• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

Somnium

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
The best part is that CDPR doesn't give an iota of a fuck about what Reee thinks
They just need to stop issuing public apologies and acknowledging these people altogether though. I still can't believe the person handling their twitter was fired over a harmless joke. Yet these idiots still aren't satisfied and hold the entirety of CDPR in contempt. These are not reasonable people.

It's amusing seeing these obnoxious and arrogant idiots try to rally up an outrage mob to turn against the game and CDPR, They have no legitimate arguments either. They want all depictions hypothetical trans characters to be positive, virtuous or "tasteful". They want to sterilize cyberpunk. Talk about completely missing the point of the genre fucking hell :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Makariel

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Is this seriously a woman with a penis or is that a baguette? If it is a penis why is it so gigantic? Is it a dude? What the hell is going on with this game?
First teh wahmen came for our jobs, now they come for our penises!

By Cyberpunk standards this is a tame bodymod. Your body is just a shell.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Kadayi and Isa

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
So I checked Era myself and holy shit they are losing their shits there!
I don't even know if they are serious or they force to be hostile to not get banned by the mods.
Went and had a look myself, and my god does the NPC meme apply to them more and more each day.

I absolutely believe them to be serious though. It's just got to the point where they're such an echo chamber you can't tell the difference between their genuine reactions and parody.

Holammer

Jan 3, 2019
Wonder how far they'll take sexual content in the game? Enough to make Subverse nervous?

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I honestly don't remember, what did GTA have, that someone had issues with?
The overt freedom to commit so much violence, such as beating the hookers to get your money back after giving you a beej for some health ups.

And then there was the whole Hot Coffee fiasco

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
The overt freedom to commit so much violence, such as beating the hookers to get your money back after giving you a beej for some health ups.

And then there was the whole Hot Coffee fiasco
Ahhh. So the sjw are the christian conservatives and "concerned parents" of this day and age. Somehow this role reversal is fitting.

Reactions: haxan7 and kingbean

Filben

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I honestly don't remember, what did GTA have, that someone had issues with?
I think what he meant was that a majority of ERA people lose their shit over this while probably the same people didn't take issues with GTA that depicts some weird shit. I also remember ERA basically forcing Ubisoft to alter that in-game artwork on a building that was mocking homosexual cops or something.

Apparently it is not okay for fictional worlds to depict real life issues as they occur in real life. But only if it concerns minorities. Killing white male guys in the most gruesome way is still okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

RevenantX

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2018
It's just the outfit. Looks like hard leather part of the outfit coming out in weird way. It just your imagination going in wrong way.

Plus people need something to create drama.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
I think what he meant was that a majority of ERA people lose their shit over this while probably the same people didn't take issues with GTA that depicts some weird shit. I also remember ERA basically forcing Ubisoft to alter that in-game artwork on a building that was mocking homosexual cops or something.

Apparently it is not okay for fictional worlds to depict real life issues as they occur in real life. But only if it concerns minorities. Killing white male guys in the most gruesome way is still okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Riiiight. They are also having a fit over the black gang members, saying how it's problematic. And how the creator of Cyberpunk is a racist. You know, Mike Pondsmith, the cool black guy.

RevenantX

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2018
Era forum going crazy as expected. Next thread they will create about Boycott of Cyberpunk lol

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
They just need to stop issuing public apologies and acknowledging these people altogether though. I still can't believe the person handling their twitter was fired over a harmless joke. Yet these idiots still aren't satisfied and hold the entirety of CDPR in contempt. These are not reasonable people.

It's amusing seeing these obnoxious and arrogant idiots try to rally up an outrage mob to turn against the game and CDPR, They have no legitimate arguments either. They want all depictions hypothetical trans characters to be positive, virtuous or "tasteful". They want to sterilize cyberpunk. Talk about completely missing the point of the genre fucking hell :pie_thinking:
I highly doubt that dude was seriously fired. They probably said that he was just to shut people up.

Last edited:

somerset

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Its a *body enhancement* future with cyber implants. So the OP is utterly redundant, even as a 'funny' observation.

Reactions: Eraroten

ZeroGravity

Dec 5, 2008
ResetEra is having a meltdown over this right now. Threatening to boycott the game, etc. They'll all buy it, just like they all bought Witcher 3.
The people threatening to boycott likely had no interest in the game to begin with. Same thing happened with A Hat in Time and the JonTron stuff, and that was a much smaller game that still ended up being a big success despite threats of boycotts. They have no power.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
Ahhh. So the sjw are the christian conservatives and "concerned parents" of this day and age. Somehow this role reversal is fitting.
They're way, WAY less rational and logical than the old moral panic crowd.

At least back in the 80's and 90's people were basing their outrage on clearly set out and agreed upon moral lessons from a religious text.

The far left have no consistency, logic or clear standard to hold anything against, which led us from virtue signalling to hate signalling and demands for censorship, while in the same breath pushing for ever more extreme depictions of unusual fetishes, homeosexual sexualisation of Male characters while female ones are covered up and masculinised and depicting unhealthy behavior such as over eating as being something to be celebrated as brave and oppressed.

It's a mad religion with no concept of morality that sees the entire world as nothing more than uniform hive minded groups only interested in power and how best to exploit everyone else to get it.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
I usually ignore the sjw outrages because they are just stupid overreaction not worth reading, but their complaints about this go so many levels beyond that.

It's non euclidean logic, so far beyond circular reasoning that they can't keep it straight in their circle.
That's why like half of them is having none of it ;) The head is eating the tail.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
You can augment what you want in that future and Reeesetera are having a fit over it lmao. Because oh my god how can they have such fetishized ads in a cyberpunk world.

I really hope CD PR don't cave.
We'll need to wait for reaction from CDPR, if any.

I actually think Cyberpunk will be the thing that will break the camels back - either cave in and usher the sjw dystopia full time, or resist and be a real punk for a change.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019
You can augment what you want in that future and Reeesetera are having a fit over it lmao. Because oh my god how can they have such fetishized ads in a cyberpunk world.

I really hope CD PR don't cave.
They won't, because they're smart enough to realize you can't win with certain crowds so why bother to try?

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Wouldn't be surprised if Era eventually bans all discussion on the game a la Kingdom Come since it causes nothing but arguments (in bad faith) on top of the game already being "problematic".

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
Resetera's having a fit over this. I honestly don't know why... nor do I have the energy to try and understand, because.... well, who cares?

zwiggelbig

Apr 6, 2017
Is this seriously a woman with a penis or is that a baguette? If it is a penis why is it so gigantic? Is it a dude? What the hell is going on with this game?
I think in 2077, the world does not care anymore what you are, how u want to be, how u want to look like, how u want to identify or wether u want to get a big penis attached if ur a woman.
love it. U can alter so many things with your body then. and nobody gives a dam fuck anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: EviLore

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
Retards that run that cesspit reeeera aren't that brave to ban the most popular and talked about video game on this globe right now.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Goddamn those threads are fucking GOLDMINES:messenger_tears_of_joy:

You know what would have made this work? If the ad had been vandalized by a trans person. Some graffiti saying something like "Not your fetish" in the trans flag colors or something would have made authorial intent clear and made the world feel more like a crapsack cyberpunk world where people are fighting back against the shiny corp images being sold to them.
Leaving it shiny and pristine feels like endorsement.
NOT YOUR FETISH YOU BIGOTED PIECE OF SHIT
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
If it let's devs have a tick against "Transinclusive", I'm fine with it.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
If it let's devs have a tick against "Transinclusive", I'm fine with it.
That's the problem, isn't it? They include trans character that doesn't wave flags or calls for death of white people and suddenly it's offensive.

They don't include anything - and suddenly it's not diversive enough.

You can't win with these fucks, best to laugh and then ignore them.

Last edited: