• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs get you in the zone at the gym

I'm looking for some new songs to listen to when I workout so I thought this thread could help fellow gym goers out that are getting sick of their songs too. Everyone has those songs that they listen to when they don't feel like working out that day or they listen to before they lift heavy to get their mind right. Here are some of my favorites:

DESTROYA

Never listened to music at the gym. Wish it had the effect of pumping me up
Gotta admit I also don’t like listening to music working out, it just distracts more than it helps focus or pump me up. I just like to focus on the task ahead and push through any struggles.

GymWolf

Music mostly distract me during an heavy exercise where i need max concentration to maintain a perfect form.

I listen to music when i have light hearted exercises, not with complicated routines.

I prefer music while beating a punch bag, to maintain a certain rythm.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I have the usual kind of workout playlist that everyone else uses, but when I hit that squat machine Baby Shark is the only tune that will allow me to power through the pain.
Blink 182 Reaction GIF

I am the push that makes you move... this song will make you run through a wall.

this one too

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Something like this.

Normal songs do nothing for me but this shit gets me going.

I only listen to music during warumup though.

Loki

Count of Concision
Prodigy -"Breathe" and "Firestarter"
Fabolous - "You Can't Deny It"
Eric B and Rakim -"Don't Sweat the Technique"
Tupac - "Hit Em Up"
Eric Prydz - "Call on Me"
Swedish House Mafia - "One"
Crystal Waters - "In The Ghetto"
Missy Elliot - "Get Ur Freak On" and "WTF (Where They From)"
New Order - "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Nikki Minaj - Truffle Butter and Chun-Li