• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Shenmue 3 would look like

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
sooo is sleeping dogs actually good for shenmue fans or is it just gta in a new setting.
Yakuza is much more in line with Shenmue. I'd compare Sleeping Dogs to Just Cause 2 before I compared it to Shenmue.

GhaleonEB

Love the QTE command with like, eight different buttons on it.

I lost it at the motorcycle bit. Well done parody, it got all the details right, down to the incredibly awkward questioning.

Haunted

brb crying myself to sleep right now

Having never played Shenmue, how big a stretch/satire were the 6-7 button QTE's?
The chase scene was perfect. The fight not so much, Shenmue has regular freeform combat. QTE fights had cuts and different angles like a cutscene.

ezekial45

Banned
sooo is sleeping dogs actually good for shenmue fans or is it just gta in a new setting.

Not quite. It's much more in line with the Yakuza games. I'd say this is what a true open-world Yakuza game would feel like.

I really recommend checking out it, it's one of the best surprise games this year.

Revoh

rekTN.jpg

Don't play with our hearts, OP.

legacyzero

Banned
If I didn't know anything about Sleeping Dogs, I would have believed you.

oh, and I couldn't hold back the laughter at "I found the mirror."

brumx

I hope not I think Shenmue engine is fine its still better looking than alot games out today. I prefer the DC look not modern for Shenmue.

Shinta

Banned
Hilarious and painful.

Though the QTE during normal combat was just dumb.

Agreed. It was funny at first but they overused the joke by the end. Not to mention, Sleeping Dogs still has QTEs, and they're fun. They were fun in Shenmue too.

Other than that, funny video. Playing through the game, I definitely thought of Shenmue 3 more than once.

Top Bottom