• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

Shady_PL

Neo Member
Jun 11, 2019
Look it's a country that didn't hesitate a second to surrender to the Nazis and deported shit tons of people
Firstly, learn some history and stop being an ignorant.
today it's a country that hasn't evolved with old dumb fucks values and hypocrite morales, they have a neo-nazi party and an extreme-right wing party even though there's close to zero immigrants there.
Secondly, stop lying. There are loads of immigrants from Ukraine and India in big cities. No we don't have any neo-nazi party so you are again wrong here and you are in no position to dictate a sovereign country how it should operate.
I could've said the same of Russia, but nah they're independant, don't have nazi or extreme-right wing crap of that scale, they've evolved to some measure. But nah it's just those particular Hostel movie like shit-hole, albeit a beautiful one, I've been to Krakow, but the people there were mostly racist/homophobic/conservative couch-potato people.
Oh, so you are just a troll I see.

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Schreier is a fucking moron.
I'd personally say hilarious and sad.

Dude actually lives in the delusion that he's some high profile investigative journalist.

I mean dude. No, stop it. You're writing articles on video games. Your live is not put in danger by anything you write. Nothing that you will ever produce will have any big impact on society. Stop it. Just be happy doing what youre doing and get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Honey Bunny

Dec 1, 2011
I don't see a problem with what Schreier said. It's probably a smart business move fot these sites talking about social shit too, they're less well covered by youtube and twitch than gameplay previews are.

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
I don't see a problem with what Schreier said. It's probably a smart business move fot these sites talking about social shit too, they're less well covered by youtube and twitch than gameplay previews are.
The problem is he's an activist, not a journalist, and doesn't seem to know where the diference lies. I roughly remember a tweet from him on impartiality, where his blasé disdain for objective truth was captured like in an epitaph.

If you're an activist, sometimes truth is just an inconIvenience that must be tackled, so that the higher goal of social change can be brought about.

If you're a journalist, you're just after the facts. You're after the truth.

The whole interview, just like last years', was an exercise in activism, a 25-minute campaign where Jason rubbed his opinions on how the world should be against how the world is, as presented by CDPR's co-CEO.

Jason can't seem to be able to substantiate is opinions. I suppose he views them as self-evident. He just grabs the megaphone and blurts out.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2017
So in the trailer Keanu Reeves says something along the lines of we have a city to burn down. Is the story about you and Keanu destroying corporations who are promoting degeneracy?

Ol'Scratch

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2019
We live in 21th century. Some women have a penis. Why so many people care?
I imagine it is because the person in the poster was reveling in her freedom and who she is instead of being a shut in with a wig living vicariously through a message board who has to make everyone else feel as miserable as they are. (Otherwise known as 36% of Resetera)

• Triggered
Reactions: Piku_Ringo

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
at first i did not realize that the name of the soda is a reference to a popular body modification drug used by the trans community now. given this, it feels like the attempt was a tongue and cheek reference, that they were representing the community in the game, and not just doing a surface level style exploitation, but referencing a deep cut. isn't that a good thing? isn't that normalization? if they feel like a corporation is using their identity to sell a product, then welcome to the fucking club.

on some level i almost wonder if many trans people even care that much about this. society is 99.98% cis, they control the media. broadcasting allyship is seen as a virtue, and the commodifying of The Struggle is a daily ritual for these people. unfortunately so is commodifying attention. outrage is a natural attractor of attention. the fact that we are spending so much time discussing around whether it is tasteful or not, rather than whether to ban or censor it, or jail the creators, all this should be in itself a positive. THIS IS NORMALIZATION. you are out there in public, in full scrutiny. yes it is scary, it can be a violating experience. yes it will be done poorly, offensively, at first, but give it time.

CDPR, they are just artists, here is a representation of the real world, an energy drink ad, with a cyberpunk body mod theme to it. it's like that Twitter thread where someone was saying every time Japan is mentioned it's bad. as if Harrison Ford eating noodles wasn't seen as pretty cool and is instead a bad thing. as if giant neon billboards advertising sushi wasn't literally the film predicting the future, where that goes on in 2019 all the time. literature wise, it is historically ignorant to pretend all of this is negative, given the history of science fiction and dystopia. the 70s were a decade packed with dystopias, Silent Running to Planet of the Apes to Dark Star, largely it was an expression of the public's reasonable apocalyptic mindset, the Cold War being a 40 year propoganda campaign convincing everyone of their imminent demise at the hand of nuclear weapons, the optimistic sci fi of the golden futurist era (art deco, the stuff Lucas was getting back to w the PT) far gone and a distant memory. the Russians could kill us, or we could kill ourselves, and both of them were in space IRL, so why bother with the off planet future anyways?

Earthbound dystopia was the name of the game. how many 80s films patterned themselves after Mad Max rather than Star Wars? cyberpunk actually was unique in that it presented a future where civilization was not destroyed, it had blossomed, it had gotten MORE multicultural, intermixing of languages and technologies, old traditions and old gear. rather than celebrating a nihilistic capitalist apocalypse, cyberpunk to me is more about hacking the future by using the past, recombining and re-contextualizing things. it's optimistic, relying on personal customization, diverse characters with unique post-human bodies, a variety of experiences, a baroque inter-mingling of cultures. William Gibson's Neuromancer is not just a cool story, it reads like poetry, with a continuous flow of flowery descriptors and cool stylized names for things.

IMO Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was the true first cyberpunk story, a story of an outcast, a story of body modification through technology, of social misunderstanding, of the real monsters of society and those who merely look like that on the surface, of the painful passage from the pre-industrial world into the modern era. amazing how all these woke dudes pontification on cyberpunk never bother to mention this woman's landmark contribution to genre fiction.

Last edited:

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
CDPR is a painted target and will be forever because outrage culture has nothing to do with content: it is 100% predicated on threats to the credibility and prestige of Western opinion makers. They missed the boat on the The Witcher games, the third of witch happened to make a handful of critical darlings (Fallout, Mass Effect, etc.) look like utter dogshit, so now Cyberpunk has to get dinged.

Any time the usual journo outlets don't control the buzz surrounding a game, they have to invent some reason why this is true and insinuate themselves into the conversation. And since they don't fucking know anything about videogames and no one would value their opinion if they tried to say anything about videogames, they default to the one area where everyone is already an expert: moral posturing. The game itself could be perfectly squeaky clean with regards to all the different buttons that internet privilege checkers guard against being pushed and it wouldn't matter, they'd just invent some new angle, because the whole point is to get you talking about them and not the game itself.

Reactions: CrustyBritches

Piku_Ringo

Jan 24, 2015
CDPR is a painted target and will be forever because outrage culture has nothing to do with content: it is 100% predicated on threats to the credibility and prestige of Western opinion makers. They missed the boat on the The Witcher games, the third of witch happened to make a handful of critical darlings (Fallout, Mass Effect, etc.) look like utter dogshit, so now Cyberpunk has to get dinged.

Any time the usual journo outlets don't control the buzz surrounding a game, they have to invent some reason why this is true and insinuate themselves into the conversation. And since they don't fucking know anything about videogames and no one would value their opinion if they tried to say anything about videogames, they default to the one area where everyone is already an expert: moral posturing. The game itself could be perfectly squeaky clean with regards to all the different buttons that internet privilege checkers guard against being pushed and it wouldn't matter, they'd just invent some new angle, because the whole point is to get you talking about them and not the game itself.
Not if they pay lady Anita all the monies to save them, only she can call them off.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Jan 24, 2015
There should be a PC mod to have Anita added to the game but no one downloads that mod.
Better still just plaster a sticker on the cover of Anita's face with"Anita's seal of approval " written below it. That'll move a shit ton of copies.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
they should put anita in the game as a homeless dumpster diver who eats dreams

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Somnium