• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
For those of us not inclined to delve too deep into the madhouse, I some screenshots/quotes would be appreciated

JordanN JordanN posted some in the off-site thread:

Ivory Blood

Sep 9, 2018

Holy shit. Do they not get tired of trying to invent reasons to ban people?

Se_7_eN

Feb 3, 2015
Seattle

Thats me!

I was the first one banned in the thread... Where is my prize?

ebevan91

May 24, 2013
Someone actually got banned on Era for a month for simply posting they would still buy the game?? Wow!
They literally said nothing else.
I almost posted the same.
That game is gonna get the Kingdom Come: Deliverance treatment there.

Last edited:
Reactions: J-Roderton

Terenty

Nov 21, 2018

Man, and to think some developers frequent this nuthouse is astonishing. All the sane people are getting banned left and right while the unhinged monkeys keep flinging their shit.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: CyRuZ and Tesseract

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
I think there is a greater irony in the fact that if this was an actual person at an LGBT pride parade like the Sydney Mardi Gras, they wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. It would just be considered someone expressing their pride in who they are.

I wonder if the people complaining about the depiction here are equally outraged at the self expression at such events?

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

Se_7_eN

Feb 3, 2015
Seattle
Progressives complain if there aren't any trans people
Progressives now complaining when there are trans people
Reason #496830 why progressives are fucking retarded
I generally don't understand how you win with it... It's not even about being "Progressive" anymore because if you ignore them, they are outraged, if you put them in the game, they are outraged.

The real solution is to not put them in the game and when they ask "Why aren't there any trans people in your game"? You reply with "They are in there, and I am really shocked and offended that you can't see that."

Hey I'm on that list!
That makes two of us, welcome back!

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014
Even if I don't agree with it, usually I "get" what might be "problematic" about something to certain people - but I really have no idea here. Why is this bothersome/boycott-worthy to some?

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
That game is gonna get the Kingdom Come: Deliverance treatment there.
But that’s the thing. They will allow discussion of the game because they know it’s going to be huge, but limit all discussion as to the “transphobia” to “its transphobic”. And no other discussion will be had.

Cowards. If they want ban the game on their site fine, but to get the benefit (and traffic) of discussing the game but then limit the discussion on any “problematic issues” is pure hypocrisy.

That site is truly insane when it comes to social issues. Their dogma is nothing short of religious zealotry. They are who they say they hate and cannot simply understand the complexity of human beings.

Don’t even attempt to be reasonable over there to have a discussion. They don’t want it and you won’t get it. Have it here, where you will be thoughtfully challenge no matter where you are on the issue.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
This is fetishizing a very serious lifestyle is going too far. Where is the taste and restraint often displayed in, for instance, Drag Race?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: brap and Helios

Ivory Blood

Sep 9, 2018
But that’s the thing. They will allow discussion of the game because they know it’s going to be huge, but limit all discussion as to the “transphobia” to “its transphobic”. And no other discussion will be had.

Cowards. If they want ban the game on their site fine, but to get the benefit (and traffic) of discussing the game but then limit the discussion on any “problematic issues” is pure hypocrisy.

That site is truly insane when it comes to social issues. Their dogma is nothing short of religious zealotry. They are who they say they hate and cannot simply understand the complexity of human beings.

Don’t even attempt to be reasonable over there to have a discussion. They don’t want it and you won’t get it. Have it here, where you will be thoughtfully challenge no matter where you are on the issue.
The discussion in other CP2077 topics pretty much stopped after they started those threads.

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
Even if I don't agree with it, usually I "get" what might be "problematic" about something to certain people - but I really have no idea here. Why is this bothersome/boycott-worthy to some?
The problem is that the subject of the poster isn't a fat speedrunner

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
The discussion in other CP2077 topics pretty much stopped after they started those threads.
Only because we don't know much. There will be more....And thats when we get to see their lunacy even more.
Just got a 3 day ban from the other place for " insensitive drive by " i only said " if you dont like it dont play the game "
Im surprised its just 3. Here, I'll respond like your average ReSet poster. "I am allowed to have an opinion on the game and to have the corporations bend to my sensitivity. You are handwaiving very real issues affecting the this community and are dismissing the issue."

Birdo

Jun 12, 2019
UK
Now that's a future I'd like to live in.

Joking aside, the whole concept of people having interchangable parts is cool. Be whatever you want in the future. It's awesome.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Somnium