• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

Eraroten

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2017
CD PR should come out and straight up say: ''We're absolutely sad by the state of this world, seeing so many people having a problem with this. Are ResetEra and Twitter truly so transphobic?''

Watch the world burn after that. xD

Last edited:

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
CD PR should come out and straight up say: ''We're absolutely sad by the state of this world, seeing so many people having a problem with this. Are ResetEra and Twitter truly so transphobic?''
I would pay money to see that kind of reaction ;) use their own weapons against them.

Reactions: Eraroten and DanEON

Cpt.Hund

Neo Member
Dec 11, 2018
I swear to god I see the word bigotry used so much in that site. I don't even see it used outside of there much AT ALL.

Last edited:

Kazza

Oct 6, 2018
I think in 2077, the world does not care anymore what you are, how u want to be, how u want to look like, how u want to identify or wether u want to get a big penis attached if ur a woman.
love it. U can alter so many things with your body then. and nobody gives a dam fuck anymore
If you imagine what CRISPR and other gene editing technology will be like by 2077, then there could be all kinds of crazy stuff going on. It's likely that our sense of identity won't hold so strong once changing the colour of your eyes/skin/gender becomes like changing clothes.

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
This is possibly my favourite bitch/virtue signaler response, to the best reply in that thread... Evaaaarrr (sorry about the nonsense)

Kazza

Oct 6, 2018
It seems like some gaming sites (rockpapershotgun and eurogamer) are starting to come after the game (at least according to this Era thread).

On a very different note, the shooting looks limp. Bullets pile into people as their healthbars tick down, each shot lacking impact despite goon after goon tumbling to the floor. I’m hoping I won’t need to resort to my gun too often, though: abilities like that turret manhandling spice up what looks like piddly gunplay.
I’m also increasingly concerned about Cyberpunk’s handling of non-white cultures. Last year’s Gamescom demo drew criticism for its clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character, and I’m not convinced the Voodoo Boys are a step in the right direction. At one point V, the player character, mockingly says “and who are dem” in response to Placide’s pronunciation.
I really don't trust their objectivity regarding the shooting mechanics. Once they decide the politics aren't right, any fair assessment seems impossible.

Somnium

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
This is possibly my favourite bitch/virtue signaler response, to the best reply in that thread... Evaaaarrr (sorry about the nonsense)

LOL they've certainly backed themselves into a corner with this one. Mental gymnastics: The Thread.

Reactions: Kazza

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018

Even the people they claim to "protect" are against them. If that isn't irony, then I don't know what is.

decisions

Jun 16, 2015
Hahahaha that thread.

- OP is mad
- Bunch of people used to having ResetERA OPs tell them how to think are mad
- Wait, what are we mad about?
- CIVIL WAR

Monsterkillah

Aug 12, 2018
What are they even talking about in the other forum?

I understand the words on their own, but when they put it into a post I can't comprehend it.

My mind won't make sense of it.
These are probably the kind of people we re dealing with at Resetera

(pictures from pride lgbt parade)

Not exactly a role model for kids arent they

Last edited:

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
They're way, WAY less rational and logical than the old moral panic crowd.

At least back in the 80's and 90's people were basing their outrage on clearly set out and agreed upon moral lessons from a religious text.

The far left have no consistency, logic or clear standard to hold anything against, which led us from virtue signalling to hate signalling and demands for censorship, while in the same breath pushing for ever more extreme depictions of unusual fetishes, homeosexual sexualisation of Male characters while female ones are covered up and masculinised and depicting unhealthy behavior such as over eating as being something to be celebrated as brave and oppressed.

It's a mad religion with no concept of morality that sees the entire world as nothing more than uniform hive minded groups only interested in power and how best to exploit everyone else to get it.
Post modernism at its finest.

SaiyanRaoh

Jun 22, 2013
What are they even talking about in the other forum?

I understand the words on their own, but when they put it into a post I can't comprehend it.

My mind won't make sense of it.
Yesterday, even Jeff from Giant Bomb threw some shade at them. He won't even go on there because of their hive mind. I'm not even sure why I still go on there myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: brap and Eraroten

Simply_Bry

Sep 2, 2018
In 2077, you can replace your vagina with a penis as a part of your robot body anytime you want. They did this to satisfy SJWs demanding representation of gender fluid people in video games.

Reactions: Sycomunkee

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
Cyberpunk 2077, where being gender fluid is just a cartridge change away.

For Resetera being all open and accepting along with the setting that this game is in, this shouldn't be an issue. It's not like it's very different from the style of the main character and Ad's are typically sexualized. But alas, logic does not exist at the Era.

In 2077, you can replace your vagina with a penis as a part of your robot body anytime you want. They did this to satisfy SJWs demanding representation of gender fluid people in video games.
aw damn, beat me to it.

Last edited:

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077, where being gender fluid is just a cartridge change away.

For Resetera being all open and accepting along with the setting that this game is in, this shouldn't be an issue. It's not like it's very different from the style of the main character and Ad's are typically sexualized. But alas, logic does not exist at the Era.
Lol, if they don't have an "issue" they don't have any attention or power. So they'll invent one, logic, or whatever other silly concepts be damned.