting to watch.

Creative people usually lean left. There is nothing to be "exposed" here. But hey you still have Jeff Dunham and Ted Nugent.

I refuse to believe Alex Jones isnt acting, it's all too crazy and scripted

I mean look at this shit and tell me its real

The fact that he’s never stated that this is a character and it’s satire and no one knows has had incredibly dangerous consequences. For example, he has incited the Sandy-truther movement, where people have harassed parents of killed children. He is an self-proclaimed conspiracy theorist. He is not playing a character. Also see Paul Joseph Watson, who works for him and doesn’t play a character either.

But that video is scripted, so he can get his followers to be angry at leftists.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Well one is good. But you made it sound like an epidemic. Besides he was already an anomaly before he stanned for POTUS

Well I think you’re making a big claim without any real evidence by equating creativity (and intellect by proxy) with political leaning. Especially so in the current environment when having the wrong political opinion can end your career. “Fuck you money” is a thing for a reason.

Well I think you’re making a big claim without any real evidence by equating creativity (and intellect by proxy) with political leaning. Especially so in the current environment when having the wrong political opinion can end your career. “Fuck you money” is a thing for a reason.

I am not claiming one is superior to another. I am sure right has a lot going for it in the intellectual fields.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I don’t understand this idea. Can’t you just slither off to Gab or Stormfront or LiveLeak or the myriad of other platforms where this shit is welcome?

Lol, I take it Sam falls into the "Hes a Nazi" camp for you?

brap

Banned
I don’t understand this idea. Can’t you just slither off to Gab or Stormfront or LiveLeak or the myriad of other platforms where this shit is welcome?
What shit? Not kissing everybody's ass 24/7 and whining about BRONALD JLUMPF?

Last edited:

gohepcat

Banned
Its a brilliant video and I urge you to take 10min to watch it.

Brilliant?....I think we have a different set of criteria for brilliance.

It is fascinating however. Because it appears to exist in the bazaro universe where is Stephen Colbert doesn’t have the number one late night talk show.

Lol, I take it Sam falls into the "Hes a Nazi" camp for you?

I would have to know who he is first

dropkick!

I am not claiming one is superior to another. I am sure right has a lot going for it in the intellectual fields.

TBF though if you are a creative, declaring yourself as a conservative will mean career death sentence. Even a slight disagreement on what the left does despite being a leftie can bring bad stuff to you (see @grummz )

Most conservatives will keep their powerlevels in check until they make it so big and got lots of money already to say eff off ala James Woods.

Dunki

Brilliant?....I think we have a different set of criteria for brilliance.

It is fascinating however. Because it appears to exist in the bazaro universe where is Stephen Colbert doesn’t have the number one late night talk show.

I would have to know who he is first
That is not what it is about at all. We are not talking about who is number one and why it is talked about how comedy is not allowed when the left does not want it to exist and they cause outrage like Buzzfeed who decides what is allowed and what is not. IT is about censorship opr better the facism of the extreme Political left.

VW80n7V.jpg

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Isn't he the guy responsible for all those mass shootings? Jk

His phone conversation with Tim Heidecker was pretty enlightening.

They threw him under the bus and never looked back.

Grinchy

Banned
Isn't he the guy responsible for all those mass shootings? Jk

His phone conversation with Tim Heidecker was pretty enlightening.

They threw him under the bus and never looked back.
That call with Tim was good. This call with some shitty buzzfeed reporter was good too

Creative people usually lean left. There is nothing to be "exposed" here. But hey you still have Jeff Dunham and Ted Nugent.

No, younger people tend to lean left. Then they get older and get more expenses and don't want to be giving so much of their money away and start to lean right. The natural way of things. Has been this way for eons.

As it turns out, the most creative people in Hollywood are usually younger and creativity fades as you age so it goes hand in hand.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
That call with Tim was good. This call with some shitty buzzfeed reporter was good too

I love how he is casually chugging moonshine. Dude is a modern day treasure!

JB: "So your assistant wrote all that"?
SH: "YOU LEAVE MY SISTER OUT OF THIS" !!!

SH: "You strike me as sort of .... a pussy".

lifa-cobex

The entire media landscape is quickly becoming little more than left wing propaganda, this of course includes comedy.

Would it be fair to say that a great deal of media and comedy have been left leaning for a very long time now.
I would argue just around how militant the media has become thus leading to comedy having to cow toe the line they as a crop set.

As Dunki posted above (George Carlin) who was a long time hero when I was a teenager. He was very left wing but I would imagine if he were alive today, he would have hit piece after hit piece hitting him on views that are very basic to making yourself self aware.

Hell John Cleese is leaving the UK as he's fed up with the state the media tries to get everyone to pick a side...

I don't so much blame comedians. It's a very hard gig to get into.
I very much lean towards the media and it's hit piece BS to having a major jab and people for just making jokes that don't toe the line.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I love how he is casually chugging moonshine. Dude is a modern day treasure!

JB: "So your assistant wrote all that"?
SH: "YOU LEAVE MY SISTER OUT OF THIS" !!!

SH: "You strike me as sort of .... a pussy".
Yeah, he's insane. He's such a dick to this reporter but it's fun to watch because it's Buzzfeed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The fact that he’s never stated that this is a character and it’s satire and no one knows has had incredibly dangerous consequences. For example, he has incited the Sandy-truther movement, where people have harassed parents of killed children. He is an self-proclaimed conspiracy theorist. He is not playing a character. Also see Paul Joseph Watson, who works for him and doesn’t play a character either.

But that video is scripted, so he can get his followers to be angry at leftists.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't keep up-to-date with the stuff too much, but didn't he and his legal team admit that it was acting (a character) during his divorce proceedings?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't keep up-to-date with the stuff too much, but didn't he and his legal team admit that it was acting (a character) during his divorce proceedings?
I never heard of that, but I looked into it:
http://www.businessinsider.com/lawyer-alex-jones-infowars-playing-character-acting-2017-4

It looks like the lawyer says it is, but his ex wife says Alex Jones is not playing a character. So, I’m still on the side of “he’s crazy” Since he never speaks out of character.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I never heard of that, but I looked into it:
http://www.businessinsider.com/lawyer-alex-jones-infowars-playing-character-acting-2017-4

It looks like the lawyer says it is, but his ex wife says Alex Jones is not playing a character. So, I’m still on the side of “he’s crazy” Since he never speaks out of character.

There is always the theory that I saw that he and a lot of his staff are exCIA operatives using bait and switch tactics.

But who knows, life can be such a drama.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

George Carlin was liberal as fuck and I mean old school liberal, not the fucking new far-left craziness, and if any of his shit was played today, people who.subscribe to their political dogma's heads would spin. They would probably label him a nazi cause he yt, lol.

So careful parroting what you may have learned. Always stay learning,.and always be open to new information before drawing your conclusions. I myself still need to work on that often.

Ted Nugent is an insult, lol. Fuck that guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom